Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6656|Norway
Karma for quiting 2142
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6848|Cologne, Germany

I agree that, with little changes to gameplay and graphics, 2142 is essentially a BF2 mod.

Both play the same, basically, but to me, that is actually an advantage. As a result, I can switch between BF2 and BF2142 nearly effortlessly, and perform reasonably well in both games.

I like both games, and I play whatever "version" I feel like playing at that time.

The only problem I am having is that I really do not have the time to play both games. Real Life tends to get in the way....
Toni
+4|6570
I kinda like both so one day it's BF2 Ghost Town mayham and the next day it's 2142 blasta day. I really hate granades in BF2 they do much more damage in 2142 than those firecrackers in BF2.

About 2142 being a mod thing - not true in all the points it is much more improved than BF2 even if it's the same game engine it does not mean it's the same game.

Last edited by Toni (2007-01-25 02:05:26)

Hallvard
+262|6529|North Norway

theDude5B wrote:

YOU CANT HAVE SPACEBAR AS JUMP AND PARACHUTE!
you too? the few times I'be tried playig bf2 this happenes:

*kmjnhb jumps from somewhere really high*
irritating guy: "to pull your parachute ripcoil (or whatever it's called) press your parachute key"
kmjnhb: "I AM PUSHING IT YOU IDIOT!!!!!"
*kmjnhb hits the ground*
kmjnhb: "oh...."

and that irritating guy is one reason why I now hate bf2... I just can't get him to stop :S

@noobest: yea, I know.... I've been MMOified

and why does so many strange random people post in this tread??
autopilot
banned
+115|6355

theDude5B wrote:

BF2 is good, 2142 is slightly more improved than BF2, but they are both fun games.

One problem though that I have going back to BF2 is this.

also BF2 is crap at loading, more ping issues, more lag issues, more server crash issues, and various other things that will just annoy me more now because 2142 is free'er of these bugs.
To be honest my connection is more stable in BF2 than BF2142, shocking.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6757
really? I know I have been having ping issues lately, but they seem to be worse in BF2 than they are in 2142. At least with 2142 I can still play the game and occasionally have a bit of lag, but when I go to play BF2 with De_Jappe et al. I have lag issues constanlty.

strange.
Hallvard
+262|6529|North Norway

yea, bf2 lags a lot more then 2142.. just ask the lag expert! (me)

bf2 even lags in singleplayer

Last edited by kmjnhb (2007-01-25 02:39:24)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6476

theDude5B wrote:

BF2 is good, 2142 is slightly more improved than BF2, but they are both fun games.

also BF2 is crap at loading, more ping issues, more lag issues, more server crash issues, and various other things that will just annoy me more now because 2142 is free'er of these bugs.
Actually you can, just need to type in few commands in the files.

Ok. Here we go.

1. Open BF2 and define secondary button for parachute. (for example Y)

2. Open file "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con" there you should find following lines:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Y 10000 1

3. Then change the other line from Y to Space you can use space to jump and open parachute.

And this is how it should look after changing it. Of course you could just add this line to your Controls.con.
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 10000 1

Last edited by NooBesT[FiN] (2007-01-25 06:02:00)

https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6401|Belgium

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

Actually you can, just need to type in few commands in the files.
that's how I've died alot in BF2. I always forget to hit 9
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6381|Florida, USA
Maybe if you weren't so poor you could have a good computer and enjoy the game with the rest of the forums.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6476

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Maybe if you weren't so poor you could have a good computer and enjoy the game with the rest of the forums.
I can see that you are very very intelligent person. You know where we live and what we do and how rich we are... Scary.

Now hush, go back to your cage. I can't see how this topic is related to you. Why did you even post here? You could just have ignored the whole topic and keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Last edited by NooBesT[FiN] (2007-01-25 06:07:35)

https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6553|Doncaster, UK

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

I can see that you are very very vice person. You know where we live and what we do and how rich we are... Scary.

Now hush, go back to your cage. I can't see how this topic is related to you. Why did you even post here? You could just have ignored the whole topic and keep your stupid comments to yourself.
If he hadn't posted, how would he have got his daily dose of attention?

I have't really tried going back to BF2 yet, I might have to have a go. It'll be interesting to see whether my rather lack lustre performance has improved.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6763|Hell, p.o box 666

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

And you are who again? Oh wait, I remember uR t3h r!ch 1 nd R t3h ub3r r1g uzz0r right?! Kthx4nothingbye
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6739|St. Andrews / Oslo

theDude5B wrote:

You can make the spacebar become jump & parachute...

Damn - I should of read the rest of the thread, shouldn't I?

Last edited by Jenspm (2007-01-25 06:49:22)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard