deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6492|Connecticut
Ok, as many of you know I am a former Marine. I am also in the American Legion Post #40 in East Windsor, CT. Tonight I was attending a super bowl party at the Legion Hall and a petition came across the table. I began to read the petition and almost lost my mind. A woman in town who is a widower, owns a condo and has an American Flag mounted on her porch. Her late husband is a Veteran and her son is currently serving in Iraq so she is especially patriotic. A woman (neighbor) is protesting her having the Flag on display and the Condo Association has told her to remove it. The Condo Association rules state that you are allowed to have flags no larger than a certain size (this one is within regulation) if they do not impose a threat or likewise offend any other Condo owners. This particular woman says she is "offended" and wants it gone. She is refusing to remove it and I dont blame her. Our local news station is supposed to go there this week so when they do I will provide a link if there is one available but I wanted to hear your thoughts on this before hand. My thoughts: Fuck that bitch, hippy fucking dueche bag anti American whore. She feels she is offended that the Flag is there, I would feel equally offended if it wasnt. I do not know the womans ethnicity or political affiliation but I swear to God if she is a fucking Muslim I am going to go apeshit. Discuss.
Malloy must go
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6645|Peoria
...geez, way to open a can of worms....

gg stupid lady, gg
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6576|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Hit her in the face and make her die in a fire....she is douche.
Aust1mh
+23|6567|Sydney, Australia
Land of the "Free" baby....

lots of that going around, some ass here in Australia said the Australian flag was a gang sign.

I think it's a patriotic and pride thing.

Get used to more shit like this... things ain't getting any better.
Chuckles
+32|6547
So you'll "go apeshit" if she is a Muslim, but what about if she's a 50 year old, white, fourth generation American?

Maybe the person was offended by a breach of flag etiquette.

Last edited by Chuckles (2007-02-04 19:01:00)

deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut

Aust1mh wrote:

Land of the "Free" baby....

lots of that going around, some ass here in Australia said the Australian flag was a gang sign.

I think it's a patriotic and pride thing.

Get used to more shit like this... things ain't getting any better.
I absolutely refuse to get used to it. It is people like them who make people like us, me at least, want to take measures into our own hands.
Malloy must go
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6715|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

deeznutz1245 wrote:

My thoughts: Fuck that bitch, hippy fucking dueche bag anti American whore. She feels she is offended that the Flag is there, I would feel equally offended if it wasnt.
You couldn't have put that any better.

Seriously, why is it that in America if you show love of your country and patriotism you suddenly become an object of ridicule.  At my college (yes I know it's college so I should probably expect it), if you say America is good, or anything else along those lines, people will look at you as if you just said that Hitler was the most righteous man of all time.  It has gotten fucking rediculous.
Homie22
+34|6611|Orange County, California
lol i agree that shes being dumb wanting flag to be removed but who cares? Just a flag its not like the flag is your religion or anything/
nlsme
+48|6414|new york
Donald Trump is going through this at his mansion in Florida. His flag is friggin huge, and he is facing a $500/day fine. Woopeefuckingdpp. It's Donald ffs, he just said he will pay the fine.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6645|Peoria
Sigh, this is sorta a double edge sword, while I was raised here and don't like to see stuff like this, I feel that nationalistic pride is evil and any efforts taken to destroy it are a good thing. And yet I like in the most nationalistic nation ever. Go Figure.
deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut

Homie22 wrote:

lol i agree that shes being dumb wanting flag to be removed but who cares? Just a flag its not like the flag is your religion or anything/
Tell that to someone who has bled for that flag. Someone who has lost a loved one for that flag. Someone who has suffered for that flag. It is "just" a Flag to people who feel their freedom is an entitlement, and are to cowardly to defend it. If you are not prepared to die for your freedom then you do not deserve it.
Malloy must go
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6367|Netherlands

You know, I'd bitchslap both of them.

The woman protesting being being  a stupid selfish cunt. And the woman having the flag for being overly patriotic. Nothing wrong with standing up for your country and all but right now the things you think you're standing up for no longer exist and people who think they do kinda piss me off with their ignorance.

Another post for which I'm gonna get flamed, oh happy day. *Gets sunblock*

Tiger
Volatile
+252|6703|Sextupling in Empire

I say hunt her down, knock her out, and then tattoo the flag on her fucking face.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6366|Columbus, Ohio
This is what happens when liberals make rules.
m8v2
Banned
+16|6294
Would any of you be offended if the other lady were to put up a flag from Iran or another middle eastern country?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6366|Columbus, Ohio

m8v2 wrote:

Would any of you be offended if the other lady were to put up a flag from Iran or another middle eastern country?
Ever been to a city before?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6462|Tyne & Wear, England
The below was taken from one of my posts a while back, i think its fairly relevant.

"When the football world cup was on, my stepfather (who is a fire fighter) wasn't even allowed to put up an English flag on the fire station to support our team.  It was said that it "may offend minorities" it seems that we cannot do anything in this country without 'offending minorities'."

This kind of thing is happening everywhere these days.  Its political correctness gone mad.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
My thoughts: Fuck that bitch, hippy fucking dueche bag anti American whore.
Chuckles
+32|6547

usmarine2007 wrote:

This is what happens when liberals make rules.
Ummm....I'd have to say that HOA's (and those who write and enforce their rules) are bastions of conservative, blue haired Republicans.  Gotta keep those property values up, you know!!!
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

No Problem for her ... check out the "Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005" which is now a law:

Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 - States that a condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent an association member from displaying the U.S. flag on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.
States that nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with: (1) federal law or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag; or (2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium, cooperative, or residential real estate management association.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xp … ll=h109-42

US Congress [smite] condo association
deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut

TigerXtrm wrote:

The woman protesting being being  a stupid selfish cunt. And the woman having the flag for being overly patriotic. Nothing wrong with standing up for your country and all but right now the things you think you're standing up for no longer exist and people who think they do kinda piss me off with their ignorance.

Tiger
How is hanging one Flag on your porch "Overly patriotic" ??? Over patriotic is wearing those stupid fucking pants the karate instructor had on in Napolean Dynamite. Having one flag in your yard or on your porch is not overboard, no matter what country you are from. She has it displayed because of her late husband as well as her son currently serving.
Malloy must go
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6623|Cherry Pie
I hate how piece-of-shit people use the law for stupidity.  That lady should have her nipples ripped off.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6366|Columbus, Ohio

OrangeHound wrote:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?tab=summary&bill=h109-42

US Congress [smite] condo association
Someone get that to this lady ASAP.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6367|Netherlands

deeznutz1245 wrote:

TigerXtrm wrote:

Tiger
How is hanging one Flag on your porch "Overly patriotic" ??? Over patriotic is wearing those stupid fucking pants the karate instructor had on in Napolean Dynamite. Having one flag in your yard or on your porch is not overboard, no matter what country you are from. She has it displayed because of her late husband as well as her son currently serving.
Because having a flag outside your house indicates that you are proud of your country, same goes for her. Only problem is that, like I said, right now there is nothing in your country to be proud off. If she wants to be proud of her husband and son to serve in a military then be my guest, put up a picture of the person in question, not of the country they are serving without even knowing what they are fighting for.

Tiger
Chuckles
+32|6547

deeznutz1245 wrote:

....Over patriotic is wearing those stupid fucking pants the karate instructor had on in Napolean Dynamite.....
No, actually that's just a breach of flag etiquette, as I mentioned earlier.  And I'd wager that the lady who's displaying the flag is also probably in breach of the flag code.  That kind of thing really pisses off the boys at my local legion post too.

Last edited by Chuckles (2007-02-04 19:17:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard