MeanMachine77
+25|6286
Thought it would be fun to post some stories, where everyone can post his nooobiest moments and share a laugh at himself and others.

I will start:

I often play sniper. And I especially love to find others snipers unaware of my presence in their position. I knife them of sometimes i put a clay between their legs, take a screenshot, and wait for his next moves to get him blown off the roof...
SO I find this guy on ghost town on a remote roof. I sneek towards him, put the clay between his legs, take a SS and wait. But the guys not moving. So after some seconds I say to myself, lets knife him and go on. I drop down prone, sneak up and as I stab him the first time, he jumps up because of hearing my knife, triggers the clay and we both are blown off the roof into another dimension. I even could watch my body land on his on the ground...

Next time: knfe, no fussy playing with clays on the nutz and screenshots ;(

So much for pwning myself. Look forward to read your noooobiest moments...
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6452|Australia.
My noob moment?

Sure, I have had more noob moments than you've had hot dinners.

There is one I remember though...

I had just got my X52, and thought "heh im pretty 1337 wit ma joystik", so I start doing flips and rolls in a     J-10. Once I was flying upside down and I saw an enemy Hummer sitting idle, heh, and there I was thinking that I'd pwn him pretty bad. I pressed joy-5 (drop bombs)...

I think you can figure out the rest.
I've had alot more noob moments than that, but that one for some reason, has always stayed with me.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6408|dm_maidenhead
I was flying a jet on wake. Then when fling towards the airfield I crashed into our attack heli trying to stop the Chinese retaking the flag, I team killed both people in it then the carcase of the jet flew into another one of our jets reloading. I lol-d . It was funny. My team didn't seem to think so. XD

Last edited by petermassingale (2007-02-18 05:05:21)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6408|dm_maidenhead

Macca wrote:

My noob moment?

I had just got my X52, and thought "heh im pretty 1337 wit ma joystik", so I start doing flips and rolls in a     J-10. Once I was flying upside down and I saw an enemy Hummer sitting idle, heh, and there I was thinking that I'd pwn him pretty bad. I pressed joy-5 (drop bombs)...

I've had alot more noob moments than that, but that one for some reason, has always stayed with me.
I can't figure it out. :S  When flying upside down the bombs don't drop on yourself. They just drop normally. So what happened?
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6452|Australia.

petermassingale wrote:

Macca wrote:

My noob moment?

I can't figure it out. :S  When flying upside down the bombs don't drop on yourself. They just drop normally. So what happened?
Hmm...okay.
If I knew how to have taken a screenshot back then, I'd submit it.
But I can vow and declare I was flying debris after I pushed that button.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6408|dm_maidenhead
ok then. I beleive you. Maybe at the exact moment you crashed into an unfortunately placed tree or similar object.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6452|Australia.

petermassingale wrote:

ok then. I beleive you. Maybe at the exact moment you crashed into an unfortunately placed tree or similar object.
Speaking of which, don't you just hate those radar tower things? I've crashed into them mutiple times. Hard to see when you're going 800miles an hour.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6408|dm_maidenhead
I know. They annoy me. But when you learn the maps to know where they all are its fine.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6526|Adelaide, South Australia

N00biest moment? Driving onto a mine with a full Humvee, while I could see it.

Most Un-n00biest moment: Killing a J-10 with an AT mine

They balance each other out I think
Djbrown
+129|6503|Adelaide, Aussieland
Once in OCS i got in the MEC bomber and i got in the co-pilot seat. while im waiting for the jet to take off i realised its moving really slow, why doesnt the pilot put on the afterburner and take off. about 3/4 down the tarmac i look at my screen and see the HUD... i was in the pilot seat all along. My joystick was automatically set to forwards so when i realised i was piloting it was too late and we flew right into the water it was real annoying coz i got called a noob retard pilot, although im actually very good at the jets.

Last edited by Djbrown (2007-02-18 05:32:50)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6572|England

I love the littlebirds on AF. Adore the things But they have a good tendancy of toppling over on takeoff, especially if you try to spin on the pad. A good few times Ive managed to do that, killing my crew of engineers
Shame, cos when its up and flying you can easily rape the shit out of Infy
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6496|Gogledd Cymru

Djbrown wrote:

Once in OCS i got in the MEC bomber and i got in the co-pilot seat. while im waiting for the jet to take off i realised its moving really slow, why doesnt the pilot put on the afterburner and take off. about 3/4 down the tarmac i look at my screen and see the HUD... i was in the pilot seat all along. My joystick was automatically set to forwards so when i realised i was piloting it was too late and we flew right into the water it was real annoying coz i got called a noob retard pilot, although im actually very good at the jets.
lol +1
The_Jester
+52|6498|Italy
Nothing special, just destroyed my team's arty in my noob days when I was a bit confused about the maps.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6626
Noob: Same what happened to Djbrown.
Pro: Killing two guys in attack chopper and past flying J10 at same time with one SRAW.

Edit: Edited noob moment.

Last edited by Hacial (2007-02-18 06:01:21)

Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
+22|6652|Top of the leaderboard.
one that i remember is.....I was commander of usmc on mashtuur, we got capped out and there was me and one guy left, well being new to the commanding position back then i see a bunch of mec going to backyard, so duh i put an arty strike there, no harm its theisr anyways....well my guy was there capping it out i managed to kill him...not too bad right im still alive to cap it the rest of the way...not exactly as i had forgot i was on the roof at the backyard and i killed myself as well...got a lot of bitching at me....
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6334|Australia
I was commander on IO Karkand on the MEC team. I was at the hotel, and decided to mine the place with C4 and move back to square and wait for it to be capped. I threw down the C4 like mad, constantly clicking. I forgot that after the 5th pack is thrown, you automatically take out the detonator, and you should stop clicking......

Fortunately, no one else was caught up in the bang.
MeanMachine77
+25|6286
I also often try to throw a sixth pack of c4, to a comm asset, resulting in gaining 1 point for detroying it and -2/-2 for blowing myself into pieces...

What I also love is, when I´m playing Medic,  and I´m dealing out medpacks, then get shot, I run away, throwing acks in font of me to heal myself. And every now and then I pass around a corner, directly bumping into some enemy there, and because I didnt switch back to my rifle first, I try to kill him, by throwing medpacs on his heads...

This leads to me, being killed clicking furiously and him getting healed by the guy he just pwned...
MeanMachine77
+25|6286
Or the fact, that somehow, my joystick-settings are pretty awkward for the aircrafts. The thrust lever is normal for planes, inverted for helos... Tried to fix it several times, no chance... Which leads to really funny moments, when I dont manage to check them before I enter the plane, like me rolling backwards of the carrier or such stuff
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6625|InGerLand
on wake on the carrier, got in the jet, decided to be boring and do a hover take off but put my fingers on the arrow keys in the wrong place went sideways of the platform. Was dead proud because i still managed to stop myself going in the water. However i pulled up too hard and went flying into a nearly full blackhawk, team was not impressed... lol
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6459|UK
This one has probably happen to loads of people when they were a noob but me it happen just as start playing 2142 and slackened off BF2 but i would still come and play a few rounds now and then. One of the time i was just playing a bit of sharqi and was surprising doing well even though i hadn't played BF2 for a few weeks.

So I'm just finish spawning killing a bunch of people (i know how unskilled of me but i love it what can i say) and I'm just sitting on little metal bin thing next to a spawn and my i request some supplies to keep me going but don't use the map just the comm rose for the SL and just click it without realising their is giant metal bar in front of me and the commander just drops it by accepting my request on his screen and i sit there waiting patiently and then i see this shadow in front of me, I'm like yes my supplies the shadow gets alittle bigger I'm like i swear that the supplies are going 2 metres in front me .. bang I'm dead id dropped supplies that i requested on my own head without even realising it  because i fucked up my line sight on the comm rose and my squad had to spawn back at the mec base lame as.

My most Leet moment was jumping out of heli into Humvee from 500 m up without a parchute i wish i had filmed it just for sheer cool. It was moving too and when i jumped out i hadn't planned to get in but half way though i saw the potential and manage that one time. The timing was insane tried it since with rag doll results.

Last edited by Recoil555 (2007-02-20 04:09:24)

bootsy
Banned
+9|6293
hitting e instead of w when flying a jet, go flying towards the ground,lose jet, i hate that,lol
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

bootsy wrote:

hitting e instead of w when flying a jet, go flying towards the ground,lose jet, i hate that,lol
Yeah I hate that, I seem to do it at least once a week.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6613|Parainen, Finland
My worst mistake was playing against a guy I hate more than Gene Hackman...

I shot him down, and typed "PWNED" after killing him without pressing J first...

Fucking embarrassing...
TheOriginalUberN00b
+16|6492|Hereford,AZ. USA

MeanMachine77 wrote:

Thought it would be fun to post some stories, where everyone can post his nooobiest moments and share a laugh at himself and others.

I will start:

I often play sniper. And I especially love to find others snipers unaware of my presence in their position. I knife them of sometimes i put a clay between their legs, take a screenshot, and wait for his next moves to get him blown off the roof...
SO I find this guy on ghost town on a remote roof. I sneek towards him, put the clay between his legs, take a SS and wait. But the guys not moving. So after some seconds I say to myself, lets knife him and go on. I drop down prone, sneak up and as I stab him the first time, he jumps up because of hearing my knife, triggers the clay and we both are blown off the roof into another dimension. I even could watch my body land on his on the ground...

Next time: knfe, no fussy playing with clays on the nutz and screenshots ;(

So much for pwning myself. Look forward to read your noooobiest moments...
thats why when im sniper i get in a good spot and then set a claymore and lay on the claymore while sniping so if anyone trys to knife me we both blow up and i get the kill
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6696|London, UK
Usually when i wait for a plane and it spawns i run up to it but forget to press E and as i run up to it as it spawns it crushes me samething with heli...>.<

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard