blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
TOKYO - A species of shark rarely seen alive because its natural habitat is 2,000 feet or more under the sea was captured on film by staff at a Japanese marine park this week.

Here is the link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16785254/?GT1=8921
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.
I saw this on tele, its wicked.
Madhadda1
+270|6545|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
another link? im not installing a new version of internet explorer or what ever they call it now a days. (opera owns) btw nice find amazing!

EDIT: aww the shark died.....

EDIT#2:

Last edited by Madhadda1 (2007-01-24 16:56:02)

MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6469|The Suburb at Karkand

blademaster wrote:

TOKYO - A species of shark rarely seen alive because its natural habitat is 2,000 feet or more under the sea was captured on film by staff at a Japanese marine park this week.

Here is the link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16785254/?GT1=8921
wow
jamie_v1.1
+35|6502|Leeds, UK
wow thats one ugly looking shark, shame the idiots trying to mess with it and killed it!,
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6560|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
i dont know much about marine life.. but seems to me its swimming looked really awkward and incredibly unhealthy... im guessing that something that normally lives at that depth wouldnt last long on the surface???
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6465|Melbourne - Home of Football
Lol, did the shark die the same way all those whales in the Southern Ocean do? Better check the sushi you're eating, make sure it doesn't have pre-historic shark meat in the middle. Where's Sea Shepard when need them?
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6577|Arlen, Texas
Died from lack of pressure i bet (swim bladder burst or something).
wedge3382
UD-6 Talon Whore
+14|6557|Ellisville, MS
ever notice every off the wall creature the japenese capture always dies shortly after, this one and that gaint squid a couple of weeks back
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6577|Arlen, Texas

wedge3382 wrote:

ever notice every off the wall creature the japenese capture always dies shortly after, this one and that gaint squid a couple of weeks back
From the folks that brought us sushi?
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6560|Canaduhhh.. West Toast

wedge3382 wrote:

they only know how to eat them not take care of them.. dont ask a japanese person to look after your rare fish while away on vacation is the moral of the story i suppose
jimbo21
+11|6652
since they live 2000 feet under and divers cannot go down that far, it would be safe to say something was already wrong with it. but it would also be safe to say knowing the japanese they are eating it now
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645

Madhadda1 wrote:

another link? im not installing a new version of internet explorer or what ever they call it now a days. (opera owns) btw nice find amazing!

EDIT: aww the shark died.....

EDIT#2:
that sucks it died right away maybe it was shocked to see humans the last time it was in such shallow waters dinosaurs roared the earth, but once it saw us it was like WTF and got scared and died.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645

wedge3382 wrote:

lol it probably got scared of them the fish probably though they were gonna eat her sushi style so it decided to die as soon as possible
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6645|Ohio
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! Underwater Hydralisk!!!!!
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! Underwater Hydralisk!!!!!
You better have brought the Pheonix Downs bitch!
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6332
am I the only one that thinks "living fossil" sounds slightly oxymoronic?
Smoke_Deez
+8|6386

ShoopDaWhoop wrote:

am I the only one that thinks "living fossil" sounds slightly oxymoronic?
/agree, although the first picture I saw of it made it look much different than a shark, but the vid does make it actually look like it is a fish.  After the big tsunami there was some pictures floating around of fish washed up from deep waters (although I think they were pictures taken at another time, and not  pictures of fish from the tsunami).  Do a Google for Chimaera fish pup (sorry couldn't get the link to work), they look crazy.

Last edited by Smoke_Deez (2007-01-25 00:07:15)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I've got a picture on my phone that I took of a Tuatara. That's a living fossil, it's considered to be the only remaining Dinosaur.
I saw that Shark on the news. Pretty funky looking - neat though.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

whats a tuatara?

(is it that bird from bro town?)

on topic: that shark looks really akward when it swims.

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2007-01-25 02:08:41)

s()mtingWong
+48|6693
Water covers like 70% of the earth surface so i would imagine there is alot of un-discovered creatures still lurking in the ocean, lakes or river beds.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

s()mtingWong wrote:

Water covers like 70% of the earth surface so i would imagine there is alot of un-discovered creatures still lurking in the ocean, lakes or river beds.
yeah,i dont ever think we will get them all. but i think its good to have some unknowns.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6388|New York
blademaster: doubtful it was shocked to see us humans, as i'm sure it could barely see at all. everything at those depths is pitch black.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6422|San Antonio, TX
Saw a show on the the Discovery Channel "Blue Planet - The Deep", awesome show...

There are some really incredible creatures living down that deep!
weasel_thingo
+74|6326

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

whats a tuatara?

(is it that bird from bro town?)

on topic: that shark looks really akward when it swims.
i think its like a lizard i but im not sure and the bird i think you are talking about is a Moa.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard