Commie Killer
+192|6404

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

I am a conservative and 15 years old. I work 16 hour days 6-7 days a week at 5 dollars per hour. I build houses, you cant beat me.

PS, thats when school is out.
I thought that was below minimum wage.
It is, my uncle hires Illegals cause hes gay like that.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6658|Your moms bedroom
84 hours, 12 hr days, 7 days a week
ts-pulsar
+54|6520
Libertarian

55-65 hours a week depending on my work load, not a whole lot to do around here and I enjoy my work, don't work weekends though, usually just put in a 12-14 hour days.

Oh yeah, I do commission work, so no overtime.

Last edited by ts-pulsar (2007-01-27 13:24:58)

herrr_smity
+156|6645|space command ur anus
this week i put in about 60 hours

Last edited by herrr_smity (2007-01-27 15:04:34)

apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6548|The lunar module
About 38 hours per week. Depends, can be less, sometimes (but not often) 45-50 hrs per week. 5 weeks of vacation per year.

The same applies to my wife, except she's got 7 weeks of vacation per year.

I'm a low rung manager in the IT dept. of a Big Corporation, and she's an executive assistant in Another Big Corp.

We get by. We're not rich.

Last edited by apollo_fi (2007-01-27 15:39:06)

Boogeyman81
BOO!!!
+26|6651|Newcastle NSW Australia
40 hours week mon-fri  $24p/hr  process worker for mining supply company
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6774|UK - England

Locoloki wrote:

84 hours, 12 hr days, 7 days a week
wow and you still have time to rak up liek 480+ Hours on bf2 thats like what 2.5 or so hours aday?

Any way 37.5 here in the UK. work from home sometimes on the weekends.
T0rr3nt
+54|6595|Michigan

topal63 wrote:

Well I am a Civil Engineer who own his own business; my wife is a Registered Nurse (we have 2 kids, 17 and 13).

Between 50-60 for me.
40+ for her.

I make more than enough money and could easily exist and maintain my household on 1/4 of my actual earnings; her income is not even necessary. She does it because she likes it - working that is.

But making more than you need - means - that my daughter (17) can go to any college she wishes to attend. And with a 5.0 weighted GPA - she will. And I get to pay... and I am lucky that I can.
im going to school to be a civil engineer, tell me about what you do and what state you might live in. if you dont mind?

5.0 GPA? the highest ive seen was 4.11(with all honor points possible...)

Last edited by T0rr3nt (2007-01-27 15:30:07)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6810

CameronPoe wrote:

37.5 hours a week. 25 annual leave days a year excluding about 10 national holidays. I can work up an additional two days of annual leave on flexi-time if I want. Working for the government FTW!
37.0 hours a week, 30 annual leave days + 10.5 national holidays + privilege days.  Shit pay, though.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6672|United States of America
12.5 hrs a day with 50min commute to and from work for a 14hr. day basically.  I work 4 days one week then 3 days the next week.  When overtime is available I work 6 days one week and 5 days the next week.  I hate my job so much I had to get a dog to take out my frustrations on it, but I am so F N tired when I get home i don't have the energy to kick him so I bought a shock collar so I could do it remotely.

Well at least I can take satifaction in the fact that I am working for F N nothing to make a select few rich guys even richer.  Maybe one day I'll be lucky and they will stop by my house and climb my roof so they can urinate on my head and take a shit down my chimney.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6519|Houston, TX

Major_Spittle wrote:

12.5 hrs a day with 50min commute to and from work for a 14hr. day basically.  I work 4 days one week then 3 days the next week.  When overtime is available I work 6 days one week and 5 days the next week.  I hate my job so much I had to get a dog to take out my frustrations on it, but I am so F N tired when I get home i don't have the energy to kick him so I bought a shock collar so I could do it remotely.

Well at least I can take satifaction in the fact that I am working for F N nothing to make a select few rich guys even richer.  Maybe one day I'll be lucky and they will stop by my house and climb my roof so they can urinate on my head and take a shit down my chimney.
Think it's time to look for a new job maybe?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6481|Tyne & Wear, England
I work 15 hours a week, but im a student so I have it all to come.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6510|Connecticut
about 75 hours a week. I am salary though so it is all for not, fiscally that is. My wife is a nurse and although I make a better base salary than her, when the W2's come in January her overtime kicks my ass. It does take both of us working to survive though. Only one child. He's still expensive though.
Malloy must go
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6430|da ville, va
Weeks vary generally eight hours a day though tonight I did 9.5. Lots of people want Ice Cream on warm days
shazbot101
+1|6721|Massachusetts
during the summer i usually put in 50-60 hours a week, being a camp counselor and opening and closing a restauraunt
deeznutz1245
+483|6510|Connecticut

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

I am a conservative and 15 years old. I work 16 hour days 6-7 days a week at 5 dollars per hour. I build houses, you cant beat me.

PS, thats when school is out.
I thought that was below minimum wage.
Not if its under the table.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
+483|6510|Connecticut

Major_Spittle wrote:

I wish I had a chimney for people to bend biscuits down.
Malloy must go
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6650|Germany
30 hours in school
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6492|Foothills of S. Carolina

50 to 60 hours a week, on call 24/7 once every 3 to 4 weeks. Wife stays at home with the kids, we have 4 of them, 8, 5, 3.5, and 11months. barely keeping afloat, and need every bit of OT to buy groceries.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6547|Global Command

usmarine2007 wrote:

60+
not counting commute times.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6784|UK
In England its pretty harsh. Most business people work 45+ hours a week. Generally the higher you get up the business tree the less you work, like my dad used to work loads now he works when he wants to, which he does a lot but also gets loads of time working abroad and can take as much holiday as he likes. However he still has responsibility so he doesn't just bunk off.

If we are including commuting times its more like 60 hours. My dad has to travel to London and back every day.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-01-28 10:26:33)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6702|West Yorkshire, U.K
25- School Lessons
topal63
. . .
+533|6736

T0rr3nt wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Well I am a Civil Engineer who own his own business; my wife is a Registered Nurse (we have 2 kids, 17 and 13).

Between 50-60 for me.
40+ for her.

I make more than enough money and could easily exist and maintain my household on 1/4 of my actual earnings; her income is not even necessary. She does it because she likes it - working that is.

But making more than you need - means - that my daughter (17) can go to any college she wishes to attend. And with a 5.0 weighted GPA - she will. And I get to pay... and I am lucky that I can.
im going to school to be a civil engineer, tell me about what you do and what state you might live in. if you dont mind?

5.0 GPA? the highest ive seen was 4.11(with all honor points possible...)
I am originally from Chicago, but have lived most of my adult life (after 23 y.o.) in Florida. My firm/business (me + 1 partner) is primarily a land development business. I/we work for most of America's top-builders: Lennar Homes, DR Horton, etc. We are a land planning, civil engineering & land surveying firm.

I was originally a (minor) partner in another firm, based in North Miami. A relationship that ended very badly. That ended 9 years ago - and was the beginning of this company.

And my daughter is not in honors classes - she is in the (IB) International Baccalaureate program. She speaks Japanese fluently and she learned that in IB - it is not something she could have done even in a typical high-school honors program.

As far as what we do (more or less the following):
Prepare/process site plans for the typical Governmental agency review process.
After that receives conditional approval.
Final site plan preparation (the creation of new subdivisions of land).
Platting (fee-simple; surveying; parcel creation)
Water, sewer, paving & drainage force-main calculation & design (plan preparation).
Inspection.
Surveying services (platting, construction layout, mapping).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard