Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6758
Question's in the title. I'm thinking of unlocking the Voss to field upgrade to these (currently I just field upgrade to voss). I like the normal smoke grenades, but want to know how many you get and if they are any good at finding infantry.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
If you patch up to 1.2 now, you've got all free unlocks and then you can field upgrade to them to try them out

Joys of the 1.2 beta, NS FIELD UPGRADES!
Talon
+341|6758
Try field upgrading on titan.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
Just did, twice!

Easy on 1.2 because the 64 titan man servers only have around 20 people on it.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6434|Brisbane, Australia
yeah i did once.... totally shit.

i wouldnt trade it for my rocket and defib anyday.

you throw it and about 6 seconds later smoke pops out and then a radar.... mind you the radar is worthless.
i tried inside the the titan where there were full of enemies....1 appeared out of around 10.

this is going to be my last unlock to get in NS
Panikfrost
+9|6532
well its still just a beta.give it some time.stop rushing ea or else they'll screw 2142 up like they did bf2
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker

leetkyle wrote:

If you patch up to 1.2 now, you've got all free unlocks and then you can field upgrade to them to try them out

Joys of the 1.2 beta, NS FIELD UPGRADES!
I don't have 1.2 and last night I had all the unlocks.  EA made it Christmas in February!  I love the Pilum and Lambert.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6434|Brisbane, Australia

Panikfrost wrote:

well its still just a beta.give it some time.stop rushing ea or else they'll screw 2142 up like they did bf2
its coming out 1st of march.... i dont think they will be changing it
kptk92
u
+972|6406|tc_london

Machine_Madness wrote:

Panikfrost wrote:

its coming out 1st of march.... i dont think they will be changing it
Well I've got NS pre-ordered on EA Link (w00t!!) but it says the release date is "03/08/2007"
8th March, hmm. But I can download the game on the 1st. Ok, I'm confused ... maybe they release a disc on 8th March?

Anyone ACTUALLY know?!
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6616|InGerLand
anyone going to list these new unlocks and what they do?
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6386|Scotland
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6759|Internet!
kptk92: Perhaps you can preload it on the 1st, and the game is released on the 8th?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker

sfarrar33 wrote:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fu … ?id=114967
Talon
+341|6758
Looks like the only one that's really any use is the infantry sonar. And perhaps the shock absorber boot.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
Are you kidding? I have had so much fun with the Clark 12-rdx. I actually killed 2 guys with it today.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6720|Eastern PA

leetkyle wrote:

Are you kidding? I have had so much fun with the Clark 12-rdx. I actually killed 2 guys with it today.
It's fun, but not terribly useful.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6616|InGerLand

Stingray24 wrote:

sfarrar33 wrote:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fu … ?id=114967
thank you,  have karma
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6671|Houston, Texas

Panikfrost wrote:

they still havent gone through all the beta tester reports from the original 2142 beta.
ZCaliber
+12|6509|Between Canada and Iowa
That Ghost is going to be one sneaky bastard of an unlock.

Recon - Light

Sniper Rifle
Camo (Maybe even with the ugrade)
Ghost
Beacon (Maybe even the 13:37. =P)

Provided you be aware of APMs and be smart... Camp Gibraltar and Berlin might be possible to infiltraite as the PAC men.

I needn't even mention the game changing MMBs.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
The Camo Upgrade is amazing! It lasts a good 3 or 4x longer.
Smoke_Deez
+8|6384
I have not played the beta so I am just throwing out an opinion, but after just reading about those unlocks... I must say I am some what disappointed.  I was expecting some new guns, it looks like there is one (though it looks kinda fun).  Most of the other things look kinda useless, aside form the infantry sonar, and maybe the ghost decoy.  I wish they would have held out longer and given us something more along the lines of a full expansion, like SF.  Oh well, if the disappointments keep coming Quake Wars, or Frontlines Fuel of War may just be the end of the BF days.  I was hoping that the new content in NS would be enough to keep me interested, sounds dull though.  I will still get it no doubt, but it just may not be enough.  There is always BF2 which seems more and more appealing by the day (ashamed to say but I really put it aside since the release of 2142).  I have even been saying I enjoy 2142 better, however I think as the days pass that I will retract such statements, as I now realize and truly believe that BF2 is a superior product.  Sorry for straying off topic, just wanted to chuck in my 2 pesos.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6735

I played the beta for 2 weeks, then got bored and uninstalled it.
Sorry to say, EA made a bad call with this. Some maps are inbalanced, some maps are put together with no soul.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard