Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6470|UK
Being  British

Being  British  is  about  driving  in  a  German  car  to  an  Irish  pub  for
               a  Belgian  beer,  then  travelling  home,  grabbing  an  Indian  curry  or  a
               Turkish  kebab  on  the  way,  to  sit  on  Swedish  furniture  and  watch  American
               shows  on  a  Japanese  TV.

And  the  most  British  thing  of  all?
               Suspicion  of  all  things  foreign!

Only  in  Britain  can  a  pizza  get  to  your  house  faster  than  an
               ambulance.

Only  in  Britain  do  supermarkets  make  sick  people  walk  all  the  way
               to  the  back  of  the  shop  to  get  their  prescriptions  while  healthy  people
               can  buy  cigarettes  at  the  front.

Only  in  Britain  do  people  order  double  cheeseburgers,  large  fries
               and  a  DIET  coke.

Only  in  Britain  do  banks  leave  both  doors  open  and  chain  the  pens
               to  the  counters.

Only  in  Britain  do  we  leave  cars  worth  thousands  of  pounds  on  the
               drive  and  lock  our  junk  and  cheap  lawn  mower  in  the  garage.

Only  in  Britain  do  we  use  answering  machines  to  screen  calls  and
               then  have  call  waiting  so  we  won't  miss  a  call  from  someone  we  didn't  want
               to  talk  to  in  the  first  place.

Only  in  Britain  are  there  disabled  parking  places  in  front  of  a
               skating  rink.

NOT  TO  MENTION..

3  Brits  die  each  year  testing  if  a  9v  battery  works  on  their
               tongue.

142  Brits  were  injured  in  1999  by  not  removing  all  pins  from  new
               shirts.

58  Brits  are  injured  each  year  by  using  sharp  knives  instead  of
               screwdrivers.

31  Brits  have  died  since  1996  by  watering  their  Christmas  tree
               while  the  fairy  lights  were  plugged  in.

19  Brits  have  died  in  the  last  3  years  believing  that  Christmas
               decorations  were  chocolate.

British  Hospitals  reported  4  broken  arms  last  year  after  Xmas
               cracker-pulling  accidents.

18  Brits  had  serious  burns  in  2000  trying  on  a  new  jumper  with  a
               lit  cigarette  in  their  mouth.

A  massive  543  Brits  were  admitted  to  A&E  in  the  last  two  years
               after  trying  to  open  bottles  of  beer  with  their  teeth.

5  Brits  were  injured  last  year  in  accidents  involving
               out-of-control  Scalextric  cars.

and  finally...
               In  2000  eight  Brits  were  admitted  to  hospital  with  fractured
               skulls  incurred  whilst  throwing  up  into  the  toilet.
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6409|Florida, USA
I am proud to be an american, because I know we kicked your ass in the Revolution and kicked your ass harder in 1812. Also saved your ass in WW2 and 1. Now we are scapegoats. I don't care, I am moving to canada.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6688
Wasn't that originally a "only in America" spam?

edit: except maybe the first paragraph... that might be new

Last edited by UON (2007-02-15 14:15:00)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6827

Zero!. wrote:

Being  British

ambulance.
Where do you have to be to get a pizza cooked and delivered in 8 minutes?
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6356|Australia QLD
They have pizza in UK?
Madhadda1
+270|6579|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
a lot of thoughs work for America to and im sure any other country.

btw but quotes and give credit to the creater. i can tell you didnt make it
autopilot
banned
+115|6382

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

They have pizza in UK?
Just got it with radio!
Shadow893
lel
+75|6727|England
Only in Britain will you find diversion signs which just happen to be written in polish deep in the british countryside.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6470|UK

Madhadda1 wrote:

its from my RvS clan website if you want the origional link here it is

Origional

tbh i dont think ne 1 would care as it has nothing to do with bf2 or anyone on this forums
chittydog
less busy
+586|6869|Kubra, Damn it!

Your clan website should post where they got it. That's been floating around as "Only in America" for years now...
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6751|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

Zero!. wrote:

Only  in  Britain  do  people  order  double  cheeseburgers,  large  fries
               and  a  DIET  coke.
No no, that's definately American too.
sithao
+63|6660|Los Angeles, California
Who gives a shit where it originally came from.

*Only  in  Britain  do  banks  leave  both  doors  open  and  chain  the  pens
to  the  counters.

^Thats here to.

Last edited by sithao (2007-02-15 15:00:30)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6869|Kubra, Damn it!

BF2s.com Rules wrote:

20. Plagiarism is not cool. If you find something funny on the vastness of the internets and wish to share it with your fellow bf2s forum goer, GIVE THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR/ARTIST CREDIT! This is a serious offense that will no longer be tolerated.
The site you're enjoying now does.
Madhadda1
+270|6579|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Zero!. wrote:

Madhadda1 wrote:

its from my RvS clan website if you want the origional link here it is

Origional

tbh i dont think ne 1 would care as it has nothing to do with bf2 or anyone on this forums
its a forum rule, so i was just trying to help you out a bit
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6688

sithao wrote:

Who gives a shit where it originally came from.

BF2S Rules wrote:

20. Plagiarism is not cool. If you find something funny on the vastness of the internets and wish to share it with your fellow bf2s forum goer, GIVE THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR/ARTIST CREDIT! This is a serious offense that will no longer be tolerated.
But I don't particularly care, it's not exactly an essay or anything, just a rehashed old spam/chain email.

edit:  Madhadda1 just beat me... damn and chittydog...

Last edited by UON (2007-02-15 15:01:25)

sithao
+63|6660|Los Angeles, California
That just says to give the author credit. Not the website where he got it from.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6665|New Hampshire, USA
Hahahaha thats funny stuff
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6688

aardfrith wrote:

Zero!. wrote:

Being  British

ambulance.
Where do you have to be to get a pizza cooked and delivered in 8 minutes?
Brighton?  Pizza takes about 10-15 minutes to get to me... and nice pizza, pizza express style pizza not dominos style pizza...

We had to call an ambulance a while ago for my wifes nut allegy and that took at least half an hour.  Lucky we had adrenaline in the house...

edit: real pizza takes just over 2 minutes to cook: http://jvpizza.sliceny.com/

Last edited by UON (2007-02-15 15:36:45)

ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6508|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

I am proud to be an american, because I know we kicked your ass in the Revolution and kicked your ass harder in 1812. Also saved your ass in WW2 and 1. Now we are scapegoats. I don't care, I am moving to canada.
haha your so stupid, because...the USA didnt kick the BRITISH ass, you guys lost almost every battle against us, but it was only when your bum-chum friends i.e netherlands, france and spain came to your rescue that you was saved from total defeat. if you dont believe me then go read it up somewhere dude!
the rest well yeah is true apart from ww2, we would have hung on regardless of you guys or not.
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6409|Florida, USA

ELITE-UK wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

haha your so stupid, because...the USA didnt kick the BRITISH ass, you guys lost almost every battle against us, but it was only when your bum-chum friends i.e netherlands, france and spain came to your rescue that you was saved from total defeat. if you dont believe me then go read it up somewhere dude!
the rest well yeah is true apart from ww2, we would have hung on regardless of you guys or not.
Yea, we fucking go through 7 years of history and some of the years is all about the U.S. history. And no only France aided us in the Revolution. You had to hire Hessians and 1812 and it was just us and you. We won I think every battle except one. And may I remind you of the Battle of New Orleans?At the main battle on January 8 the British suffered 2,037 casualties, (291 dead including the three senior generals, 1,262 wounded and 484 captured or missing). The Americans had 13 dead 39 wounded and 19 missing.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Yea, we fucking go through 7 years of history and some of the years is all about the U.S. history. And no only France aided us in the Revolution. You had to hire Hessians and 1812 and it was just us and you. We won I think every battle except one. And may I remind you of the Battle of New Orleans?At the main battle on January 8 the British suffered 2,037 casualties, (291 dead including the three senior generals, 1,262 wounded and 484 captured or missing). The Americans had 13 dead 39 wounded and 19 missing.
so your saying that one battle means kicked british ass? k....

if the french, dutch, and spanish were not there to support you guys, you would have gotten the shit kicked outta you!
dubbs
+105|6666|Lexington, KY

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

The US did not win the War of 1812.  The British raided Washington, DC and burnt the White House.  Also, the Battle of New Orleans is only remembered because it built Americian pride.

Edit:
Look at these fact from Wikipedia to see if you still think that way.

US:
Killed in Action:  2,260
Wounded:          4,505

British
Kill or Wounded:  4,400

The combine total of the British that were killed or wounded, is less the the US's wounded.  To me the British were the ones that were man handling the US.

Last edited by dubbs (2007-02-15 16:19:01)

TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6409|Florida, USA

dubbs wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

The US did not win the War of 1812.  The British raided Washington, DC and burnt the White House.  Also, the Battle of New Orleans is only remembered because it built Americian pride.

Edit:

US:

British

The combine total of the British that were killed or wounded, is less the the US's wounded.  To me the British were the ones that were man handling the US.
The americans also destroyed the british capitol of Canada too. So it was a trade blow. And link please.

And there was no win, the British retreated and the U.S. were still standing. In order to win a war, territory has to be shifted or a conflict resolved. None was gained and the problems still were not solved.

Last edited by TheOneAndOnlyX (2007-02-15 16:22:59)

TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6409|Florida, USA

ELITE-UK wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

so your saying that one battle means kicked british ass? k....

if the french, dutch, and spanish were not there to support you guys, you would have gotten the shit kicked outta you!
The french and dutch and spanish never aided us in the war of 1812 and in the revolution only france aided us.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

dubbs wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Edit:

US:

British

The americans also destroyed the british capitol of Canada too. So it was a trade blow. And link please.

And there was no win, the British retreated and the U.S. were still standing. In order to win a war, territory has to be shifted or a conflict resolved. None was gained and the problems still were not solved.
dude accept it we kicked your ass back then, BRITAIN was the superpower back then, not the USA!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard