Poll

Do you keep a Gun near you while sleeping?

Yes, loaded, near me.38%38% - 46
Yes, unloaded and locked up near me.8%8% - 10
Yes, loaded, near me, but it's locked up.3%3% - 4
No, other room.7%7% - 9
Other, explain.42%42% - 52
Total: 121
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6589|California U.S.A
This is a poll for all you gun owners out there.

I couldn't imagine trying to go through the whole process of fumbling through the gun safe combination unlocking the ammo box loading said firearm racking a round in the chamber all the while hopeing the armed intruder who just burst through your window will wait for you to do this so you could draw a bead on him and pop some rounds into him.

So I pretty much keep my Sig220r Carry locked, cocked and ready to rock with a round chambered, crimson trace grips and weapon light mounted ready under my pillow. If I have a women overnight(s) I'll move it to the bedside dresser in top drawer.

My Grandfather said it best "What good is an unloaded gun?."

Just wondered if you fellow gun owners keep your firearm of choice ready to go and in easy reach while you sleep, or if you keep it locked up in a safe or gun box?

I would imagine/hope/it's manditory/ those of you with small children would have your gun(s) locked up only understandably.

So all you peace activists/gun haters who choose to try and talk and reason with the armed intruder who has just broken into your bedroom while you are sleeping please, STFU! Thank you . And if you think you can call the police in the time it takes the intruder to reach you in the small area of your room.... ahhh good luck with that.
leesupport
+39|6683
haha youll find out if you break in my house.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6694|The Ville
My dad has a 12 Gauge (spelling ? ) shotgun he keeps in his closet. I have access to it when he is out of town for protection. It is so tempting to take it and start pumping out some shells into some passing cars lol.

Last edited by Obiwan (2007-01-27 01:56:59)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6684|West Yorkshire, U.K
Loaded is different to cocked, loaded is when there a bullets in the mag, cocked is when the bullets in the chamber you should have added that in the poll
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

I don't keep my weapons near me when I sleep, because im kinda young, and they are becoming weapons.

I have however carried a concealed weapon through a subway. Wasnt the best idea, but i pulled it off
CoconutBlitz

Kurazoo wrote:

Loaded is different to cocked, loaded is when there a bullets in the mag, cocked is when the bullets in the chamber you should have added that in the poll
Hmm, yeah I figured as long as you had bullets in the weapon It's good to go in this poll for counting as "Loaded".

As far as "cocked" I almost think sometimes especially with a pump action shotgun that racking the slide is good for effect for the intruder to crap his pants before you shoot him.

The options got minboggling after a while so I put in the "Other".

So loaded, and cocked are the same for this poll thanks.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Being so ready to shoot is one of the reasons the US had over 700 accidental gun deaths last year. You realise you may be one irritated head movement away from giving yourself another mouth Seal?
I applaud the reasons for handgun ownership, I really do, but it seems to me as though people arn't smart enough to be able to protect themselves with a gun. There is no respect to the fact that a handgun is designed to kill people.
I have a .22 rifle - I use it to shoot rabbits and possums mostly. I keep it locked in the attic with the bolt removed with the bullets stored elseware. May seem a bit excessive to some of you guys, (it's required by law by the way,) but there was only one accidental gun death in New Zealand last year - I remember it, some bloke failed to identify his target while out hunting. Thankfully, we seem to know that we're too stupid to protect ourselves with guns.

Since this is in the Junk Drawer I'll say no more lest I spark a debate.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

Ty wrote:

Being so ready to shoot is one of the reasons the US had over 700 accidental gun deaths last year. You realise you may be one irritated head movement away from giving yourself another mouth Seal?
I applaud the reasons for handgun ownership, I really do, but it seems to me as though people arn't smart enough to be able to protect themselves with a gun. There is no respect to the fact that a handgun is designed to kill people.
I have a .22 rifle - I use it to shoot rabbits and possums mostly. I keep it locked in the attic with the bolt removed with the bullets stored elseware. May seem a bit excessive to some of you guys, (it's required by law by the way,) but there was only one accidental gun death in New Zealand last year - I remember it, some bloke failed to identify his target while out hunting. Thankfully, we seem to know that we're too stupid to protect ourselves with guns.

Americans like guns. Hell, our country was founded by fundamental terrorists.

But having a piece under a pillow isnt a great idea, unless you are Jack Bauer
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6478|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Loaded 12 Gauge under the bed, Loaded .45 in the nightstand next to bed.  Nevermind the other guns in the safe in my closet.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

stryyker wrote:

Ty wrote:

nah mes keeps a loaded shotgun under ma pilla, jus case

theres also a loaded rpg next to my inside my fire place

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2007-01-27 03:14:56)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Well you're an Aussie, I don't care if you blow a hole in your head.

Man that was cruel. Even for me.

On a serious note I believe that humanity is too fucking stupid to be able to successfully protect themselves with guns.
And I'm not a pacifist either by the way, I mean I'm a moderator on a fuckin' Battlefield website.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.

Seal 3 wrote:

As far as "cocked" I almost think sometimes especially with a pump action shotgun that racking the slide is good for effect for the intruder to crap his pants before you shoot him.
nothing like hearing the gun get cocked before being shot in the head
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

Ty wrote:

Well you're an Aussie, I don't care if you blow a hole in your head.

Man that was cruel. Even for me.

On a serious note I believe that humanity is too fucking stupid to be able to successfully protect themselves with guns.
And I'm not a pacifist either by the way, I mean I'm a moderator on a fuckin' Battlefield website.
you best gimme karma
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia
Wise words there Ty. I'll build on those...

I shoot occasionally with my Cadet SQN, using .22 rifles. When we are finished, it's bolts out and everything like that. The rifles, bolts and magazines are all stored separate. You have to be safe with these things.

Anyone here familiar with "The Darwin Awards"? There was one particular 'winner' who received an award because he slept with a loaded gun on his bedside table. During the night, someone phoned him. Mistaking his gun for the phone (that was also on the table), he proceeded to put the gun to his head and blow half his head off.

Whoops...

Is crime seriously that bad in America, that you need to sleep with loaded weapons?

Mcminty.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
my duty weapon is on the dresser next to my bed, all the rest of my weapons are in the safe in the basement.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

mcminty wrote:

Wise words there Ty. I'll build on those...

Anyone here familiar with "The Darwin Awards"? There was one particular 'winner' who received an award because he slept with a loaded gun on his bedside table. During the night, someone phoned him. Mistaking his gun for the phone (that was also on the table), he proceeded to put the gun to his head and blow half his head off.

Whoops...

Mcminty.
ouch
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6530|Sydney, in 1978
i sleep with a tommy gun in a violin case under my bed, and a couple of 50 round drums mags on the bedside table....
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Minty when did you get back?
[Blinking eyes thing]
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

:0 your racial ty
mcminty
This morning. The plane landed at 6:02, 2 minutes after the curfew was lifted (no jets allowed in or out of Sydney International between 11pm and 6am). I have not had a proper sleep for nearly 30 hours... fucking overnight flights.

At the moment, I'm messing with some of the pictures I took. I'll post on here in a minute...

McSleepy.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

where did you go?
mcminty
EDIT: Sorry to the OP for the hijacking... lets get back on topic... after this post.

10 days in Paris, then 3 in Tours (south of Paris). I then spent 2 weeks in Morocco followed by 3 days in Singapore (to break up the return journey). I took around 1200-1400 photos... there should be some good ones.

Here is one from Morocco, Marrakesh to be exact:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/mcminty/marrakechmosque.jpg
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

sounds cool
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
I would if i thought someone was after me....

Like if some Mafia hitman was after me i'd keep it under the pillow.

But not from fear of robbers.
CoconutBlitz

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Seal 3 wrote:

nothing like hearing the gun get cocked before being shot in the head
Yup the only other most frighting thing to hear is the call from a girl you haven't seen in 9 months ago and her first words out of her mouth are "Remember me?".

stryyker.[/quote wrote:

Reaction time is the key to winning a confrontation, under the pillow or near or on your nightstand would give you vital seconds in a life death situation. Now if I were really Jack Bauer I would bite the hostile's neck out.

Ty wrote:

I have good weapon training the only other hole I'll be giving out is to the hostile that has entered my space.

Preparedness, intelligence, training, and superior firepower are my survival motto I refuse to go out meek and unarmed due to some stupid thug who has decided to violate my home.

It sounds like New Zealand has some strict gun laws, if that is enough to keep you safe I am happy it works for your country things are a little different here in USA, now it's not bad like Somalia but I like to be in control of my destiny.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard