tupla_s
+455|6600|Finland
OK, my friend is having a bit irritating problem. When ever he's going to shut his comp down, from the button or from start/shutdown, it only suspends. Only way he can shut it is by switching his PSU off from the back, otherwise it just starts again by moving the mouse or by pressing any key.

So, any ideas how to fix this?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

A virus I guess. Better scan the HDs...

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2007-02-14 11:05:45)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
mpvltr
+4|6693
are u sure you shut it down or do you set it in sleep mode?

Last edited by mpvltr (2007-02-14 11:05:27)

tupla_s
+455|6600|Finland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

A virus I guess. Better scan the CPU...
No it's not a virus, he's friend (from whom he got the comp from) had edited some setting to make it like that, but can't anymore remember what.

mpvltr wrote:

are u sure you shut it down or do you set it in sleep mode?
yeah, I'm sure. It does it even if he shuts it from start/shutdown

Last edited by tupla_s (2007-02-14 11:08:37)

Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6614|Parainen, Finland
I had that problem once!

It was a program that caused it(spyware)... After running a cleaning program everything went back to normal..

It could off corse be some other program too... If I have YnHub for example running the PC will not shut down before I turn the software off manually.

Last edited by Ubersturmbannfuhrer (2007-02-14 11:09:12)

Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6654|Nova Scotia
Sometimes a non-responsive program can do that, but check control panel -> power options -> advanced and make sure it's not set to 'stand by' under power buttons.
Enable Advance Power Management, too, if it isn't.
tupla_s
+455|6600|Finland

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

I had that problem once!

It was a program that caused it(spyware)... After running a cleaning program everything went back to normal..

It could off corse be some other program too... If I have YnHub for example running the PC will not shut down before I turn the software off manually.
Did it go to suspend or just stayed in windows?

Rygar wrote:

Sometimes a non-responsive program can do that, but check control panel -> power options -> advanced and make sure it's not set to 'stand by' under power buttons.
Enable Advance Power Management, too, if it isn't.
Already checked, everything is like they should be

Last edited by tupla_s (2007-02-14 11:12:10)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland
this is happening to me too.. sucks!
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6576|NYC / Hamburg

before you spend too much time trouble shooting i would just reformat. only takes an hour or so (and its a great excuse to upgrade to vista)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6399|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
ring the guy that he got it off and ask him what he edited.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6614|Parainen, Finland

tupla_s wrote:

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

I had that problem once!

Did it go to suspend or just stayed in windows?
It stayed in windows like I hadnĀ“t even touched anything...it just kept running like nothing was done.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK
I had a similar problem with my PC. was a hardware issue cos the PSU was getting a bit old. basically everytime i chose shut down it would just close down. Then 2 seconds later start up again, only way to shut down was to turn off the PSU. Not quite identical to your problem, but maybe...
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6379|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Power Settings?
Start > Control Panel > Performance & Maintence > Power Options
Check the settings from there, I have my power button set to just reboot & that's how I did it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard