Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6783|Bulgaria
First of all, I'm not the person who likes to spread rumors! And I don't wanna cause chaos.
But someone else posted this link here:
http://www.ad-clan.nl/index.php?site=ne … mp;lang=uk

So, tell me, what happens? Is this a fact? Or a rumor?
And, why I can't open the damn EA site? I want some official info, but their site's not working! It's ea.com, right?
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6483|Melbourne

Heres a cut from an email i received:

Community Update - 30/01/2007

Attention Soldiers!

Due to the contract with GameSpy ending tonight we are changing the system so that no stats will be received to the statistical servers hosted by the company.  Points will tally at the end of a round but thats as far as it goes.

Thanks for Supporting EA

Many Admins of other servers have also received emails:
yup, they just informed us admins that there will be no more stats for bf2. the reason is that although people are still playing bf2, nobody is buying it anymore which means EA is not really making money off of it.  In fact bf2 is actually bleeding EA of money because of server costs, stats craps and patches so they're naturally trying to get people to start playing other things (like 2142 or their upcoming games).  no more stats means that less and less people will play bf2 and the game will just slowly fade which is fine by them since they've already made their money.  of course the die hards can still play but there will no longer be centralized stats by EA.

I had to check the "Furious Finns" clan email; we rent a ranked server which I'm one of the head admins in... Apparently all stats are going. The login problems are probably due to testing of the disabling of ranks. I see a patch 1.5 coming or at least a clientside tweak that bypasses the "Account server login", with the possibility to continue online gameplay, but unranked.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
*=]AD[=*Sonic_NL
+11|6638
It IS a fact! The admins of BF2S also told it.
And maybe it has also to do with the site.
Spiers.ckz
+10|6525
ill believe it when i see it, i think EA will keep the stats alive. They must be making some nice cash off those ridiculous prices for ranked servers.

so i think its a joke from somewhere.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6459|A W S M F O X
What.

Like seriously.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6420|Canuckistan
Wonder how the commander feature will work now.
R3v4n
+433|6483|Melbourne

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6638|7th level of hell

so, if I dont haves all the unlocks, I can kiss the ones I dont have goodbye??????? fuxin EA
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6542|Doncaster, UK
If it's a joke, it's a joke that both the EU and AU BF2s admins have confirmed as true so everybody's been duped.

If you're that bothered about your BF2 stats I'd go out an buy a preparatory box of kleenex tissues.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6783|Bulgaria

R3v4n wrote:

Attention Soldiers!

nobody is buying it anymore which means EA is not really making money off of it.  In fact bf2 is actually bleeding EA of money
Hey, wait a second! This is wrong - EA get money for all those ranked servers we play on! So they DO make money out of the game.
If they really do this, I will NEVER buy a EA game in my life! ANd probably will never play BF2 again, will go back to Bf1942!! I am so angry at those greedy idiots!
And why the hell is the entire ea.com down????
I still hope the stats will stay

edit - ea.com is now working again.

Last edited by Nikola Bathory (2007-01-30 03:43:07)

AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6459|A W S M F O X
Please say its a joke..............PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6577|Melbourne, Australia.
Lol

So gullible
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6542|Doncaster, UK
EA.com is probably down due to their scheduled maintenance time, and do EA make money from the ranked servers or is it just the server providers who make the cash?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6618|Gold coast, Aus.

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Lol

So gullible
I'm waiting for someone to say "PUNK'D LOAZ"....
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6747
It is all true trust me. read that other forum topic which has been closed and you will learn more.

edit:

those other forums mentioned at the top actually got the storey from bf2s.com earlier when someone was reading the other topic about this situation.

Last edited by theDude5B (2007-01-30 03:49:33)

gene_pool
Banned

Nikola Bathory wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Attention Soldiers!

nobody is buying it anymore which means EA is not really making money off of it.  In fact bf2 is actually bleeding EA of money
Hey, wait a second! This is wrong - EA get money for all those ranked servers we play on! So they DO make money out of the game.
If they really do this, I will NEVER buy a EA game in my life! ANd probably will never play BF2 again, will go back to Bf1942!! I am so angry at those greedy idiots!
And why the hell is the entire ea.com down????
I still hope the stats will stay

edit - ea.com is now working again.
the stats won't go down.

Too many people who think stats = lyfe would stop playing. EA do get money for ranked servers iirc. It won't happen.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6783|Bulgaria
hm, nothing about that here:
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … s/home.jsp
last update is from 2006
R3v4n
+433|6483|Melbourne

Some Stuff from the old thread:

But still, all the debates of "only n00bs use unlocks" aside, anybody buying the game recently is gonna get pretty bored of BF2 quickly with no incentive to remain playing. No ranks, no unlocks, no awards. I'd say yes, it's the end of BF2.

good thing the admins know about this.

Im suprised none of the others have made a thread, or even Chuy.  I hope we havent done wrong by breaking it to you guys.

Mabey its like a  lead up to 1.5 or something  and they were wanting to add more content to bf2, considering only Server Admins have been contacted.

Just wish they had have given me some more details...
gene_pool
Banned

Nikola Bathory wrote:

hm, nothing about that here:
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … s/home.jsp
last update is from 2006
Exactly. EA have never sent me an e-mail with a community update before. Its always on the site....
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6459|A W S M F O X
jlol, love EA.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6564
The day the stats go down, i'll start playing public again.

Good bye retards.
gene_pool
Banned
i lol @ this thread. G'night all, NO ONE SUICIDE CUZ DEY DUN HAVE THERE STATS N STUFF while I'm asleep.
R3v4n
+433|6483|Melbourne

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6577|Melbourne, Australia.
OmG My STAtZoRS whY DOnT I havE AnY STATZoRS ANYMoRE I NEeED My NuMBERS PLLLLLLLLeaaSEEE EAAAAA

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2007-01-30 03:54:30)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

R3v4n wrote:

http://bf2tracker.com/thread.php?threadid=28820
hey thats them linking back to us...
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard