SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6645|Hong Kong
I was thinking of the concept of a grenade/bomb that, once detonated, would silently kill all carbon-based life forms, including those inside vehicles, within the radius, meaning that all vehicles or drones would be left alone.

Imagine a packed Titan corridor. All of a sudden an OCBB lands in front of the defenders. The steady whine emitted by the OCBB grows louder and louder until a light blinks and all the infantrymen fall down, dead.

I understand that the OCBB would be whored uncontrollably; to counter this it cannot be resupplied, and has a very small radius. The fact that it only kills carbon-based life forms means that even though the infantry threat has been neutralized, there is still the threat of claymores and sentry drones.

Discuss.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6641|Malibu

SmilingBuddha wrote:

Discuss.
Unless you are actually teaching a class and you KNOW what this shit is, 'Discuss' doesn't sound right.

Squad leader stays back, let one guy constantly suicide for the OCBB thing, end of the story
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6422|Browntown
I'm not going to lie, this is a terrible idea.
motherdear
+25|6648|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
ehhm that thing already exist and was made like 20 years ago by USSR. it's called a neutron bomb and it simply works by emitting a enormous amount of radiation that is capable of killing you in a matter of seconds/minutes, but without destroying any vericles or structures (only temporaryli by a emp effect) and the good thing there is no nuclear fallout whatsoever. secondly there are made of tritium (which has a half-time of 12.5 years) so you can't store it properly without it losing it's attributes.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6387

motherdear wrote:

ehhm that thing already exist and was made like 20 years ago by USSR. it's called a neutron bomb and it simply works by emitting a enormous amount of radiation that is capable of killing you in a matter of seconds/minutes, but without destroying any vericles or structures (only temporaryli by a emp effect) and the good thing there is no nuclear fallout whatsoever. secondly there are made of tritium (which has a half-time of 12.5 years) so you can't store it properly without it losing it's attributes.
Just make that 200 times more powerful, and maybe you have a case for euthanasia.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6498|Houston, TX

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Janysc
+59|6680|Norway

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

kachunkachunk
+8|6386|Ontario
I don't like it, honestly... maybe make it an alternate form of RDX, at most, so Recon units can free up vehicles for their squadmates' use... but even so, I wouldn't like it, and it'd be annoying.

No thanks.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6831|Kubra, Damn it!

How about the Redundantly-Named Repetitively-Titled Explosive Device Explosion Bomb? Anything cellular in nature is going to be organic, and any BOMBardment device is going to be a bomb.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6689
How can they implement a device that kills all carbon based things, they would have to make animations for the plants dying.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-02-05 11:52:23)

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6758|Internet!
Drop one of these on your own titan deck at the start of the round...
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6707|Sweden
This game does not need any new super-weopons it´s pretty balanced as it is no need for such devise.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
So it has a small radius and kills enemy's in a small radius. In titan corridors, i might be wrong, but a grenade normally does the same thing. Plus, it makes walkers a but useless, as they could be dealt with by one of these "anti-life" bombs.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
syntaxmax642
+32|6621|Seattle

SmilingBuddha wrote:

I was thinking of the concept of a grenade/bomb that, once detonated, would silently kill all carbon-based life forms, including those inside vehicles, within the radius, meaning that all vehicles or drones would be left alone.

Imagine a packed Titan corridor. All of a sudden an OCBB lands in front of the defenders. The steady whine emitted by the OCBB grows louder and louder until a light blinks and all the infantrymen fall down, dead.

I understand that the OCBB would be whored uncontrollably; to counter this it cannot be resupplied, and has a very small radius. The fact that it only kills carbon-based life forms means that even though the infantry threat has been neutralized, there is still the threat of claymores and sentry drones.

Discuss.
BAD idea... this is the new form of NADE FEST. Sure you cant re supply them.. so I suicide and come back with some more. NO MORE wacky FUTURE WEAPONS...

Someone please end this thread and give me some Karma...

Also... Yes I am desperate for Karma... Though I am not sure why... I want to be like the cool people with lots of karma.

Last edited by syntaxmax642 (2007-02-05 12:20:14)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum

syntaxmax642 wrote:

SmilingBuddha wrote:

Discuss.
BAD idea... this is the new form of NADE FEST. Sure you cant re supply them.. so I suicide and come back with some more. NO MORE wacky FUTURE WEAPONS...

Someone please end this thread and give me some Karma...

Also... Yes I am desperate for Karma... Though I am not sure why... I want to be like the cool people with lots of karma.
Is it the weekend already?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6645|Hong Kong
=.='
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465

Janysc wrote:

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6474|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Nice Try, but

Janysc wrote:

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Raniak
+8|6405

syntaxmax642 wrote:

NO MORE wacky FUTURE WEAPONS...
Why the hell are you playing BF2142 if you don't want future weapons... hello... 2142, future...

Oh and I thinks the idea of the OCBB is awesome, but maybe make some vehicles resistants to it (Walkers, tanks and Transport Aircraft pilot(not the gunner/passenger, they are sitting in the open.) )
Master*
Banned
+416|6491|United States
Thats what the Northern Strike RDX launcher unlock is for [/violating NDA]
Raniak
+8|6405
I doubt a RDX launcher would kills a vehicle passenger leaving the vehicle intact...
Master*
Banned
+416|6491|United States
im talking about the titan corridors
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6716|California

Such a device is already in production for Military use.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6716|California

jsnipy wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron_bomb
This version is even better. It uses small nanobots to invade the body and dissolve it from inside out, very fast, and very efficiently

Masterstyle wrote:

Thats what the Northern Strike RDX launcher unlock is for [/violating NDA]
Wow, and you still support that game? forshame.

Last edited by stryyker (2007-02-05 17:51:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard