Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

So I'm sitting here, humbly trying to order Northern Strike while munching on a fine protein bar and drinking some skim milk. Good stuff, that skim milk. Anyways, I put in my Billing information accurately, the credit info down verbatim. Yet I encounter an obstacle no man has faced before from EA: hitting the Continue button causes the page to reload WITH THE EXACT SAME information. Alas, it appears I cannot continue as this button so blatantly lied about. And so, EA doesn't seem to want my money!

Seriously though, how the fuck do I give these pigs $10 so I get Northern Strike? I've never hd a problem with Link or Downloader till now.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6647|Wigan. Manchester. England.
And it begins.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6727|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
And so it came to pass
That EA's shitty programming bit them in the ass.
And the evil company finally fell
As the had so much product but no way to sell.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6636|Quebec city, Canada
lol
Madhadda1
+270|6555|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

mcgid1 wrote:

And so it came to pass
haha very clever
Hurricane
Banned

I feel very very stupid.

I was putting in my card's expiration date incorrectly. It'd be nice if it said "ERROR: INCORRECT DATE".
Madhadda1
+270|6555|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
/close quick before mocking begins!
zeidmaan
+234|6425|Vienna

mcgid1 wrote:

And so it came to pass
Damn I thought here comes dozens of standard post but than !WOOT!
That was so unexpected
+1
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6601|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Will you scrubs stop.  If millions of people pay over 30 bucks a month to play WoW, somehow I don't see 10 dollars hurting you.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6778|Tenn
fer real. quit bitching. either your gonna buy it or your not
Hurricane
Banned

BabySpinach wrote:

Will you scrubs stop.  If millions of people pay over 30 bucks a month to play WoW, somehow I don't see 10 dollars hurting you.
What? I wasn't complaining about the price, I was complaining about what I thought was shoddy programming with EA Link. Turns out it was my own fault, though it'd be nice if EA Link worked like, well, every other website on earth and said what the fuck the problem was.
link52787
+29|6532
eh, I'm not going to buy the booster pack, I learned my lesson from getting Euro Force and Armored Fury.
DaBombadier
+8|6417|Sooooo coooold....Canada....

link52787 wrote:

eh, I'm not going to buy the booster pack, I learned my lesson from getting Euro Force and Armored Fury.
ya me neither cuz the only thing that looks like it's really worth it is the unlocks (well the vehicles too but 2 vehicles are not worth $10, shouldve been added in a patch) which you can already get as field upgrades in vanilla Battlefield 2142
Frotz
+15|6540|Sweden
I have also encountered the problem with the continue button, look at how you're supposed to pay, EA link didn't want to accept my payment information. I went through my information again, then the button worked.

Last edited by Frotz (2007-02-09 17:30:01)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6683|Colorado
2142 = lame , 2142 expansion pack = pointless.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6688|Middle of nowhere

Hurricane wrote:

BabySpinach wrote:

What? I wasn't complaining about the price, I was complaining about what I thought was shoddy programming with EA Link. Turns out it was my own fault, though it'd be nice if EA Link worked like, well, every other website on earth and said what the fuck the problem was.
What?! You do realize that takes extra time and effort, and in the end appeases the customer right?

EA doesn't do such things.  They're agains the whole 'appeasement' thing.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6693|The Lou
Skim Milk is not good stuff, 2% is where its at.
Hurricane
Banned

HURLEY wrote:

I'm too lazy for 2%, the less fat I take in the better
{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg
+10|6846|Arizona

HURLEY wrote:

woot qft!
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6601|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

TrollmeaT wrote:

You = lame. Your post = pointless.

Honestly dude, don't post here.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6478

BabySpinach wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Well what do you expect? He even had troll in his name.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6636|Quebec city, Canada

BabySpinach wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

well, he has the right to hate 2142, as I do.
dawndus
+1|6522
Oddly enough, the exact same thing is happening to me right now, but I know its all in right, because no error message pops up. I put things in wrong to get a error message, but when everything seems OK, nothing happens and the page just gets reloaded, after pressing "continue".

In other words, I can't buy it either.

Last edited by dawndus (2007-02-09 18:08:56)

Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6569

Hurricane wrote:

I feel very very stupid.

I was putting in my card's expiration date incorrectly. It'd be nice if it said "ERROR: INCORRECT DATE".
EA was wrong to assume you had common sense.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

Hurricane wrote:

BabySpinach wrote:

Yup as a computer Scientist im taught that that is shitty programming based on poor analysis. They have to assume there are r tards out there Bad EA Very Bad EA!

Last edited by Vilham (2007-02-10 03:14:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard