What do you Recon with?

Park 52 Sniper Rifle18%18% - 20
Morretti SR4 Sniper Rifle13%13% - 15
Zeller-H Advanced Sniper Rifle (because im a nub)15%15% - 17
Lambert Carbine52%52% - 58
Total: 110
Des.Kmal
+917|6619|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I was glancing through my stats and noticed a pin missing, the infiltrator pin. So i decided to get it sniping. The zeller-h is out of the question because i dont have it unlocked, lol, and the park 52 just doesnt feel right.

So the only thing i could do was the morretti sr4, and omg, it owns. I always try for at least one infiltrator pin if im on EU, then i do something useful for my team.

If i had a medpack and shockpaddles with my morretti, i would never use another kit, it is by far my favorite gun, and i will be using recon alot more now.

(side question) does the stabilizer and scope work on the other sniper rifles, not just the zeller?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land
meh

i use both basic sniper rifles, no armor

its so fun to run around popping headshots left and right, and then knifing like 3 people.  Although it is sad i can get like a 6:1 kill death ratio when half my kills are from knifing people
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6407|NSW, Australia

i use moretti if im eu, but if im pack i use zeller and i always use lambert on titan
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
Advanced Sniper Rifle. Who wouldn't use an ADVANCED Sniper Rifle?
Des.Kmal

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

because they have an ounce of skill.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
You get two less bullets per clip.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6407|NSW, Australia

Des.Kmal wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

and only 3 bullets
Des.Kmal

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

and only 3 bullets
lol, 3 kills.

1 shot kill. pisses me off so much.
spray_and_pray
+52|6492|Perth. Western Australia

Des.Kmal wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Zeller is harder to use then any other sniper rifle. 3 bullets only 3 kills before reloading or 1 kill and a damage. Moretti/Park 5 bullets 5 kills or 2 kills and 1 damage. Zeller also has a red scope makes it harder to see and the SR4 is as accurate as the Zeller. With snipers bullets mean everything myself I always go for headshots and nothing less. SR4 is the sniper which is easiest to get a tonne of kills with. I love using it but would consider it the noobiest sniper of them all.
Des.Kmal

spray_and_pray wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Zeller is harder to use then any other sniper rifle. 3 bullets only 3 kills before reloading or 1 kill and a damage. Moretti/Park 5 bullets 5 kills or 2 kills and 1 damage. Zeller also has a red scope makes it harder to see and the SR4 is as accurate as the Zeller. With snipers bullets mean everything myself I always go for headshots and nothing less. SR4 is the sniper which is easiest to get a tonne of kills with. I love using it but would consider it the noobiest sniper of them all.
.... wow.
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
Sometimes I feel like the Park 52 is off at times by a tiny amount, and the Moretti is the bad-ass weapon that has a real kick to it; Park sounds like a peashooter.  Plus, as spray_and_pray pointed out, you'll get more kills per clip with the standard weapons.  I hate the Zeller with a passion, unless I'm blowing mines apart, because when you only have three shots per clip, you REALLY have to make your shots count--otherwise, you are truly screwed.
Pfc. Leemus
Ownerer via the strategic use of bullets
+20|6609|N.S.W, Australia
You cant really say what sniper we use most out of park and moretti.
Considiring that it depends what team your on.
As for which one i liek most. I say both park and moretti are thew same for me.. cant stand the zellar, and lambert kicks ass.

Last edited by Pfc. Leemus (2007-02-02 23:48:03)

el capitan
+11|6532

Des.Kmal wrote:

spray_and_pray wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

.... wow.
Ditto.
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6560|AK101 Factory

Des.Kmal wrote:

I was glancing through my stats and noticed a pin missing, the infiltrator pin. So i decided to get it sniping. The zeller-h is out of the question because i dont have it unlocked, lol, and the park 52 just doesnt feel right.

So the only thing i could do was the morretti sr4, and omg, it owns. I always try for at least one infiltrator pin if im on EU, then i do something useful for my team.
Park52 goes "phut" Morretti goes "powwwwwwwww", it is by far my favourite rifle because it feels good and is perfect to use; the park is very... off for some reason imo despite them being essentially the same.

Des.Kmal wrote:

(side question) does the stabilizer and scope work on the other sniper rifles, not just the zeller?
yes
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
God fucking damn it.  Everytime I read a thread about BF2142, it makes me want to play.

Yeah, I could've written an actual response to this thread...but instead, I'm going to play.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6407|NSW, Australia

ThomasMorgan wrote:

God fucking damn it.  Everytime I read a thread about BF2142, it makes me want to play.

Yeah, I could've written an actual response to this thread...but instead, I'm going to play.
yay for that
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

el capitan wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

spray_and_pray wrote:

.... wow.
Ditto.
With spray_and_pray having said about a lengthy potion of explanation of a sniper in a public server, time to explain what snipers usually do in PROFESSIONAL BF2142 matches.

Sniper's role in Pro matches are either to provide a pressure against enemy infantry from long distance (killing a target will not do much since in Pro matches, a critically wounded soldier gets revived unless the ENTIRE squad dies), or to destroy enemy mines from long distance (instead of having an engineer run up there to defuse) for the team so that armor, and infantry can make it safely across to the destination point. The purpose of providing spots is not required as much as public servers since commanders are not IDIOTS who do not know how to spot themselves (OR other effing n00bs complaining about commander spotting enemies).

It is not required for a sniper to go for a HS all the time, since this will reduce the chances of him being able to shoot at a target more frequently. The point of a sniper is the pressure, so instead of taking a lot of time to line up the shot for a sprinting target, it is better to hit him somewhere, and either let your teammate finish him off OR make him hide and heal somewhere. You will rarely get a chance to hit the target twice in a row since players in pro matches will know where you are shooting from, once you let go off of your initial shot and will not advance in open as soon as they are hit. Zeller is the choice in this situation because it is better to do maximum damage (or possibly kill the target if he is already hurt or wearing no armor) before the target is out of your sight or fully recovered.

The mine destruction is only possible by using Zeller (out of the three sniper rifles) so Morsetti and Park becomes useless in this situation.

So, if you are having fun with 5 bullets and don't like Zeller, ok thats fine. But snipers who play in pro will always use Zeller (especially for those who play in CAL, if you know what I mean. lol).

Last edited by StormEye (2007-02-03 08:32:15)

Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6528|London (At Heart)

https://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2265/parkms0.jpg

Park IMO
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
I have only not used the Lambert with recon twice. Both times were before I unlocked it. That is because sniping is boring and it doesn't get nearly as many kills as going 1337 ninja with the Lambert. Everything else>sniping.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
Well, it depends on situation. If sniping, the the PAC rifle. As i go for headshots, the Zeller is a bit pointless, and the scope annoys me. On titan tho, the Lambert is awesome.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Shem
sɥǝɯ

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I have only not used the Lambert with recon twice. Both times were before I unlocked it. That is because sniping is boring and it doesn't get nearly as many kills as going 1337 ninja with the Lambert. Everything else>sniping.
https://img162.imageshack.us/img162/7403/screen0484xa.jpg

I beg to differ.

That's with the morretti exclusively.

Last edited by Shem (2007-02-03 10:08:42)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

Maybe to someone who cant use a sniper rifle, but a good sniper, can get just as many kills as a Lambert wielder
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

fatherted13 wrote:

Maybe to someone who cant use a sniper rifle, but a good sniper, can get just as many kills as a Lambert wielder
A good sniper can get as many kills as an average lambert wielder, ussually less. If you look at the stats snipers have the lowest SPM and KPM, they also get their tags stoled the most.
Shem
sɥǝɯ

fatherted13 wrote:

A good sniper can get as many kills as an average lambert wielder, ussually less. If you look at the stats snipers have the lowest SPM and KPM, they also get their tags stoled the most.
I kill on average with the park sniper 2.736 a minute.

Tell me thats bad, thats a kill almost every 20 seconds
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6741
With what ever gun I want use.

Enough with the 'nub' shit when it comes to using guns, either use it or don't.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard