TheGreatTykos
+3|6727|Berea, OH
What if you only earned a Gold/Silver/Bronze Star for being 1st/2nd/3nd on the WINNING team?

I think it would place much more emphasis on winning/teamwork than just racking up points...
jools
+-1|6813|a galaxy far, far away....
I really disagree. If a player is so good to outstand even if on losing faction he deserves the medal, and all the more, because it's not his fault if the rest of his faction is made of suckers.
Absinthe
+18|6760
I think it should be the other way mate. The stars will be given to the loosing team.. they after all, stood like sharks and were eating led of the wining team constantly. but thats an interesting thing to think about !
If what you say happens, I bet there will be ppl who bitch and moan of "hey ! I had the highest score, but my team sucked and thus we lost the round. I want my hard-earned gold medal !!" or stuff like that..
SPCcraven
+1|6848
Thats pretty sound reasoning. I like the idea.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6778|NRW,Germany
Now there is one thing that really works in BF2 without any bugs and now people want to change it?
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6728
I think if the efforts their,then your due the medal on either side tbh
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6756
I think it will cause teamswitching alot
Kriznik
+0|6776

TheGreatTykos wrote:

What if you only earned a Gold/Silver/Bronze Star for being 1st/2nd/3nd on the WINNING team?

I think it would place much more emphasis on winning/teamwork than just racking up points...
its totaly nonsense
why you want punish best player on server when he play with noobs? or game is ballanced and team loose only 2-0 or something?
he is best, and do all what he can do, but if team cannot defend or capture flags it isnt his fault!

i had several times best score and teamwork score on whole server and we loose
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6843|Munich, Germany
wouldnt help much imho.

but extra points for the winners, especially the ones in a squad, would promote teamwork and especially the urge to win a round and not only satisfying the own greed.

ps: just had such a round yesterday where i received the gold medal while on the loosing team. and i didnt vehicle or medic whore, ok i was medic but as squadleader, and we were constantly defending flags, taking vital points back and so on. but that all doesnt matter when the rest of the team is snipers or pilots who never saw a flag close during that round
so i think i deserved that medal cause without they would have lost even worse
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6849|Germany / Saxony
Nonsense
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6734|Rochester, NY
Give the stars to the top three players on both sides.

Last edited by BlackLegion42 (2005-11-30 16:01:56)

SMKpaladin
+0|6745|Germany
I'd like to see it like this:

Every best player of each team gets a star, the one with the overall best score the gold, the best player from opposite team (but with less points) gets silver, this way even in a loosing team, where only one guy truly fighted as John Rambo himself gets the award for outstanding everyone else of his team. The third star could be the next best player or the best of the two commanders.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6778|NRW,Germany
Let me remodel my question into a statement:
Never touch a running system!
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6825|Belgium

Tigg@lot wrote:

Now there is one thing that really works in BF2 without any bugs and now people want to change it?
HAHAHA... Now this is the statement of the day! I'll even give you a medal for it.
@ Mort4u, damn what I would give to be in a game like yours...

Cherio,
R

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2005-12-01 11:32:14)

Mr_Spork
+2|6745
I hardly ever get medels,

the tank whores and jet whores and base rapers always snatch them from me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard