TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6869|-
Yeah, and trust me, there are plenty of mods in the works that will try to incoporate female models.
Ash_Buckley
+0|6857
Use a joystick, I have been flying sims since the TRS-80 and Chuck Yeagers Advanced Flight Simulator and sticks are far better than any keypad at flying. Don't get too flustered if it seems difficult, the dynamics of BF2's flight model leaves alot to be desired, but considering the logistics of the game, I think they did a most excellent job of adding something for the flight junkies.

With a little practice you'll be landing choppers on the backsides of the cranes in no time. A few tips on the jet, keep your airspeed up, and use your bank to make tighter turns, without flaps it really hurts your turn radius not having that little bit of drag to help swing your ass through that turn a hair tighter than the guy on your 6. Try to maintain your altitude, should you get into a knife fight with another bird it's easier to bleed off the altitude and trade height for speed than to gain altitude and maintain speed. Pay attention to surroundings, other aircraft freind and foe, and ground based obstacles, they hurt and are not your freind. If you get in a really tight pickle, you have a parachute, use it. You may just take something else out with the plane and survive the fight. Practice, there will always be a better pilot than you, always, I constantly face better pilots than me, doesn't mean they fly better, just means they get some type of edge before I do. Attack with the sun at your back, makes you harder to see coming. When strafing, come in hard and fast and leave just as hard and fast as you got there. A few well timed runs, can do alot of damage. If chasing another plane, don't spray and pray, hold your fire until you are sure you will hit the target, you have limited ammo, nothing sucks more than getting a plane only to miss the other guy in a dog fight then have your as handed to you while going to resupply. If your craft has more than one seat, take someone along, four eyes are better than two, if you get someone who knows what they are doing in the gunners seat it makes all the difference in the world, he can spot. Use the other guys contrails to follow him, though a bit tricky at first by reading the contrails you will know at what angle of attack he has taken and in what direction and how steep of a turn he is trying to make to evade you.

Hope this helps, and I hope to see you in the skies.
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6857|Claremont, NC
Thanks alot, I appeciate it very much, I guess I just need more practice, I will save this ( I get a link to my e-mail) and refer to it when needed.......Thanks again!!

Atomicredhead
AKA
Laura
BudRell
+2|6859|Home

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Well seeing as how the games' target audience was mostly men...
DISAGREED ! Strongly ! Lol...not MEN....mostly for BOYS ! (or male...)
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6865|Bryan/College Station, TX
I recommend this joystick for flying.

Saitek CYBORGEVO Joystick (wired) - Retail $33.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826102503

Saitek PS30 JOYSTICK (wireless) - Retail  $45.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826102509

You can probably find this in other places to buy of course.

I myself have been practicing for many many hours now on Helicopters and Jets. I am slowly getting better and will one day feel good enough with them to be actually effective in the field for a long period of time. PRACTICE is all you can do.

Cheers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6851|USA! USA! USA!

atomicredhead wrote:

Is it because I am a chick?
Duh!!!  Thats why there aren't any chicks programmed into the game!!!  Man...  Girls are so dumb!  OK, just kidding, my gf has a degree in ChemE (and if you know what that is, your a nerd) and is hella smarter than this GI.  I think they were just too lazy to program the models and/or a menu to decide if you are(n't) shown as one.  Good to see that this game isn't a complete sausage fest though...
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6857|Claremont, NC
sasuage fest.......lol:D
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6869|San Francisco

kilroy0097 wrote:

I recommend this joystick for flying.

Saitek CYBORGEVO Joystick (wired) - Retail $33.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826102503

Saitek PS30 JOYSTICK (wireless) - Retail  $45.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826102509

You can probably find this in other places to buy of course.

I myself have been practicing for many many hours now on Helicopters and Jets. I am slowly getting better and will one day feel good enough with them to be actually effective in the field for a long period of time. PRACTICE is all you can do.

Cheers.
Eww, I bought the Cyborg Evo as my first joystick when I purchesed bf2... I could not stand the little spring method they came up with to return the joystick to center. It does not apply even resistance when moving the joystick out and back to center, just kinda flops back to center and then the spring catches up late. Everything else about the joystick I liked, the handle was nifty and the customizable button location was nice as well and I LOVED the hefty throttle, too bad about the movement though...

Ended up getting the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro (the one chuy posted the image of on the last page) as it is made with the typical bands for smooth and even resistance while flying.

Also, if you want some very comprehensive tips and manuvers for airplane flying in bf2 check out http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle … 1#19137703 very well written, taught me a lot of things and made me a better pilot almost immediately.
Ash_Buckley
+0|6857

atomicredhead wrote:

Why can'y I fly?

Is it because I am a chick?

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!!
Hmm how can I answer this, Emila Airheardt, and in World War 2 let's not forget the W.A.S.P. group. For those who never heard of the W.A.S.P.'s a quick google search should enlighten you. They were the first all womens combat fighter group, though I don't believe they saw much combat. I also know several female commercial airline pilots, not co-pilots, PILOTS. To further answer your question, women are generally better at piloting than men, they tend to have more attention to detail and aren't as heavy handed with the flight yoke.
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6857|Claremont, NC
thanks to everyone who replied back, I appreciate all the help!
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6851|USA! USA! USA!

Ash_Buckley wrote:

... Emila Airheardt ...
What happened to her again?  I seem to forget...  (Maybe not the best example...)  There are plenty of female pilots today though!  Civilian and military!  So good luck to you Red!
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6869|-

BudRell wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Well seeing as how the games' target audience was mostly men...
DISAGREED ! Strongly ! Lol...not MEN....mostly for BOYS ! (or male...)
Same difference. Both have penises.
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6857|Claremont, NC
lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am suprised......this is a sasuage fest...maybe I need a new hoobie.....
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6869|-
What, you don't like sausage?

I know plenty of girls that play.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6869|"Frisco"

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Lucky you. :p
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6869|-

chuyskywalker wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Lucky you. :p
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6857|Claremont, NC
if you know of some many girls, why have i only met one??

maybe i should start an all female clan or something......
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6860|Munich, Germany

Krauser98 wrote:

Ash_Buckley wrote:

... Emila Airheardt ...
What happened to her again?  I seem to forget...  (Maybe not the best example...)  There are plenty of female pilots today though!  Civilian and military!  So good luck to you Red!
as far as i know she flew from the US to europe over the atlantik and then tried to make it bck but got lost, but not sure she could alo gone lost on another route (damn brain is out of RAM )
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6869|"Frisco"

atomicredhead wrote:

maybe i should start an all female clan or something......
There are a few out there already, actually. Usually pretty popular too
CaffeineJunkie
+0|6858|CT, USA
Wow.. this is pretty pathetic...

Please someone tell me we arn't crouding around one post because she said she was a girl.  This reminds me of this comic made by Scott Ramsoomair (love the guy): http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=155  Specificially the last panel of the comic.
atomicredhead
Sausage Fest!!!!
+3|6857|Claremont, NC
no...dear, I am trying to get help flying, and I said it is because I am a girl, they are just joking around
NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6869|Germany
Oh... if only someone told me that before!
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6869|-

atomicredhead wrote:

no...dear, I am trying to get help flying, and I said it is because I am a girl, they are just joking around
Do you like your new custom title?
CaffeineJunkie
+0|6858|CT, USA

atomicredhead wrote:

And this is exactly why this one topic is being horded... because stupid 12 year old boys get their pecker wet when they hear a girl plays computer games... it's a dangerous thing.  For all you know, I could be a girl.  But I like to keep that a secret because they you are going to get people saying "OMG A GRL!!  LOL NO WY!" or "LETS CYBR" as Scott "the man" said.

Especially if you say "dear, " you are going to get some adverse reactions... you could be a 55 uncle for all we know.    Or maybe quite hidious and using the fact that you are a girl gamer to get lots of people to like you over the internet to boost your self-esteem.  WHO KNOWS?

It's just my suggestion to keep a certain level of respect and anonymity when posting on the internet.

Last edited by CaffeineJunkie (2005-08-19 09:58:59)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6869|-
Why are you analyzing peoples posts? That's as bad as saying "OMG A GRL!!  LOL NO WY!" or "LETS CYBR"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard