Barrakuda777
+86|6738|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Ok, so i have seen alot of people bitching about this or that hacker on their server and how they banned them, and I have a question.
I am not intrested in people calling each other out but im intrested in if its fair!

Iif the guy is just much better than them and essentially ruins the rest of the servers enjoyment, is it fair that they ban them from what is their server?
Does that breach the ROE for the clan providing the server?
Is it really really lame?

Kooda
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6831|Grapevine, TX
  • No
  • Yes
  • Yes
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651
yes
Panikfrost
+9|6536
bf2 players are some of the most retarded people in the world.I HATE whoever plays it now because of the stupidness people show.ESPECIALLY ADMINS
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
No
Yes
Yes

Last edited by Longbow (2007-02-17 07:20:23)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
my girl and me got kicked from a server, because we owned them with the chopper. we are not the uber-l33t crew, but the opponents were just crap. that was pretty unfair, because we didn´t breach any rules at all...

if it is skill. deal with it. if they breach rules, kick them. but kicking players, just because they are better is so lame..
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

I've been kicked from servers 27 times.  Probably 20 of them are because I base rape in no base raping servers and end up killing the admin of the server while in their base.  Needless to say, a lot of squads are pretty gay when it comes to them getting their ass whooped on their own server.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6454|Cambridge, UK

If someones just good everyone should deal with it (and get proof if they think hax are involved not name call)

However, once people just start either leaving or swapping teams and its killing the server I think those who pay for the server have the right to take action: kick, ban (but not perm).

I know many will whine, but games are about havin FUN and one person shouldn't be aloud to totally kill a server and everyone elses fun (especially if you pay for it)

Personally I don't understand why people play if its like shooting fish in a barrel
killaer
+41|6719
Yes. It's their server, they pay for it, they can do what they want with it.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6608|Parainen, Finland
I have been kicked and banned 278 / 7!!!!!!!!!!

For being a H4x0r or Nazi every single fucking time, except once I was banned cause i shot down Kingi and didn´t show him respect!!!

Most of the admins kicks just because they are having a bad day or someone better owns them!!!

There should be an official software bot that takes care of the kicking and banning, cause the human nature can´t handle such "power"
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
I got kicked a lot & banned several times for pwning server admin with GL . However , most of my kicks\bans come from baseraping ; though it is only the reason they kick\ban me , mostly I wasn't even close to attacking uncap
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

• No
  • Yes
  • Yes
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

• No
  • Yes
  • Yes
QFE

I've lost count of ammount of times I get 'the phantom kick' when I just happen to be way ahead of everyone else on the server.

{mEr} (I think that was their tag) were a classic, got kicked for 'TKing' despite the fact FF was off and I had teamwork scores higher than everyone else, went back on and asked why I was kicked and the respose was "because you exploit, bye bye prick" apparently standing on open ground shooting people is exploiting, news to me, then I got banned and had some tea and biscuits.

Happens all the time to many many people, basic reasoning to rent a server is just so people dont have to deal with anything difficult. I don't know of a 'good' clan that hosts a server coz they don't pub/don't want pubbers joining.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

LOL.  N/Y/Y.

A few nights ago, I went into an IO server I regularly frequent, but used a new 0 point account.  Went engineer 12/2 in the first few minutes, and got "network connection" errors.  Kept getting it as I got in again and again.  Went with my regular account, no "network connection" issues.  Hmmm...  a new way to kick players out?

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-02-17 07:26:09)

Markzero
+0|6282|Finland
One of the sadest thing is if you play too good in some of those servers eventually you'll get banned from that server just,because admin doesn't like that.

That happened to me twice in city maps only/infantry only servers after playing non stop on those servers 8-10 hours,but it doesn't matter anymore,because there's other better servers nowdays.

Edit:i mean i got perm banned from those servers,because of that,but that was like ½ year ago and i'm still banned from those servers.

Last edited by Markzero (2007-02-17 07:38:19)

Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6437|UK
been banned from around 3 servers for suspected "haX"

i got a screenshot of it somewhere but i cba to find

i know one of the servers was fmj e-sports and 75thR

edit: and no its not fair they need to grow up and learn there is always someone better out there

Last edited by Zero!. (2007-02-17 07:57:13)

Fearmesnipers
+41|6447|Wales
i have over 100 kicks... about half are for asshole ego comments i make the the other half are just for getting owned bad.. and a few cheeky comments chuked in aswell..

Kooda gets kicked alll the time cus of his "hacks" yano that one called.. aim and fire..
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

• No
  • Yes
  • Yes
What he said.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6495|Berlin, Germany

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

For being a H4x0r or Nazi every single fucking time, except once I was banned cause i shot down Kingi and didn´t show him respect!!!

Most of the admins kicks just because they are having a bad day or someone better owns them!!!

There should be an official software bot that takes care of the kicking and banning, cause the human nature can´t handle such "power"
sorry, but your name has a nazi touch - i would ban you too. racist/nazinames are a no-go

that you were banned for killing Kingi is tough luck - my condolances for that

Last edited by OGdR_MadMax (2007-02-17 09:54:15)

jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

sorry, but your name has a nazi touch - i would ban you too. racist/nazinames are a no-go
Can someone tell me what his name even means?

Anyway,i got banned from the Sf 2142 server for taking there gunship,then wen't back and took the other gunship and killed them.Which meant i got banned again.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6495|Berlin, Germany
Sturmbannführer and Obersturmbannführer were ranks in Hitlers SS/SA-troops. The "Uber" probably comes from "leetspeak"
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

jord wrote:

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

Can someone tell me what his name even means?
It's a play on a German rank Obersturmbannfuehrer.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6495|Berlin, Germany
also look here

btw. not a german rank - Hitler was austrian
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

btw. not a german rank - Hitler was austrian
And Wellington was Irish; does that mean the guys in red at Waterloo weren't British?
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6495|Berlin, Germany
for some probably yes... but Wellington was/is a hero while Hitler was the exact contrary

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard