TrueMusou1
+2|6313
Hi all, I just registered for BF2S and I just wanted to tell a little story and see if I was in the right or wrong.
So anyway..
I was on sharqi as a Medic at the Surveillance Post,  I see a dead sniper teammate and a enemy in a  vodnik not too far away. I manage to revive him, and hide behind a corner where the Vodnik cant shoot me, but can shoot the sniper. So the sniper dies 3 times while I revive 3 times and he manages to get to the corner where I was, then he has the nerve to shoot me in the head!! Of course I punished him but then right after he kills me he steals my kit and revives me, leaving me as a sniper.
So I figure that he killed me because he was mad at getting "3 deaths" but should I have just left him there if I could safely revive him multiple times?

P.S. - Whats the general attitude of seeing topics like these?
DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6387|QUT, GP.
I thought you were only given a 'death' after the time had expired in which you could be revived. So in other words, you saved him from getting a death point. It is really annoying to be continuously revived and killed though, it's kind of like having someone use you to stat pad.

He should have been grateful to have survived though, since because of you he no longer has to go from a spawn point back to his location.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6865|San Francisco

Agreed, you ultimately saved him any deaths in his score and saved your team the loss of a ticket. Reviving is a good thing, people just gotta get their asses in gear and move as soon as they get revived.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6680|under there hayousaidunderwear
It's annoying to get revived then die again.  Never revive unless there is no enemy's near or you know the guy will jump right up and run to cover.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6695|Middle of nowhere
yeah, it's a good thing

i do hate when someone revives me JUST before i respawn, and then i have another 15 seconds to wait

luckily that doesn't happen much
Lasdferret
+16|6501
Yeah, I'd be pissed too. Dont revive someone if that happens, its pointless. Karkand whores love doing it, and you dont get to respond from a minute or two, its just unfair. I can see where people think they're helping, but its just pointless.
ryanv12
+10|6359|San Francisco, CA, USA
well if you had some grenades, a few of them would've taken care of the vodnik. Remember you have a little time to take out nearby enemies before they die.
DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6387|QUT, GP.

Lasdferret wrote:

Yeah, I'd be pissed too. Dont revive someone if that happens, its pointless. Karkand whores love doing it, and you dont get to respond from a minute or two, its just unfair. I can see where people think they're helping, but its just pointless.
If you get caught in a loop of reviving and dying, sometimes it's best to just press the suicide button.
s()mtingWong
+48|6710
It could be in some ways considered kidnapping, and it will surely piss the fuck out of your teamate. I'll try to kill any enemy thats around the area and/or revive him quickly, if he dies 2x in a row and i cant kill the enemy then ill just leave him be. Your teamate probably shot you in the head because you put a new enemy on his list .
san4
The Mas
+311|6705|NYC, a place to live
I would have given you a couple of commo-rose "Thank You"s for being so persistent and finally getting me back alive. Anyone who saves me from a death gets my appreciation.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6535|USA
never leave a man behind. period.

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2007-01-31 19:39:45)

Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6756
I revive as many times as I can.. If you dont die, then it saves your team a ticket, gets you and the killer more points...
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6638|Gold coast, Aus.
Hm, in revivable range, he shot you in the head, whilst getting fired upon sounds like an accident to me (maybe unscoped accidental click and unfortunately got you in the head) and then he picked your kit up to revive you. Imo you should have forgave.....If he wanted to be a medic he would have chose medic, not tked you to get the kit.

Oh, and you only get a death when you become un revivable. Like, when your 15 seconds is up, or you get hit by an SRAW.
l41e
+677|6665

DK_Vision wrote:

Lasdferret wrote:

If you get caught in a loop of reviving and dying, sometimes it's best to just press the suicide button.
...Yeah. In the split-second between when BF2 does its fancy menu-opening effect, and when it does its fancy menu-closing effect because the medic revived you after about a second of being "critically wounded."
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6563
He wanted the death so badly that he had to give himself -4 to compensate.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6486|The Suburb at Karkand

TrueMusou1 wrote:

Hi all, I just registered for BF2S and I just wanted to tell a little story and see if I was in the right or wrong.
So anyway..
I was on sharqi as a Medic at the Surveillance Post,  I see a dead sniper teammate and a enemy in a  vodnik not too far away. I manage to revive him, and hide behind a corner where the Vodnik cant shoot me, but can shoot the sniper. So the sniper dies 3 times while I revive 3 times and he manages to get to the corner where I was, then he has the nerve to shoot me in the head!! Of course I punished him but then right after he kills me he steals my kit and revives me, leaving me as a sniper.
So I figure that he killed me because he was mad at getting "3 deaths" but should I have just left him there if I could safely revive him multiple times?

P.S. - Whats the general attitude of seeing topics like these?
Well, when there is 6 guys around and and ur medic barely manages to revives u and u get shot right when ur resed its pretty annoying i dont res people when i know me and them are both gonna die right when i do it clear out the area then do it.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6362|Twyford, UK
Because being killed and revived repeatedly is just plain annoying. It's a bit much to teamkill for it, though. Especially since he got out of it after a while.
Mind you, he was a sniper, and that kit tends to attract idiots.

More people need to revive persistently, though. I, for one, appreciate being able to get right back into the fight, even if I die seconds later. My KDR frankly sucks, and every save is appreciated, since I have this unnatural ability to get hit by artillery or air-dropped weapons no matter what.
ecnerwaL[det]
+4|6339
General rule of thumb when reviving: Make sure the coast is clear.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6439|San Antonio, TX
Should have stopped after the second revive.  It's frustrating to not be able to get anything done because you keep getting killed by the same person.

In the future, if it's obvious an enemy is there don't revive unless you can take care of the enemy first.
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6723|Alaska
the most thing that pisses me off, is how you revive someone a lot, then you accidently kill them and they punish you, even though you kept saving his ass over and over, i hate dickheads like that
R0lyP0ly
+161|6671|USA
Shoot first, then revive, and you'll have no complaints.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6345

Ya, a medics job is to look for enemys from other directions then from your men are gettin fired at. Just make a quick turn around left and right, it is always wise to throw a grenade or two in the direction of enemys when you are about to revive a teammate.  It is also a MUST to bind your shock paddles to one of your mouse buttons, and your machine gun to another button. Go from one to the other in a split second.

Everybody MUST know, that you don't lose a ticket when you revive someone, a round can be won just from a lot of meds keeping everybody alive. It is also a great idea to throw your medpacks in the crowd of friendlies as they advance. Put your G36/L85 on single shot and pick off anybody you know you can kill. I guess those are the tips for now. I know most of you already know, but he did mention he just made an account.

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-02-01 02:24:54)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
HerrHeidie(NL)
+0|6679|Rotterdam - Holland
DON'T DO IT AGAIN.....!

He was probably frustatrated because he allready choose a spawnpoint further down the map...I WOULD HAVE TEAMKILLED YOU ASSWELLLL!!!!! right between the eyes!
cospengle
+140|6504|Armidale, NSW, Australia

k30dxedle wrote:

DK_Vision wrote:

Lasdferret wrote:

...Yeah. In the split-second between when BF2 does its fancy menu-opening effect, and when it does its fancy menu-closing effect because the medic revived you after about a second of being "critically wounded."
If the suicide button was available when you're critically wounded, you could just suicide and avoid being revived. Or better still, a "DO NOT REVIVE" button that you can press that stops revives working on you. Maybe something for patch 1.98.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6536|Adelaide, South Australia

HerrHeidie(NL) wrote:

DON'T DO IT AGAIN.....!

He was probably frustatrated because he allready choose a spawnpoint further down the map...I WOULD HAVE TEAMKILLED YOU ASSWELLLL!!!!! right between the eyes!
Either that or he was low on ammo. I don't know how many times I've been revived an an AT guy with no rockets who gets killed 20 secs later anyway, where in those 20 secs i could have respawned with more, and used at least one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard