TheArkOfGod
Banned
+8|6790
I play early morning and usually when the people outside the US have infested the US servers.....anyways it seems to me they are usually harder to kill than those with pings under 100......any thoughts on this?
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6652|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Its true.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6566|The Land of Claywhore
Throw some marbles in the street.That should keep them busy.
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6561|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
'Tis true;

Wikipedia wrote:

ing works by sending ICMP “echo request” packets ("Ping?") to the target host and listening for ICMP “echo response” replies (sometimes dubbed "Pong!" as an analog from the Ping Pong table tennis sport.) Using interval timing and response rate, ping estimates the round-trip time (generally in milliseconds although the unit is often omitted) and packet loss (if any) rate between hosts.
So basically, the time it takes for info to get between that person and the server...

P.s i expect to see a lot of people dropping the "search bomb" on this topic.. watch out :p.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6858|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Doesn't matter, they are having an equally hard time killing you.

Example: 120 pinger is waiting behind a wall, you go past the wall and see him, but he doesn't see you till after 160 ms, given you're ping is 40, but you see him after 40 ms because the server registered him there already.

Or something, my ping is never below 100 because there are no ranked servers in this godforsaken Island so I would know .
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6721
Yea.  It bugs the crap outta me too.  I was once on the .50cal of hte humV and I was killed by a medic who ran at me from about 15 meters, looked up at me and shot me in the head.  I had been shooting at him the whole time trying in front of him, then behind him trying to find the hitbox, but all that was happening was puffs of dust.   
I looked at his ping and it was 520!  VERY frusterating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
switchbladezz
+48|6633
it is.

you know when you get the bug where it seems like your character is kinda jumping around when u got really high ping?

on other peoples screens that have a lower interpolation you really are jumping around
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6645|Washington, DC

High pingers piss me off. Usually harder to kill, and whenever I have a whole bunch of high pingers on my team we generally lose because... I don't even know why. High pingers tend to be detriments to my team whenever I'm playing for some reason, just bad luck I guess.
Raniak
+8|6424
The other day my bother was downloading, and the server I was in didn't kicked me for high ping, I had a ping of 1026... Finished first on the round, that was cool
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6454|King Of The Islands

PBAsydney wrote:

Doesn't matter, they are having an equally hard time killing you.

Example: 120 pinger is waiting behind a wall, you go past the wall and see him, but he doesn't see you till after 160 ms, given you're ping is 40, but you see him after 40 ms because the server registered him there already.

Or something, my ping is never below 100 because there are no ranked servers in this godforsaken Island so I would know .
Exactly. Your having trouble killing that one person. Boo hoo. They're entire game is like that. You can't hit them, they can't hit anything. What's the problem?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
TheArkOfGod
Banned
+8|6790
oh they bunny hop and spray and pray...meanwhile they move like the girl from the movie The Ring
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6478|A W S M F O X
I seem to be much harder to kill if im pinging over 150.......lol.
ssonrats
+221|6660

TheArkOfGod wrote:

I play early morning and usually when the people outside the US have infested the US servers.....anyways it seems to me they are usually harder to kill than those with pings under 100......any thoughts on this?
No it's just that Europeans are better than Americans at bf2
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6661
Whenever I play late at night with Europeans I own the crap out of them and their shitty pings. The only person with the disadvantage is the person with the bad ping.
TuataraDude
+115|6537|Aotearoa
High ping, low ping, I still can't hit people. Yet they seem to hit me with unnerving regularity.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard