sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina
If you take some time to read the threads in this section of the forum, you'll notice that there's always a crossfire between the neo-conservative people and the liberal people.  And there's never grey issues, all is white and black.  I found myself in more than an opportunity calling someone fascist, just because his point of view was different than mine.  And almost all in here are doing the same thing.  When you don't agree with a neo-con post, you are a terrorist lap dog liberal.  When you don't agree with a liberal, you are a fascist or else.  This might be different.  I think we all should take the things more seriously and stop blaming other people fort thinking in a different way.
That's why I suggest we raise the level here, calling the persons by their nick and not insulting them.  I think everyone in this section are grown up people.  So, let's behave better and the debate will be better as well.
Just a thought, or like they say in America my two cents.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

sergeriver wrote:

If you take some time to read the threads in this section of the forum, you'll notice that there's always a crossfire between the neo-conservative people and the liberal people.  And there's never grey issues, all is white and black.  I found myself in more than an opportunity calling someone fascist, just because his point of view was different than mine.  And almost all in here are doing the same thing.  When you don't agree with a neo-con post, you are a terrorist lap dog liberal.  When you don't agree with a liberal, you are a fascist or else.  This might be different.  I think we all should take the things more seriously and stop blaming other people fort thinking in a different way.
That's why I suggest we raise the level here, calling the persons by their nick and not insulting them.  I think everyone in this section are grown up people.  So, let's behave better and the debate will be better as well.
Agreed. Throwing out stereotype-based jibes when you run into a debating cul-de-sac is not constructive and frankly should not be acceptable. Let's stamp it out.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-29 08:54:39)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ
What you can't take a shot.. You Pinko soft bellied Liberals....

Ok that the first time I think I've ever done anything like that. I could be wrong though, I never resort to name calling that's why I'm excellent debater(you can piss someone off more by making a stronger argument)
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Nobody can really be put into a party and be expected to agree with 100% of their choices.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

sergeriver wrote:

While you were tossing around accusations, you forgot to add "if you agree with a conservative, you're an ignorant oil-guzzling chickenhawk pig," but havern't you already brought something like this here?

https://www.wketchup.com/images/bottles/w_ketchup_14oz.gif
Edited for irrelevant picture.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-08-29 09:03:16)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France
Name calling and swearing has only one impact on me - it just detracts from your point because it makes you look like a looney.

Example:

The fucking name calling and swearing has only one impact on me - it just fucking detracts from your damn point because it makes you look like a fucking Pinko bastard.
P581
Monkey
+44|6470
you are on the Internet, you do realize that right? We barely have a "Grey area" in debates about government by people with college educations and experience with the subject. How do you expect a bunch of people who play a war game to be any better?
cpt.fass1
+329|6697|NJ
What's the internet?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

P581 wrote:

you are on the Internet, you do realize that right? We barely have a "Grey area" in debates about government by people with college educations and experience with the subject. How do you expect a bunch of people who play a war game to be any better?
Hey, I know someone with a CCIE who plays war games. So how does this hobby make people stupid, again?
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6716|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

P581 wrote:

Hey, I know someone with a CCIE who plays war games. So how does this hobby make people stupid, again?
Hell, I have my A+, NET+, Security+, MSCE NT 4.0, MCSE 2K, CISSP, and CCIE. What does that have to do with anything. Want me to tell you.......... NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

SFCCDailey wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

P581 wrote:

Hell, I have my A+, NET+, Security+, MSCE NT 4.0, MCSE 2K, CISSP, and CCIE. What does that have to do with anything. Want me to tell you.......... NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, the x+'s tells me nothing, but the CCIE is one of the more respected certifications in the industry so, if you're telling the truth (even though your signature doesn't display its image), it does say a little something about your brainpower.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-08-29 09:19:33)

SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6716|USA
I would say the CISSP is just as respected in the area of computer security.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
I agree theres alot of flaming in these forums I'm scared to post.
cpt.fass1
+329|6697|NJ
Wow the nerdiest fight ever has just begun. Next stop who's a better caption Piccard or Kirk?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

While you were tossing around accusations, you forgot to add "if you agree with a conservative, you're an ignorant oil-guzzling chickenhawk pig," but havern't you already brought something like this here?

http://www.wketchup.com/images/bottles/ … p_14oz.gif
Edited for irrelevant picture.
I don't see what your point is.  In case you didn't notice I included myself.  That time I felt insulted for being liberal and getting names as terrorist lap dog.  Whatever.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
I've been labeled by popular vote "Warmongering Oil-Guzzling Neo-Con Leader "
Aside from a chuckle, it means nothing to me when I get called names ( discounting being called a racist ) because I just go " well he's an idiot with no deep thoughts, next!"
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6645|Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

I disagree and will fight you to the death!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

P581 wrote:

I've got myself College education, and a postgrade, what has this to do with the raise the debate level thing?
I've been playing for more than 600 hrs BF2, so I'm not qualified for debating about serious stuff?  I've been playing games since I was kid, I don't see how does this affect your opinion.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

SFCCDailey wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

P581 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Well, the x+'s tells me nothing, but the CCIE is one of the more respected certifications in the industry so, if you're telling the truth (even though your signature doesn't display its image), it does say a little something about your brainpower.

SFCCDailey wrote:

I would say the CISSP is just as respected in the area of computer security.
The CISSP, for all its having over a couple-hundred questions, has been criticized for lack of depth and its "choose the best answer" format. The CCIE comes in five flavors, and is considered the most respectable certification in the industry. The others you listed are pretty much resumé eye-candy.

But that aside, why am I detecting bitterness and hostility from you?

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Wow the nerdiest fight ever has just begun. Next stop who's a better caption Piccard or Kirk?
Kirk. As a matter of fact, you've inspired me...stand by for a new thread!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-08-29 09:37:29)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

ATG wrote:

Aside from a chuckle, it means nothing to me when I get called names ( discounting being called a racist ) because I just go " well he's an idiot with no deep thoughts, next!"
Same. I was voted the "Filthy Commy Liberal Tree-Hugging Islamonazi-Appeasing Conspiracy Theorist Leader". They are just words, they mean somewhere between little and nothing.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Ok, but can we fight in dust2?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

Same. I was voted the "Filthy Commy Liberal Tree-Hugging Islamonazi-Appeasing Conspiracy Theorist Leader". They are just words, they mean somewhere between little and nothing.
I agree, they're just words, but they mean also we have to read a lot of blaming , when we could be reading the real important parts of any thread.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

sergeriver wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Ok, but can we fight in dust2?
I'd join, but I'd have to reinstall CS:S first.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-08-29 09:43:39)

EVieira
+105|6479|Lutenblaag, Molvania
We could just ignore those whose arguments are "You make me laugh you liberal" or "You know, Hitler was just like you neo-cons". Once someone tries to comeback with arguments like those, just grin and ignore it and the guy most likely won't post on that topic again.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA
what a bunch of ignorant oil-guzzling chickenhawk pig Filthy Commy fascist Liberal Tree-Hugging Islamonazi-Appeasing Conspiracy Theorist  Pinko soft bellied Liberals and neocons

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard