Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker
Currently playing the 1 hour trial and the fun just continues from the original FEAR.  I haven't acquired the new weapons yet, how are they?
Eugefunk84
+48|6540
Fear was fun for a while, especially the time slow down thingy, but the gameplay was sooooooooooo repetitive. The battles were fun, but it was the same thing over and over again.
Stingray24
This is the expansion, though.  Played that yet?
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6409|Alberta, Canada
F.E.A.R. EP is creepier than the original IMO. The assylum part is just so fricking creepy. And after entering  the portal, I was pretty creeped out too.
Wow, 'creep' FTW.
Stingray24
Yes, definitely creepier and they've tweaked the AI even further.  Don't tell too much about the plot, I haven't bought the game, just playing the demo.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6409|Alberta, Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

Yes, definitely creepier and they've tweaked the AI even further.  Don't tell too much about the plot, I haven't bought the game, just playing the demo.
Well, if or when you get the game, remember that while in the assylum part, go through the portal in the wall. Coolest/creepiest game effect I've ever seen.
mattrsch
Yeah, that thing I said
+18|6641|Ames, IA

Eugefunk84 wrote:

Fear was fun for a while, especially the time slow down thingy, but the gameplay was sooooooooooo repetitive. The battles were fun, but it was the same thing over and over again.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

Your question about the new weapons - The Minigun is good, though innaccurate and with quite a bit of recoil so it's not an Armageddon type weapon. You always run out of ammo with it before you find another one - at least most of the time. You'll find larger groups of Replica soldiers in F.E.A.R:EP than in the original, which makes the Minigun handy.
The Laser Carbine I didn't use too much, although it was fairly good - especially for cutting other dude's heads off. I wasn't quite clear how much damage it did, but I s'pose if you could strafe a room of people with it and have them fall apart it wouldn't be bad.
The last new weapon is a deployable turret. You'll generally find these when you have an onslaught of enemies to contend with. If you've played Half-Life 2 it's very similar to the scenes in Nova Prospekt. The F.E.A.R turrets though are more portable than the Half Life ones, (and they don't fall over.)

F.E.A.R: Extraction Point is creepier than First Encounter Assault Recon, the mystery of Jancowski's dissapearance is still rampant and Alma and Fettel arn't the only supernatural beings for you to contend with, (Yep, you havn't heard the last from Paxton Fettel - you probably know that already though.) Honestly I found the familliar scary dudes, (Alma/Fettel,) to be comforting after you contend with the other scary shit, especially after what you see what they can do, (won't say no more, don't want to wreck the surprise.)

F.E.A.R is a really well done horror series - some may not find it scary - I only find it stylishly creepy - but it's easy to appreciate. The only bad part about the expansion is that it asks more questions than it answers. You still don't know what the Hell happened to Jancowski, you don't know what the Hell Alma's plan is, especially after she seems to be helping the point-man at times - it's very confusing, but the storyline is great. Some may find the gameplay a bit repeditive, but it's a cinematic game, the magic is in the story rather than the shooting and whatnot.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6664|South West England
FOund the new weapons in extraction point to be quite interesting albeit done before, but the new weapons arent what make EP any better, the additions and tweaks are, plus the plot thickens
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6537
The laser gun was awesome but there isnt enough ammo for it likewise for the minigun. They are awesome fragging utensils though.
Madhadda1
+270|6551|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
uhh off topic question.. can we expect a fear 3?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475

Madhadda1 wrote:

uhh off topic question.. can we expect a fear 3?
They haven't even came out with a FEAR 2.
Stingray24
I believe EP is leading up perfectly to FEAR 2 from what I've played in the demo so far.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard