G111%1% - 1
Eclipse6%6% - 5
Eclipse II5%5% - 4
Other (State which one and why)28%28% - 23
Total: 80
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6605|Doncaster, UK
I had the windows version of that keyboard but stopped using it because it has a built in fail safe in case you leave something resting on the keys. Practical upshot was, if you were flying it would detect that you'd had your handon the W key too long and turn it off. Sucks.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6678|Mhz

lol I'd be stunned if they left something like that in a gaming keyboard, I do get supprised daily though and with MS anything is possible.
liquix
+51|6512|Peoples Republic of Portland
microsoft ergonomic 4000, hands down my favorite.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6494|UK
razer tarantula FTW.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6473|Finland

Logitech UltraX Flat keyboard FTW!
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
eagles1106
+269|6642|Marlton, New Jersey.

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Anybodykillz wrote:

Am I the only one with a Z-board

dubbs wrote:

I like my Zboard since the layout is spaced out, there is less chance of hitting the wrong key when playing.
I'm willing to bet "NO", do people even read the rest of the thread anymore?

I've thought long and hard over a G15 and I don't think I can justify paying that much money for a keyboard. BF blocks the macros from a G15 so you can't use them, and although the screen is nice I just can't see when I would spend time looking at it.

I know the illumination on the G15 is very good compared to the eclipse but as stated, who spends their time looking down at the keyboard?

EDIT: Beaten to it by Max
G15 macros are the hardest macros for Ea and Dice to even detect, letalone ban.  Its the autohotkey things and programs like that that are banned.  You cant really ban g15 macros
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6545

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Yup me lol, it's fkin expensive but it looks classy, specially when it's next to a Copperhead mouse. Keys are perfectly weighted, held every key i could on the keyboard down and it didn't lock up (your average keyboard locks up after 5), its got an expansion slot thing on the top for add ons, only got the UV light and camera thing ATM but there's more stuff being made for it (probably a G15-esque LCD screen at some point), BF2/2142 doesn't block it's macros so you can use those if you want, every key can be re-bound to another key, e.g you can make 'e' into 'm', pull the keys off and swap em round, there's replacement key sets for it with weapon logos on them to highlight the important stuff (they're blue so it's easier to differentiate them), can set up 100 different profiles, can store 5 of them in the keyboards on-board memory so you can take it round a friends, load the profile and presto all your controls are set up straight away.
I don't see anything there worth $100. Same goes for the G15 but at least it has the screen. Gaming keyboards >$60 = ripoff. There's some nice features no doubt, but nothing spectacular that would make it worth spending $100 on something you can get for $5.

The Saitek is even worse. It doesn't even have macros! WTF are people paying +$50 for? A light?

Honestly I think the best thing you can go for, if anything, is the n52.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6713

I had a $5 BTC keyboard. I loved it, especially since I didn't feel bad if I banged on it. I don't need all the fancy shit like usb ports and lights (I know how to type without looking thank you very much). But since last summer I've upgraded to a $20 Microsoft comfort Curve 3000. Yes, quite special indeed.

In my mind, spending over $30 for a keyboard (let alone $100) is just complete madness. You could put that money to something else...

Last edited by mtb0minime (2007-01-26 15:17:32)

']['error
Banned
+630|6702|The Netherlands
i voted the G15, caus it's cool looking, has many extra keys and has an LCD-screen on it where gameinfo/systeminfo is shown
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6545

eagles1106 wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Anybodykillz wrote:

Am I the only one with a Z-board

dubbs wrote:

I like my Zboard since the layout is spaced out, there is less chance of hitting the wrong key when playing.
I'm willing to bet "NO", do people even read the rest of the thread anymore?

I've thought long and hard over a G15 and I don't think I can justify paying that much money for a keyboard. BF blocks the macros from a G15 so you can't use them, and although the screen is nice I just can't see when I would spend time looking at it.

I know the illumination on the G15 is very good compared to the eclipse but as stated, who spends their time looking down at the keyboard?

EDIT: Beaten to it by Max
G15 macros are the hardest macros for Ea and Dice to even detect, letalone ban.  Its the autohotkey things and programs like that that are banned.  You cant really ban g15 macros
They're not banned, but BF2 detects when you try and do something inhumanly possible and doesn't pass it.

It doesn't matter if your using a G15, G11, Razer, Saitek, IBM. Try binding something to fire single shots really fast (<0.1 sec) or something simmilar, it won't work because BF2 knows it's not possible and blocks it.

Without this capability (to preform actions faster than your hand can) macros are pointless in BF2. Just use your fingers! Don't waste $100 on a peice of crap

Last edited by Greenspan (2007-01-26 15:22:56)

BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6628|United States
The original Saitek Eclipse is what I use and haven't used anything better. The only difference in the Eclipse II is a duller backlight and a choice of 3 colors... big deal. The Eclipse has the best response time that I've found in a keyboard and doesn't suck system resources like the G15 does. The G15 is cool and all, and I love Logitech products, but that keyboard falls short of anything halfway decent. LCD is useless unless you're using it in game to see who is messaging you, etc. and the macro keys are just a big waste of space unless you play something like WoW. Plus you'll destroy your mouses response time if you hook it up to the keyboard. Bigger and badder isn't always better. Go with something solid.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6678|Mhz

Greenspan wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Yup me lol, it's fkin expensive but it looks classy, specially when it's next to a Copperhead mouse. Keys are perfectly weighted, held every key i could on the keyboard down and it didn't lock up (your average keyboard locks up after 5), its got an expansion slot thing on the top for add ons, only got the UV light and camera thing ATM but there's more stuff being made for it (probably a G15-esque LCD screen at some point), BF2/2142 doesn't block it's macros so you can use those if you want, every key can be re-bound to another key, e.g you can make 'e' into 'm', pull the keys off and swap em round, there's replacement key sets for it with weapon logos on them to highlight the important stuff (they're blue so it's easier to differentiate them), can set up 100 different profiles, can store 5 of them in the keyboards on-board memory so you can take it round a friends, load the profile and presto all your controls are set up straight away.
I don't see anything there worth $100. Same goes for the G15 but at least it has the screen. Gaming keyboards >$60 = ripoff. There's some nice features no doubt, but nothing spectacular that would make it worth spending $100 on something you can get for $5.

The Saitek is even worse. It doesn't even have macros! WTF are people paying +$50 for? A light?

Honestly I think the best thing you can go for, if anything, is the n52.
Yeah theyere all way over priced, Razer's one is the best though, so I bought it as cash isn't really much of a problem for me ATM so I'll spend it while i still can If you're gonna waste cash you may as well waste it on the best.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-01-26 15:33:09)

CrazeD
+368|6731|Maine
Saitek Eclipse OOOWWNNNNZZZ!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard