r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6455

Plz can u help me with finding a new game lol. I am thinking of rainbow six: vegas.

Any suggestion?

+1 if u find a cool MP game.... AGAIN the most important thing is MP mode!!!
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic
For right now, Vegas is good for an FPS, Company of Heroes would be the best bet for an RTS and Oblivion/NeverWinter Nights II for an RPG. As for MMO's there's little recent releases, personally I'd still go with WoW (get yourself a trial account and see if you like it) if like many you have yet to play it and still hate it try Guild Wars which is also fairly good.

However in a month or so the mothership of this years multiplayer FPS gaming will be arrive, if you don't buy this you deserve to be shot.

ET:QW

Release Date:  ~Late February/Early March

The spiritual successor to Wolf:ET (which I suggest playing [it's free]) and the prequel to the Quake series.

It will be a mainly (if not completely) multi-player game with a focus on squad work with the use of support vehicles and deployable objects used towards a team goal (offensive or defensive).

Do a little googling, if this game is as good as it really should be you can think of it as how BF2 should of been.

By that I mean:

Great Engine - Better than BF2 graphics and the recommended specs should be about the same. God hoping there will be few if any bugs and a support team who have their act together

Great Gameplay - Objective based missions with constant campaigns running on servers (difficult to explain) which necessitates squad work and diversity

Decent Ranking/Unlock System - You are awarded points much higher for actions which help your team, not just killing and reviving, for instance you'll get more points for setting up a bridge or deploying radar than you will for killing a single enemy. Unlocks are awarded by your actions in a game/server so when you do well, you are awarded little bonuses. Theses are not carried on if you log out and back in and must be earned again meaning when you join a server you are at an completely equal standing to anyone else

Parts of that are a little presumptive and assumptive as it's been taken from all the interviews I've read
r'Eeee
+311|6455

ty v much, that helped +1
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6657|United States
If you have xbox 360 then i recommend you get gears of war thats one of the best mp game on xbox 360.  I haven't play rainbow six Vegas but i heard that its also great mp game
r'Eeee
+311|6455

Private_Adam wrote:

If you have xbox 360 then i recommend you get gears of war thats one of the best mp game on xbox 360.  I haven't play rainbow six Vegas but i heard that its also great mp game
I don't have 360 ... But yea i think I am going to get vegas!
Entertayner
+826|6577

Vegas is a awesome game but I played about 3 days then got completely bored with it.

Last edited by Entertayner (2007-01-24 06:30:43)

Kanye North
randy
+80|6471
World of Warcraft =]
zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

Towelly wrote:

I agree "Quake Wars:Enemy Territoty" looks like a potential hit but release date is apperently Q2, so it will prbably be mid April, or early May. But it will probably be worth the wait.
r'Eeee
+311|6455

Entertayner wrote:

Vegas is a awesome game but I played about 3 days then got completely bored with it.
from where did u buy it??, I cant find the game cheaper than 20quid anywhere!
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic

zeidmaan wrote:

Towelly wrote:

I agree "Quake Wars:Enemy Territoty"
If you were trying to correct me then I think you need to re-check

looks like a potential hit but release date is apperently Q2, so it will prbably be mid April, or early May. But it will probably be worth the wait.
Although that is a possibility I'm going off this.

The optimist in me wants a late February or early March release, realistically though I should think a very late March is more likely.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6451|The Land of Scott Walker
Get R6: Vegas.  Several of my clan members have it and they love it.  It's on my list, but I'm getting the 2142 expansion when it's released instead.  I still enjoy playing FEAR, so I don't need another singleplayer FPS yet.

Quake Wars is not what BF2 should have been.  Modern combat > fighting aliens anyday.  I'll stick to the battlefield series.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6541|Edmonton Alberta

Stingray24 wrote:

Get R6: Vegas.  Several of my clan members have it and they love it.  It's on my list, but I'm getting the 2142 expansion when it's released instead.  I still enjoy playing FEAR, so I don't need another singleplayer FPS yet.

Quake Wars is not what BF2 should have been.  Modern combat > fighting aliens anyday.  I'll stick to the battlefield series.
u know thats how i thought too

watch the videos on this page  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =123442958
syndicat111
+39|6685|UK

zeidmaan wrote:

Towelly wrote:

I agree "Quake Wars:Enemy Territoty" looks like a potential hit but release date is apperently Q2, so it will prbably be mid April, or early May. But it will probably be worth the wait.
Pre - ordered mine (in UK) comming just before Easter
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6567|Southampton, UK

Kanye North wrote:

World of Warcraft =]
Not funny.
gameaddict
+35|6686|let op drempels
Any news on a demo for ET:QW?
Entertayner
+826|6577

rabee2789b wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

from where did u buy it??, I cant find the game cheaper than 20quid anywhere!
Got it for 30 quid from play.com
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6601|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
Company of Heroes for the fully destructable enviroments and oh so godlike Tiger tanks of WW2.

*spelling edit

Last edited by seymorebutts443 (2007-01-24 12:56:04)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Warhammer 40K: Dark Crusade (and WH40K: Gold Edition if you have neither the original nor the first expansion, to enable all armies in online DC play).

Towelly wrote:

The spiritual successor to Wolf:ET (which I suggest playing [it's free]) and the prequel to the Quake series.
You mean for Quake 2 & 4. Quake 1 didn't have any Strogg.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-24 13:02:35)

Volatile
+252|6711|Sextupling in Empire

I read somewhere that the port to PC on vegas was crappily done, and that anything short of the highest hardware will yield poor results.

True?
r'Eeee
+311|6455

My system isn't that great also..

P4 3GHz HT
1GB DDR2 3200(sumthin)
GeeeeeeeeeeeForce 6800 256mb

Do u think I will be able to play?
gameaddict
+35|6686|let op drempels

rabee2789b wrote:

My system isn't that great also..

P4 3GHz HT
1GB DDR2 3200(sumthin)
GeeeeeeeeeeeForce 6800 256mb

Do u think I will be able to play?
There you go.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6609|Philadelphia, PA
I have Rainbow Six:Vegas, and I can say it's worth the $50. If your into RTS games don't forget that Supreme Commander is coming out soon. EBgames.com says 2/20/07. link

Towelly wrote:

EBgames.com says 6/05/07
link
r'Eeee
+311|6455

I heared that when u play vegas online, u don't get a lot of servers and not many ppl playing it... is that true?. If it is then there is not point with getting it!!
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

I was watching the video about the issue of the 32 player limit per server. I wonder has any game ever attempted to offer a clustered server?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK
Just dl something illegally. I long stopped buying every game i want to play, would have gone into thousands of quid if i did.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard