fatmarik
+23|6573|Anywhere i am needed
Ok i am not a complete noob when it comes to pc, i recently upgraded to vista ultimate cuz it is kick ass and i have 2gb of ram and when it is idle it is taking up ~750mb ram out of my 2gb, and my problem is that on xp my games used to run butter smoothe and now on vista they are getting a little choppy, i am suspecting that it is the ram (gonna be getting another 2gb) and was wondering if that will that solve the problem? also my second problem is that i have a asus p5nsli mobo and when i installed the sound drivers the sound works fine but my mic isnt working? any help would be appreciated :-)
Madhadda1
+270|6536|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
vista runs games slower sry but i dont know why you would lag with 2 gb of ram.. you might have to upgrade something if your a hard core gamer
chittydog
less busy
+586|6826|Kubra, Damn it!

What kind of processor do you have? Vista's not going to give you any real performance increase unless you have a 64bit processor. If you don't, the extra RAM might help some but probably won't solve the problem.

Not sure what you to tell you about the mic. You should always expect some hardware issues for the first few months after a new OS comes out since the manufacturers haven't had time to really update their drivers yet. Give it a little time and the next set of drivers should take care of it.

p.s. While you're not a complete pc noob, you're at least a partial English noob. Try Spell Check.
Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

That's why I'm not installing Vista until they fix the game errors.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6636
yeah vista is slower for the games, there was like 10 page article written on tomshardware.com. In addition I dont think its your ram, I think its because Vista is made for applications rather then for gaming. Also not all of the software have the latest drivers, so that might come into the conflict. Also if Vista is not reading ur mic its probably because its not recognizing ur driver which you installed for your system.
Madhadda1
+270|6536|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

ryan_14 wrote:

That's why I'm not installing Vista until they fix the game errors.
its not errors vista just takes more to run than xp does. ive had no errors with vista games just run slow but another stick of ram will fix this problem
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6636

chittydog wrote:

What kind of processor do you have? Vista's not going to give you any real performance increase unless you have a 64bit processor. If you don't, the extra RAM might help some but probably won't solve the problem.

Not sure what you to tell you about the mic. You should always expect some hardware issues for the first few months after a new OS comes out since the manufacturers haven't had time to really update their drivers yet. Give it a little time and the next set of drivers should take care of it.

p.s. While you're not a complete pc noob, you're at least a partial English noob. Try Spell Check.
Also 64-bit processor does not improve your quality by that much, while using vista. (it does improve it but not by large significant amount) Read the article on tomshardware.com about it.
fatmarik
ok here are my specs:
processor: intel core2duo e6700 @2.67hz
mobo: asus p5nsli
gfx: nvidia 7900gtx 512mb
soundcard: onboard high defination soundcard
psu: 680watts
ram: 2X 1 gb ddr2 667mhz
operating system: windows vista ultimate 32bit
bootsy
Banned
+9|6278
more ram i would guess, and yes vista is a memory hog, and poor for gaming, plus check in your control panel about your mic, make sure its up not checked for mute
fatmarik
i check the control panel and no it is not checked for mute, i will see if getting more ram will help otherwise back to xp until they make it better :-(
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6780|England
Vista isnt a memory hog, It uses memory more in order to speed up your computer, unlike XP which just leaves most of your memory not being used.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard