SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6645|Hong Kong
psH
Banned
+217|6379|Sydney
Son of a bitch!
EDIT: ZOMG NIGHT MAPS

Last edited by Doms (2007-02-13 21:49:39)

mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6712|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
It looks like it's going to suck to try to take that thing out.
Volatile
+252|6700|Sextupling in Empire

Yeah, saw this on gamespot earlier today. I'm thinking this things gonna be a pain in the ass on servers with less than 30 players.

I foresee a lot of complainin' and bitchin' in the near future.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6716|California

Unbalanced, and woefully useless.

It moves slower than a guy proning
SmilingBuddha
+44|6645|Hong Kong
Here is some news from BF2142Fever.com; Karma would be appreciated.

Kristoffer Bergqvist, producer for Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike, answers two questions about the new IFV Goliath.
1) The second video spot released from Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike shows an assault on the new IFV Goliath. The IFV seems to be able to resist a lot; could you give us some hints on how to take it out?

The Goliath is a beast, and will take a coordinated assault to take out. The key to its survivability is the self repair system, which is powered by six repair cells mounted on the hull of the Goliath. These need to be taken out to reduce its repair ability. Once enough of the repair cells are taken out you have to concentrate your firepower on the Goliath. The trick is to damage it so fast that the repair system can't keep up, so have a couple of squad mates help you out.

2) In what way can the Goliath support infantry?

As an infantryman, having the Goliath next to you will always make you feel a lot safer. First of all it's a solid protection against enemy fire, once things get to hot, jump in the Goliath to catch your breath. It also lays down an incredible amount of covering fire for anyone nearby. Few enemies dare to engage infantry within the Goliath's fighting radius. The Goliath also heals and rearms friendly infantry nearby - you'll never run out of ammo when you're close to this baby.

Last edited by SmilingBuddha (2007-02-13 22:06:54)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6756
Meh, I'll just motion mine the hell out of it.

Bet the Hachi looks crap now, no?
SizzlingMidget
+39|6295|UK
Holy fuck! That thing is beastly, Self-reapair system wtf? talk about unbalanced...
Thoruz
+42|6322|Germany
i think it's going to be much fun trying to destroy it
can't wait to see it ingame
SmilingBuddha
+44|6645|Hong Kong
I also took the liberty of taking a screenshot of the main cannon and here is what I found.

https://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6792/goliathnf0.png

It shoots motion mines!!!

EDIT: For some reason the image isn't showing up on the screenshot, but...it shoots motion mines!!!

Last edited by SmilingBuddha (2007-02-14 05:49:37)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6743|The United Center

SmilingBuddha wrote:

Here is some news from BF2142Fever.com; Karma would be appreciated.

Kristoffer Bergqvist, producer for Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike, answers two questions about the new IFV Goliath.
1) The second video spot released from Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike shows an assault on the new IFV Goliath. The IFV seems to be able to resist a lot; could you give us some hints on how to take it out?

The Goliath is a beast, and will take a coordinated assault to take out. The key to its survivability is the self repair system, which is powered by six repair cells mounted on the hull of the Goliath. These need to be taken out to reduce its repair ability. Once enough of the repair cells are taken out you have to concentrate your firepower on the Goliath. The trick is to damage it so fast that the repair system can't keep up, so have a couple of squad mates help you out.

2) In what way can the Goliath support infantry?

As an infantryman, having the Goliath next to you will always make you feel a lot safer. First of all it's a solid protection against enemy fire, once things get to hot, jump in the Goliath to catch your breath. It also lays down an incredible amount of covering fire for anyone nearby. Few enemies dare to engage infantry within the Goliath's fighting radius. The Goliath also heals and rearms friendly infantry nearby - you'll never run out of ammo when you're close to this baby.
...it self-repairs?  And it heals and rearms people nearby?  So basically, you need two walkers, two tanks, and three guys with Pilums to take it out...?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6689
This thing is hard to destroy, but there are several ways to take it out in one swoop.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6620|Birmingham, UK
Holy Mother Of Pearl!
SmilingBuddha
+44|6645|Hong Kong

Superior Mind wrote:

Everyone, give Smilingbuddha some karma. He deserves it after giving so much information about the Goliath.
You heard what he said! Now get a move on and enlarge my e-penis!

Last edited by SmilingBuddha (2007-02-14 06:02:36)

D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6812|Belgium
Not that hard to take it out if you know how..
The only really sad thing is that everyone will be 'fighting' to get the Golliath first.
I'd say it'll be like the jets/helis in BF2 where almost the entire team plays "whoever gets to the Golliath first wins"
Anywho, the damn thing moves so slow that you can just outrun it if it's coming and you're on your own..

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-02-14 07:09:22)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Remember that when playing supplyline mode, (new conquest mode) you have to take the enemy head-on, which forces the goliath into head-on combat with enemy infantry,,, 20 players could easely take it out i believe,, 5 supports shooting the repairthingys and 2-3 engineers pounding it with rockets and shells, while the rest of the team (mostly voss whores and nub sniper/campers) holding off enemy infantry, should result in a quick destruction....

Anyway how often do you see a full APC anyway ??? only map where you will see a full apc regularly is Berlin,, everywhere else people are doing the solo-thing pretty sad actually because nothing owns in citymaps like a full apc...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

SmilingBuddha wrote:

I also took the liberty of taking a screenshot of the main cannon and here is what I found.

https://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6792/goliathnf0.png

It shoots motion mines!!!

EDIT: For some reason the image isn't showing up on the screenshot, but...it shoots motion mines!!!
You cant take screenshots in WMP.... it has the lovely copy-control

However i do think that everyone who has seen a screenshot/movie with the Goliath has noticed this

But heres a pic for those who have'nt   (for better quality: Right click -> Veiw image/See image (Firefox users only)
https://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/DjurS/BF2142NSpcSCRNwwGOLIATH1.jpg

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-03-01 00:04:31)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard