An Enlarged Liver
+35|6743|Backward Ass Kansas
Q. Will I buy Vista?

A. Absofreakinglutely not.

Last edited by An Enlarged Liver (2007-02-01 16:03:26)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Yep in the future you will have to switch genius. 
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6743|Backward Ass Kansas
A. #2 I will buy a Mac, genius.

Last edited by An Enlarged Liver (2007-02-01 16:04:51)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

There is always one in a crowd...
Homie22
+34|6611|Orange County, California

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

MORON  QUIT LIFE!

mac sucks balls they have like 0 viruses though cause no one uses there sucky ass system. SO what if you can video edit better on mac? On windows u can do everything + vide edit almost like mac  and  Only few thousand people need macs so f000k them

Last edited by Homie22 (2007-02-01 16:09:05)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN

Homie22 wrote:

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

MORON  QUIT LIFE!

mac sucks balls they have like 0 viruses though cause no one uses there sucky ass system. SO what if you can video edit better on mac? On windows u can do everything + vide edit almost like mac  and  Only few thousand people need macs so f000k them
Hey chill don't want a flame war in this thread.  And besides if he switched to mac cause he didn't want vista there goes 90% of the games open to him.(Even if he has bootcamp.)
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

Homie22 wrote:

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

MORON  QUIT LIFE!

Oh lord...

And rabbee or w/e your name is, I am pretty sure your processor is 64 bit. CPU-Z shows it's got EM64T, so it should be good for 64-bit. I'd wait for a second opinion though, since I'm no wiz with Intel processors (the computer I'm planning on getting would be the first Intel system I build, actually).
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

rabee2789b wrote:

YO guys, I have P4 HT 531. Does it support the 64 version?
No.

The only 64-bit P4s are the Extreme Edition (EE) ones.

(I'm not 100% on that, but I'm pretty sure)

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-02-01 16:14:28)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6448

Bertster7 wrote:

rabee2789b wrote:

No.

NO I just checked out, My P4 HT 531 supports the 64bits ... SORRY check it again! xD

Best source ever:  http://cgi.ebay.com/INTEL-P4-HT-531-3GH … dZViewItem

XD

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-02-01 16:15:29)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Well good for but will it be use?  You going to get 64-bit vista or just stay with XP?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6448

I might get the 64bit OEM ultimate one

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-02-01 16:17:52)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6525|South Florida
Haha. I see some people concerned about the money aspect. You know who to PM about that
I've got Vista Ultimate but i've yet to burn the ISO. Im pretty much 50/50 on whether i should do it or not.

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-02-01 16:17:48)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

rabee2789b wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

rabee2789b wrote:

No.

NO I just checked out, My P4 HT 531 supports the 64bits ... SORRY check it again! xD

Best source ever:  http://cgi.ebay.com/INTEL-P4-HT-531-3GH … dZViewItem

XD
Yup, you're right. Just checked. I thought EEs were newer than Prescotts, but they're not.

The EE was just the first one.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Haha. I see some people concerned about the money aspect. You know who to PM about that
I've got Vista Ultimate but i've yet to burn the ISO. Im pretty much 50/50 on whether i should do it or not.
As much as I, well, enjoy not paying for stuff... I feel Microsoft will have tricks up its sleeves to combat the high internet seas. I'd rather pay cash and feel confident my stuff won't get blocked, than download it illegally and maybe in 6 months time get slapped in the face with something far more effective than "Genuine Advantage"... loaz.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

You really do want legal OSs, AV software too. The rest, make your own mind up on.

Unless of course I've totally misinterpreted your post and you're not a 12-16 year old kid (as I suspect) and have a MSDN account.
Homie22

Hurricane wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

As much as I, well, enjoy not paying for stuff... I feel Microsoft will have tricks up its sleeves to combat the high internet seas. I'd rather pay cash and feel confident my stuff won't get blocked, than download it illegally and maybe in 6 months time get slapped in the face with something far more effective than "Genuine Advantage"... loaz.
ya i really think its smart to have at least a legit copy of windows and also nonlegit can carry viruses keyloggers etc in them sooo loL!

im probably gonna go get retail copy tonite ;d

Last edited by Homie22 (2007-02-01 16:51:12)

Homie22
billgates on daily show!@!@

part 1/2 ; http://www.ifilm.com/video/2818298

part 2/2 ;   http://www.ifilm.com/video/2818297

Last edited by Homie22 (2007-02-01 17:17:05)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Yea as another poster in another thread said "Hes not very good without a script, but he makes good products."

Me wonders if this will become a stick.

Last edited by Brizzzer (2007-02-01 17:38:56)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

First off thanks for the sticky Ty.

I am myself waiting for all the bugs and drivers to get worked out of the 64 bit version before I move my main machine over. We all know that you can not upgrade from a 32 bit to 64 so why waste my time and money.

Homie22 I posted the entire thing on Google for ease of viewing .

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3225513065326919443&hl=en[/google]
Xbone Stormsurgezz
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6370|Pittsburgh, PA USA

Alienware wrote:

We are experiencing technical difficulties with Microsoft's upgrade portal.  We are diligently working with Microsoft to get the portal up and running.  As soon as the upgrade site is operational, we will notify all eligible customers.
If there ever was a time to use the word "fail" I believe this would be it
They've been saying 24 hours since the release, it's the 2nd now & still no email, although I did get one telling me that that if I wanna buy a new system from them it will have Vista installed.

(sorry, i know that's not really "on-topic" but I had to bitch somewhere )
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Nah your cool man its Vista related.  Its going to be tough for PC manufactures to get copies out within a month of release. Even though they should have been ready before hand. 
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6584|England
Please answer my question

I have 3 PCs running XP (2 Home and 1 Pro)

What do i need to get them on Vista?

Can i buy one retail edition and install it on all or do i need an upgrade version or a 3 pack OEM or what?

*Confused*
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6368|Netherlands

Correct me if I'm wrong, I used to work (and soon will be working again) in a computer store and OEM versions of windows are supposedly not to be sold separate. As far as I'm aware they only come with a new computer you either buy or order to be build at a retail shop.
I mean, not much point to make two versions with a 100 dollar price difference if both are available on the open market.

Tiger
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
You will need to buy three keys or 3 licenses for M$ to get all three machines up and running.  Well if you buy the key its obvious on what to do.  With the licenses however they allow to install in on 3 computers using the same key.  You best bet would to be buy 3 OEM I think.  If anyone has a better idea please share.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

TigerXtrm wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I used to work (and soon will be working again) in a computer store and OEM versions of windows are supposedly not to be sold separate. As far as I'm aware they only come with a new computer you either buy or order to be build at a retail shop.
I mean, not much point to make two versions with a 100 dollar price difference if both are available on the open market.

Tiger
Technically you're right. Luckily that doesn't stop it from happening.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard