usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6377|Columbus, Ohio

TigerXtrm wrote:

right now there is nothing in your country to be proud off.
Most retarded thing said here in a while.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6378|Netherlands

Maybe, maybe not. But I can't think of anything thats going on right now which would make me proud to be American. But if you do I'd love to hear it.
Anyway, let's not sidetrack this topic to much, I don't feel like having a pro/anti discussion right now anyway.

We were talking about flags...
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6377|Columbus, Ohio

TigerXtrm wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. But I can't think of anything thats going on right now which would make me proud to be American. But if you do I'd love to hear it.
Lets talk about your country.

How is your space program?  Any satellites or planet exploration?

How are you car manufacturers?

Any good airplanes produced?
KtotheIMMY
+513|6773

usmarine2007 wrote:

TigerXtrm wrote:

lol @ our thriving space program today...
and to be honest, european cars are better
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6377|Columbus, Ohio

KtotheIMMY wrote:

Made in the Netherlands?
Volatile
+252|6714|Sextupling in Empire

usmarine2007 wrote:

TigerXtrm wrote:

Ill add pharmaceuticals to that list.
[TFT]Hostage
Never fear, I is here
+11|6564
She has 3 options

1. Deal with it.
2. Move
3. Leave the country

It is our nations flag, there should be a law that no one can request and/or demand it be removed from anywhere.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85
I feel offended that she is in the U.S., and though she is within regulation of who we accept, I wish that she be removed.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6773

usmarine2007 wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

and to be honest, European cars are better
Made in the Netherlands?
The Netherlands is in Europe the last I checked. Thanks.
Edit: there I even made bold where I said, "European" cars

Last edited by KtotheIMMY (2007-02-04 19:40:41)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6377|Columbus, Ohio

KtotheIMMY wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

KtotheIMMY wrote:

Made in the Netherlands?
The Netherlands is in Europe the last I checked. Thanks.
Country not region. kthx

I didn't start this Kim.  He said we shouldn't fly the flag because we have nothing to be proud of in this country.  I feel my response is fair.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-04 19:50:01)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6502|Connecticut

TigerXtrm wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

TigerXtrm wrote:

You know, I'd bitchslap both of them.

The woman protesting being being  a stupid selfish cunt. And the woman having the flag for being overly patriotic. Nothing wrong with standing up for your country and all but right now the things you think you're standing up for no longer exist and people who think they do kinda piss me off with their ignorance.

Another post for which I'm gonna get flamed, oh happy day. *Gets sunblock*

Tiger
How is hanging one Flag on your porch "Overly patriotic" ??? Over patriotic is wearing those stupid fucking pants the karate instructor had on in Napolean Dynamite. Having one flag in your yard or on your porch is not overboard, no matter what country you are from. She has it displayed because of her late husband as well as her son currently serving.
Because having a flag outside your house indicates that you are proud of your country, same goes for her. Only problem is that, like I said, right now there is nothing in your country to be proud off. If she wants to be proud of her husband and son to serve in a military then be my guest, put up a picture of the person in question, not of the country they are serving without even knowing what they are fighting for.

Tiger
And who the fuck are you to tell someone whether they know what they are fighting for or not. You have no right. And there are many reasons to be proud of your nation, by the way.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
+483|6502|Connecticut

Chuckles wrote:

And I'd wager that the lady who's displaying the flag is also probably in breach of the flag code.  That kind of thing really pisses off the boys at my local legion post too.
You have wagered wrong. It is a standard inclement weather flag.
Malloy must go
ScarletPimpFromHell
... this one goes to 11.
+12|6398|Sydney, Australia
Just wait for the TV crew to arrive and start filming. Point and laugh at the woman complaining.

Public humiliation FTW.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas
$100 bucks says the flag is blocking the lady's view or something.  In which case it is within her legal rights to have the flag moved, sized down or removed.

Ohh and BTW, flying an overly large flag in your yard is not the best way to show how "patriotic" you are.  True patriots participate, even if it is something as simple as voting or something as momentous as serving.  Thats a true patriot.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6709|U.S

Aust1mh wrote:

Land of the "Free" baby....

lots of that going around, some ass here in Australia said the Australian flag was a gang sign.

I think it's a patriotic and pride thing.

Get used to more shit like this... things ain't getting any better.
A gang sign austraila was started to keep criminals thought that was little funny no offense though
deeznutz1245
+483|6502|Connecticut

Cougar wrote:

$100 bucks says the flag is blocking the lady's view or something.
I asked that question. It is not blocking anything, they are free standing condos. The woman lives across the street. I want my $100.
Malloy must go
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

I asked that question. It is not blocking anything, they are free standing condos. The woman lives across the street. I want my $100.
Surely there is something more to this....
deeznutz1245
+483|6502|Connecticut

Cougar wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Um...possibly. I mean there might be some sort of neighborlike fued that has been going on, or something along those lines, however, the issue at hand is the Flag. Whatever personal problems they may or may not have are irrelevant, semantical if you will, to the Flag and whether it is offensive.
Malloy must go
{C4C}Phoenix
+8|6374
I say we stone her ass back to the Middle East and let her live with the other "ANIMALS" on the planet!!
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6774

TigerXtrm wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

TigerXtrm wrote:

You know, I'd bitchslap both of them.

The woman protesting being being  a stupid selfish cunt. And the woman having the flag for being overly patriotic. Nothing wrong with standing up for your country and all but right now the things you think you're standing up for no longer exist and people who think they do kinda piss me off with their ignorance.

Another post for which I'm gonna get flamed, oh happy day. *Gets sunblock*

Tiger
How is hanging one Flag on your porch "Overly patriotic" ??? Over patriotic is wearing those stupid fucking pants the karate instructor had on in Napolean Dynamite. Having one flag in your yard or on your porch is not overboard, no matter what country you are from. She has it displayed because of her late husband as well as her son currently serving.
Because having a flag outside your house indicates that you are proud of your country, same goes for her. Only problem is that, like I said, right now there is nothing in your country to be proud off. If she wants to be proud of her husband and son to serve in a military then be my guest, put up a picture of the person in question, not of the country they are serving without even knowing what they are fighting for.

Tiger
There is nothing to be proud of in the United States?  I admit we have a lot of problems in the United States, our murder rate, crime rate for that matter, and other things  So the people that help one another is nothing to be proud of? Our dental hygine?  We provide education to our civilians, something that many countries in this world cannot say.   Researching for cures to diseases and epidemics throughout the world?  That isn't something to be proud of?  Our medical abilities? Our freedoms, something that many people in this world, even in "free" country aren't allowed to have.  I think, no, I know that the United States of America has a lot to be proud of, and while many don't agree with the President's course of action currently there were many that did before and now are just trying to win at politics to get away from their past.   

Do not say that the United States is something to not be proud of until you have lived here, experienced our freedoms, and can do what we can.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6655|Canada

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Homie22 wrote:

lol i agree that shes being dumb wanting flag to be removed but who cares? Just a flag its not like the flag is your religion or anything/
Tell that to someone who has bled for that flag. Someone who has lost a loved one for that flag. Someone who has suffered for that flag. It is "just" a Flag to people who feel their freedom is an entitlement, and are to cowardly to defend it. If you are not prepared to die for your freedom then you do not deserve it.
My thoughts as well.
If they do not have the respect for the men and women who have fought and are still fighting for our freedom, they do not deserve to live there.
Every person who has fought for our freedom deserves to be respected and honoured.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Um...possibly. I mean there might be some sort of neighborlike fued that has been going on, or something along those lines, however, the issue at hand is the Flag. Whatever personal problems they may or may not have are irrelevant, semantical if you will, to the Flag and whether it is offensive.
Probably.
Chuckles
+32|6557

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Chuckles wrote:

And I'd wager that the lady who's displaying the flag is also probably in breach of the flag code.  That kind of thing really pisses off the boys at my local legion post too.
Oh really?  I'd gotten the impression you'd not seen it yet.  Tell me, is it illuminated properly during all hours of darkness?  And did the woman in question observe the recent 30 days of mourning for President Ford's death by displaying the flag at half mast?
{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg
+10|6845|Arizona

Homie22 wrote:

lol i agree that shes being dumb wanting flag to be removed but who cares? Just a flag its not like the flag is your religion or anything/
It's not my religion...but it represents my country. Not the war, not the President, not Congress....My country. Thank you.
13rin
+977|6489

Chuckles wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Chuckles wrote:

Oh really?  I'd gotten the impression you'd not seen it yet.  Tell me, is it illuminated properly during all hours of darkness?  And did the woman in question observe the recent 30 days of mourning for President Ford's death by displaying the flag at half mast?
I bet you don't even own a flag.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard