DeathHasDualPistols
+10|6314|Karrinyup, W.A.
Every time I try to run BF2 it has never worked to this day. It gets into the full black screen and crashes. It is really infuriating and if anybody says "oh just reinstall it" I will rip their head off and spit down their neck (not literally, of course, I'm not a bad person) because I have reinstalled it three times and done 5 4-hr patches. All my system specs check out with EAsy Info. HEEEEELLLLLLLPPP!!!!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6756|The United Center
Just reinstall it.

...if that doesn't work, are you sure you have the latest drivers downloaded?

...if that doesn't work, well, BF2 has always been a buggy game.  GL HF.
DeathHasDualPistols
+10|6314|Karrinyup, W.A.
Yeah, latest drivers and everything. It just really pisses me off that it doesnt work

Grrrrr
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6355|Slovenia
The latest Xfire was the source of the same problem for me. If you have it, just quit it before playing (no need to uninstalling it).
Do you have a LCD monitor?
killinzero1
+14|6397
firecrackers sovles every problem :-P
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6398|New York
sorry for the obvious question but, what are your system specs?
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6746|Salt Lake City

heggs wrote:

That was also my question.  It really helps to know these minor details. 
CrazeD
+368|6682|Maine
Start it in Window'd mode.

Right-click the shortcut and go to 'Properties'. Then click the 'Shortcut' tab at the top. In the 'Target' field, you'll see "+fullscreen 1", change the "1" to a "0", and hit Apply and close the window.

It should give you an error rather than crashing, post the error.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6380|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Do you get the splash screen & then it never really starts? Have you checked your processes tab to see if BF2.exe is still running after it crashes? Do you have System Mechanic installed on your system?

*Edit:* also you really should post your specs when asking a tech question, even if you don't think it can it still might help & certaintly doesn't hurt.

Last edited by MagikTrik (2007-01-23 10:24:10)

Eugefunk84
+48|6543
might wanna try this. One time I tried to play BF2, and it would start, goto black screen, then immediatly back to desktop. I tried everything, and couldnt make it work. Then I went into a config file fo rthe game where it had a standard resolution that the game woudl run in. Turns out my monitor didnt support said resolution. I changed this in the config file to a mode I could support and BLAMO, it worked.

good luck
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

Eugefunk84 wrote:

might wanna try this. One time I tried to play BF2, and it would start, goto black screen, then immediatly back to desktop. I tried everything, and couldnt make it work. Then I went into a config file fo rthe game where it had a standard resolution that the game woudl run in. Turns out my monitor didnt support said resolution. I changed this in the config file to a mode I could support and BLAMO, it worked.

good luck
It's a good idea. (as is starting it in windowed mode)

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx (horizontal res) +szy (vertical res)

Should work too.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-01-23 10:36:36)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6648|Montreal, Qc, Canada
just re-install it, usally when you re install and re patch everything it solve the problem !!!
DeathHasDualPistols
+10|6314|Karrinyup, W.A.
Andoura I may have to spit down your nick
hah lol
DeathHasDualPistols
+10|6314|Karrinyup, W.A.

Eugefunk84 wrote:

good luck
Can you put that in laymans terms?? I know a fair bit about computers, but it was never in my confiedence to screw with the files on a game coz im always worried ill screw it up
DeathHasDualPistols
+10|6314|Karrinyup, W.A.
Just did another EAsy info scan.
Graphics card and drivers both have unknown compatability,as does the realtek sound driver. realtek passes. and so does the sound card. graphics mem 128 mb and so passes
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6380|Pittsburgh, PA USA

DeathHasDualPistols wrote:

Just did another EAsy info scan.
Graphics card and drivers both have unknown compatability,as does the realtek sound driver. realtek passes. and so does the sound card. graphics mem 128 mb and so passes
I don't think you should have a Realtek driver installed with a sound card driver anyway.....isn't Realtek onboard sound?
cospengle
+140|6496|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

heggs wrote:

That was also my question.  It really helps to know these minor details. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard