slicknic
+145|6628
it amazes me how far the human capabilities can go... and here is some proof

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8808950838074914387&hl=en-GB[/google]
dead_rac00n
+12|6484|DTC
I prefer DeFrag movies, like this one :

That fascinates me.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6849|San Francisco

I used to do quite a lot of trickjumping back in the q3 days. Good times those were.
slicknic
+145|6628
sry bug jumping that you can practice over n over doesnt compare to estimating where someone will be in a good 4 seconds and hitting them with a rocket
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6849|San Francisco

slicknic wrote:

sry bug jumping that you can practice over n over doesnt compare to estimating where someone will be in a good 4 seconds and hitting them with a rocket
You assume I wasn't good at q3 proper as well... Besides, anyone can put together a compilation video of their 'best shots ever' and make it seem like they never miss.

Also, most of trickjumping is all about creativity and creating unique and interesting runs that no one has done before.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic

slicknic wrote:

It's like the difference between snow/skateboarding and Rugby, both require equal amounts of skill just one focuses on being able to anticipate the oppositions actions and how you should react to a given situation.

Where as the other is all about the individual and how they alone perform.
dead_rac00n
+12|6484|DTC
I know that defrag and ffa or ctf is not the same thing, but I think that a player who is good at trickjumping has something more in his bag that the average player who can only bunny hop.

Anyway, the first post was about being amazed by what some people were able to do.
I say I'm amazed by what people have been able to do by exploiting the flaws of the physic engine.
I'm also amazed to see how this has taken the game to a completely different level of play.

Last edited by dead_rac00n (2007-02-04 00:58:33)

_PQWeR_AuRoRa_olly
+22|6512|Surrey, United Kingdom
oh my god... wow. That takes a LOT of practice... wonder what the playing times are like of these people?

Last edited by _PQWeR_AuRoRa_olly (2007-02-04 05:47:24)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

There's nothing amazing about that first video.

• People can compile segments of their wildest, most out-of-the-world kills quite easily, given enough hard drive space. If I had all my ungodly BF2 kill streaks recorded, I could make a movie-long slideshow of ban-worthy rampages.
  • People who've played particular games long enough develop certain instincts about the flow of traffic on any given map, and can kill without a great deal of thought or twitch skill.
  • Videos always look more impressive when time scale is tampered with. Michael Moore knows this well.
_PQWeR_AuRoRa_olly
+22|6512|Surrey, United Kingdom
so what, its still a good video
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
brings back memories.. my first ever fps!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

leetkyle wrote:

brings back memories.. my first ever fps!
You serious? Mine was Quake... You know, just Quake... The original.

Never played online until BF2 though, BF2 was the reason I got broadband... Lol...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
tiptopT
+72|6584|Scotland's Capital
Quake and the add ons still got them somewhere.  Never played Q2 or Q3, just quake and UT!
UUD40
+8|6373|San Diego, CA
^ unnamed has obviously never played quake. =]
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6525|the Netherlands
i Love QIII !! brings me back ...

My buddy KillerBean Pwned me all the time back then >> OWNAGE !! HUMILIATION !! heared it a LOT !!

QIII ! YEAH BABY !!  where were YOU ?? ...
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6717|Germany
I always get eye cancer when I play this game because of the game's speed.
UUD40
+8|6373|San Diego, CA
Q2 is faster. ;-0
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6762|San Antonio, Texas

dead_rac00n wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dykA6b29T0Q

That fascinates me.
So I guess that's the Q3 equivalent to CS surfing...
[FHB]Unit44
+2|6640
Damm I'm old around these parts.....  my first FPS was DOOM on a rockin 386 with 4mb of ram.......  NO CD drive....  yea,,,, back when OS and games were loaded with a 3.5 floppy......  back when it was a pain to build your own PC..........   ;-]
UUD40
+8|6373|San Diego, CA

[FHB]Unit44 wrote:

Damm I'm old around these parts.....  my first FPS was DOOM on a rockin 386 with 4mb of ram.......  NO CD drive....  yea,,,, back when OS and games were loaded with a 3.5 floppy......  back when it was a pain to build your own PC..........   ;-]
My 1st game was Wolf 3d, I played on my fathers 286 (~4mhz) It had a Mips meter on the front, lol.
AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6511|Behind You
I own you all....my first game was Pong.

Nah, just kidding.  That kind of gameplay does amaze me, both the twitch reflexes of that game, AND the prediction of where some one will be.  I never got very good at those games.  That's why I play battlefield.  You don't have to worry about having super fast reflexes when you can count on the hit detection to fail a few times in you're favor.  Anways, good vid.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655

dead_rac00n wrote:

That fascinates me.
incredible. Man why the hell was I playing CS back then

It makes me want to go and hunt down a copy of Quake 3 just to be able to see it myself
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6712|Sweden
Hmm at least now i know what a guy i knew a couple of years ago meant when he said he was gonna practise jumps in Q3 whole evening....
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

It looks like CellFactor.... er kinda

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-21 09:51:26)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

Cell factor, ah yes, the game that looks cool but will fail cause no one is willing to pay $150 for a peice of hardware that is only usefull for said game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard