t2krambo
Banned
+99|6525|Panama
First of all, check if you have the money to rent a server from an EA Ranked server provider.

Look for a reliable hoster : http://www.i3d.net for Europe
                                       http://www.branzone.com for US
                                       http://www.clanservers.com for US

After you`ve picked a good hoster, decide what kind of size you want. The sizes start at 16 players up to 64 players max.

Decide your location ( available on most US hosters ) so if u are from California, don`t choose New Jersey or New York, then pick LA or something like that.

Rent the server!

Decide what U would like to play : BF2, SF, AF or even EF

Decide if you would like to play IO or Vehicles

Remember : don`t pick Air maps as IO, it won`t work and the mapsizes are way too big.

If you would like to run : Vehicles : all is possible

If you would like to run IO : don`t do big air maps, take city maps

Look for a good servername

check for servers that already have a server like you, and try to pick some useful words from the server name, like Airmaps, Infantry, Pistol Knife, City maps etc.

Choose how many rounds a map, and please, don`t put in 1 round/map, especially for the slower pc-gamers like me , this aint fun guys, so do 3 or 5 or something like that.

Look for some friends that would like to be admin, and don`t give `em all rights at once, they might wipe your head admin account and then ur server has to be reset.

Clear the banlist every few days!

Put in the green messages : 'If you have any suggestions --> please add XXX xfire to your xfire and tell me'

They might have good tips & tricks!

I loved to make this for you guys!

If you have any more suggestions, please put em in!
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

Nice tutorial.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

ehhh...

wrong section?
pretty obvious?
irony at who posted it?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6550|Scotland

Jenspm wrote:

ehhh...

wrong section?
pretty obvious?
irony at who posted it?
For someone people it isnt obvious...
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6525|Panama
Guys, i`m sorry that i`ve placed it in the wrong section, My intention was to help some poor admins!
cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.
You're the poor admin though.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6740|Topside

Pretty ironic that the guy that got kicked for being the worst admin ever,is making a tutorial about admin duties.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
Gee, I couldn't figure out how I wanted to configure my server. Good thing you made this guide so you could tell me not to do IO and then call it 24/7 Airmaps, or make an air map server on Karkand. I was going to make my server 1 round Kubra IO one round Dalian IO, 64 player map with 16 players, and then make it a knife/paddle server. Thanks for the info +1!
Riddick51PB
+21|6506|Lincoln.ne.us
make sure you have the server set to random teams.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6749|Chicago.
The attempt is noble t2krambo, but the follow through is less than stellar. Plus your reputation preceedes you here. Sorry.
Riddick51PB
+21|6506|Lincoln.ne.us
also, make sure you get a Velocity-Servers.net server.  they use Quad AMD64 with 4GB DDR4.  you won't have any of that stupid laggage with the guys like branzone.  AND, get this, Velocity servers are priced the same F-ing price as the cheap servers.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6624|Sea to globally-cooled sea
you didn't say how to keep it popular!

i think it's very difficult to have a popular ranked server without a clan, because no one joins an empty server.  A clan can jumpstart a server by putting enough guys in at once to start a game.

maybe if you want to be an admin, find a clan and work with them to find a payment plan and a method for keeping it populated?

I don 't know, i've never admin'ed, but that is what i would do...
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6525|Panama

Riddick51PB wrote:

also, make sure you get a Velocity-Servers.net server.  they use Quad AMD64 with 4GB DDR4.  you won't have any of that stupid laggage with the guys like branzone.  AND, get this, Velocity servers are priced the same F-ing price as the cheap servers.
That sounds better then Branzone!
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6525|Panama

G3|Genius wrote:

you didn't say how to keep it popular!

i think it's very difficult to have a popular ranked server without a clan, because no one joins an empty server.  A clan can jumpstart a server by putting enough guys in at once to start a game.

maybe if you want to be an admin, find a clan and work with them to find a payment plan and a method for keeping it populated?

I don 't know, i've never admin'ed, but that is what i would do...
At my clan, we do exactly the same, just ask clanmembers to join the server, and after 6 have joined, Well start!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard