paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6710
Of late I have been coming into this section and to be honest its turned into one big argument.

Be it.......

American bashing

Europe bashing

Republican vs Democrat

Islam

Immigration

Iraq

Etc.................................

Where the Debate gone?

Its all my dads bigger than your dad but with country's.

Personal Attacks.

Stupid comments.

Look I admit Ive added to it. So sorry on my part in what the forum has become.

Lets all try to get back to what it was before a Debate section.

Be open to other peoples reasons and points of view, don't just dismiss it with a silly comment or attack.

Remember its the Internet people get heated over daft reasons and in the end whats said on here means nothing.

Please Discuss on how you think this section has been of late.
Chuckles
+32|6518
I think that for quite some time now it's been a lot of arguing just for the sake of arguing.  People seem to rush to jump on the newest "news event", no matter how insignificant,  take some position that will get a good flame war going and rush off to their favorite VIDEO GAME SITE to create a thread.  If there was some awards system for creating pointless, redundant threads we'd have some four star generals around here.  It's like a haven for high school debate teamers trying to relive their "glory days" and it's gotten to be really quite sad.

I get that it's "debate and Serious talk", but people, it's a VIDEO GAME SITE.  This site was originally designed to give people a place to look up their stats, and I'd wager that that is the reason that most people still come.  BF2S is not the cultural war zone where all the issues of the day will be decided.   No one cares.  I'd wager that the ratio of vitriol spewed to minds changed based on what someone read in these forums is probably not very good.  So people, think about that.  You don't have to start an argument about every little thing that makes the news.  And just because you feel strongly about something doesn't mean anybody else cares, and it doesn't mean that anybody else who doesn't feel the same way you feel is a lesser person.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

paranoid101 wrote:

Of late I have been coming into this section and to be honest its turned into one big argument.
No it hasn't.

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Debate = arguing for the sake of arguing.   I enjoy discussing the issues of the day, even if I get flamed.  And it's fun to get a lively discussion going.  Sure, this is a gaming site, but the forums are a place for the community to discuss various different subjects.  My take - if you don't like debate/flaming/discussion/silly comments then don't read D&ST then stick to the BF2 and 2142 area.  No one is forced to read the topics here.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6762
Some people just can't read a comment and think rationally about it.  Everything's emotional.

Some people can't take criticism about their nation.  They have to defend it, no matter what wrong its done.

Some people like to hear what other people think.  Some are open to their views being challenged.

Some people think there are other groups of people.

I would like to think I'm in the third group.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

You know it can be depressing at times talking about the end of the world and who hates who. Never forget this is nothing but a group of fellas who are in a gaming forum changing the world one "smile face", "block quote" at a time. Remember we must have all agreed on something to meet here at bf2s.com.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

I honestly think it's a lot better than it used to be. And anyway, this is D&ST, arguing and flaming is what we do best!
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6601|USA
we need sticky s for bash America, bash bush, bash Islam, bash EU, etc to clean up D&ST threads
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6625|United States of America

Bertster7 wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

No it hasn't.

An argument is not just the automatic ney saying of another person's point.

Listen, I came here for a good argument.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6624|Teesside, UK
I think it's mostly become Blame and Serious Talk.  It feels like no ones allowed to have an opinion because so many years ago before they were born the country they live in did something that means they have no right to comment or give advice on whats happening today.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-02-02 09:58:55)

too_money2007
+145|6278|Keller, Tx
Kukuclan and servergier or whatever his name is are the problems here. Though Serv says he doesn't bash America, all he does is start threads that draw in all the bashing. His threads should be locked and he shouldn't be allowed to post in the D&ST section anymore.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
I disagree!

Oh, I guess this qualifies as "Stupid Comment".
Well I guess there is nothing to be done against it.
You have grown-up, sophisticated and mature people and the.. well.. the people with a smaller vocabulary.
I believe I'm somewhere in the middle .;
thanks for reading!
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio
Where is all the Europe Bashing?
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6710

too_money2007 wrote:

Kukuclan and servergier or whatever his name is are the problems here. Though Serv says he doesn't bash America, all he does is start threads that draw in all the bashing. His threads should be locked and he shouldn't be allowed to post in the D&ST section anymore.
Look no offense but my post isnt about laying blame at peoples feet, its about getting back to debating but being grown up about it.
too_money2007
+145|6278|Keller, Tx

paranoid101 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

Look no offense but my post isnt about laying blame at peoples feet, its about getting back to debating but being grown up about it.
I know yours isn't, mine is. We can back track and find every single poster that simply posts stuff to incite anger towards America. That's too easy. I really dislike Serv. He says he doesn't bash America, ever, but that's all he does (sometimes indirectly).

Take the "Did the US have to drop the a-bomb thread", seems like a simple question, but it has an underlying meaning. He wants people to say no, we shouldn't have and he wants everyone to say we're murderers and terrorists, etc etc. I've read it time and time again.

Don't even get me started on that Kukuclan guy with his glorifying of those terrorist snipers. It'd be one thing if they were soldiers, but no, they're scum. This guy idolizes scum.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

usmarine2007 wrote:

topal63
. . .
+533|6688

too_money2007 wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

I know yours isn't, mine is. We can back track and find every single poster that simply posts stuff to incite anger towards America. That's too easy. I really dislike Serv. He says he doesn't bash America, ever, but that's all he does (sometimes indirectly).

Take the "Did the US have to drop the a-bomb thread", seems like a simple question, but it has an underlying meaning. He wants people to say no, we shouldn't have and he wants everyone to say we're murderers and terrorists, etc etc. I've read it time and time again.

Don't even get me started on that Kukuclan guy with his glorifying of those terrorist snipers. It'd be one thing if they were soldiers, but no, they're scum. This guy idolizes scum.
Both of those concepts are legit and acceptable topics for discussion.

I am American, it doesn't (they don't) bother me in the least. America is untarnished... someone might be burning a picture of Bush in effigy somewhere in the world - right now - so what - America is untarnished... perceived US-bashing happens = so what... a real US verbal-bashing happens = so what.

1.) The NECESSITY of dropping the Atomic Bomb is something that is debated in many circles - why not here?

2.) A sniper, group of snipers, mercenary, killing an American soldier does not make a soldier a terrorist. And that is a topic worthy of debate - whether or not you like how it was presented or phrased; is of no consequence.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-02-02 10:29:32)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA
Its going down hill because everyone has an opinion but don't know what the fuct thier talking about.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Its going down hill because everyone has an opinion but don't know what the fuct thier talking about.
too_money2007
+145|6278|Keller, Tx

topal63 wrote:

I am American, it doesn't (they don't) bother me in the least. America is untarnished... someone might be burning a picture of Bush in effigy somewhere in the world - right now - so what - America is untarnished... perceived US-bashing happens = so what... a real US verbal-bashing happens = so what.

1.) The NECESSITY of dropping the Atomic Bomb is something that is debated in many circles - why not here?

2.) A sniper, group of snipers, mercenary, killing an American soldier does not make a soldier a terrorist. And that is topic of debate - whether or not you like how it was presented or phrased; is of no consequence.
1. Because I said so.

2. The guy is glorifying people who video tape the murders of soldiers, then put it out everywhere as a propaganda tool to incite violence against our troops. Maybe that's his job, but Kuku doesn't need to come to a gamers forum and show is dissent towards Americans and puke out his garbage on everyone here. Again, he was glorifying scum, simple as that.

It's funny that on bf2s, you can't say anything rude about anyone or argue with a mod without being banned, but you can come and post the most insensitive info and get away with it.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6726|United States of America

Parker wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

And on that note: This section has been dead for a long time, notice I haven't been on it in a while.
topal63
. . .
+533|6688

too_money2007 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

2.) A sniper, group of snipers, mercenary, killing an American soldier does not make a soldier a terrorist. And that is topic of debate - whether or not you like how it was presented or phrased; is of no consequence.
1. Because I said so.

2. The guy is glorifying people who video tape the murders of soldiers, then put it out everywhere as a propaganda tool to incite violence against our troops. Maybe that's his job, but Kuku doesn't need to come to a gamers forum and show is dissent towards Americans and puke out his garbage on everyone here. Again, he was glorifying scum, simple as that.

It's funny that on bf2s, you can't say anything rude about anyone or argue with a mod without being banned, but you can come and post the most insensitive info and get away with it.
You've immediately demonstrated your inability to debate, discuss, exchange fact / OP.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

too_money2007 wrote:

It's funny that on bf2s, you can't say anything rude about anyone or argue with a mod without being banned,
There are two guys who can......well now one I guess.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA

Miller wrote:

Parker wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

And on that note: This section has been dead for a long time, notice I haven't been on it in a while.
Didn't notice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard