ssonrats
+221|6662
Great stuff, i have only just stumbled upon this post, imagine if they fixed all of these issues, bf2 would pwn again.

I especially want the hitboxes on the choppers sorted out.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6688
Agree with bringing back the Blackhawk.  Keep the armor on it the way it is, but bring back the power so it can defend itself.

PLA vs MEC urban map would be a nice switch.  Set it in some oriental urban city instead of some brown dusty middle eastern one.

Hitbox on the choppers needs a fix badly.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6547|Boston, MA
I know another to fix to the list. In the scores screen when you go to the server info and click "Add to Favorites," more often then not, it does NOT add the server to your favorites. I have this problem every time and have a problem finding my way back to a good server.

I was just reading up on the updated list, it's very nice. However, here's a temporary fix for those of you having the favorites problem:

Go to the BF2 folder in My Documents. Go to Profiles and select your profile. It's usually 0002 since 0001 is defaultplayer. Go to General and open it with notepad, make sure to UNcheck the box that says, "Always use this program to open this type of file." Scroll down until you reach the line that says:

GeneralSettings.addServerHistory "ip" port servername

Remove ALL of those but do NOT remove the ones with Favorites in the line. Log back in and only your favorites should be on the list. If you don't have that many favorites, I recommend just clicking them one by one and have them refresh that way.

edit -- This also really helps you log in quicker and makes updating your server list quicker.

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2007-01-18 06:53:31)

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6601|England

Hurricane wrote:

-Improve the helicopter netcode. A missile going through the front of a helicopter is unacceptable. The hitboxes are very erratic on them. As stated, a missile going through the front will never net a kill, and a missile can go underneath a helicopter and kill it.

-TV missile glitches need to be fixed. For instance, after firing a TV missile and switching to guns, then switching back to the TV Missile, the missile will reload again. This prevents you from firing. Another glitch that happens is the player hears the firing sound, and sometimes even the pilot sees the missile, but no missile is fired and the reload process starts again.

-Tweak the Blackhawk helicopter's miniguns. They should have higher damage, slightly less than what they had in the 1.12 patch. Given the current changes that have happened to Blackhawks, the improved weaponry should be more than balanced by the lower armor and the longer amount of time it takes an engineer to repair the helicopter. This would also make maps like Wake Island more balanced.

-Perhaps increase the TV missile distance to 450 or 500 meters. Less than their original, but slightly more effective than their current limit of 350.

-Any TK's caused by running over someone in a jet should not count as a TK, and should instead count as a suicide for the person who gets killed. This will stop jet blocking.
Above = ub3r patch.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Hurricane wrote:

-Fix the "redlining" problem, where players can hover their chopper gunners out of bounds and have them die. If any passengers in the vehicle are out of bounds, all passengers should be considered out of bounds.

-M95 should not be able to shoot the cockpits of friendly aircraft.
Noooooo
tripodmsu
+0|6724
Fix the TOW missile glitch.  In the heat of action .. usually when there's a tank staring at you and you've already fired one missile .. after reloading you press fire, hear the noise, and no missle is shot.. if you immediately click again the missile will fire (with no noise).

Last edited by tripodmsu (2007-01-18 06:54:41)

ShellShock.PwN
+31|6804|Barrie Ontario
- go back to 1.12
---ADD POWER TO M95, should be 1 shot kill anywhere in the chest and up
----Make mini-guns on blackhawk atleast somewhat useful
-----fix sniper rifle scope glitch ( mentioned b4 )
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6673|The View From The Afternoon
The G36E should be slightly less accurate, and have more recoil.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6682|NT, like Mick Dundee

Seems everything I wanted was covered in the OP except the increase in splash damage on the nade launcher. Once that is done I can go back to playing BF2 a happy dude....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
U nailed it m8
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6344|105 RVK
Hurricane just made this game sound like crap. Now Dice should make another patch.
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6669|Norway
C4 detonator bug

I have experienced a really annoying thing when playing Spec Ops lately. After throwing down a pack (or more), nothing happens when I right-click. I am still holding another pack in my hand and not being able to switch to detonator.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6547|Boston, MA

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

---ADD POWER TO M95, should be 1 shot kill anywhere in the chest and up
Yes! Those .50 cal bullets are supposed to immobilize an APC. They are made to DECAPITATE humans! I've seen footage of the M95 in action, when they shoot enemy troops, they're limbs go flying, literally. There's no reason at all anybody should be able to survive a shot from the M95.
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6709|England
I'd like bullets to remain effective after they've passed though someone. If you shoot someone you often see the splash of the round on an object behind the person you just shot however this is only for aesthetics, the round once its passed through someone no longer does any damage. If you line two people up, stand in front of them and shoot the first guy in the head, he will die but the guy behind will just get a puff of smoke on his face and won't get hurt at all.
This is something I'd like to see changed, not entirely sure if the rest of the community will be bothered about it.
Sir Aidyn Sage
DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
+32|6380
This was just a thought that  I had here a while back for the water maps.   Would it be posible to make and or change so that you could crop a vehicle to someone in the water say on WAKE and have it be a boat?

there are times when having to bail out and it would have been nice to call for a vehicle drop out in the water so you didnt have to swim back to shore. you could call and have a boat dropped to you adn boat back....

Is it posible for DICE to change the coding  so that dropping a car to someone in the water and it would be a boat instead?
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6365|Belfast
I MADE A THREAD ABOUT ADDING WEAPONS!
a 3rd tier unlock thing and a rare server crash bug.....
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=60872
there u go!
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6575|Hungary
EA / DICE should delete all inactive zero point accounts.A lot were made during the demo version time.
If someone want a nickname and its taken by a "zero" one its kinda anoying.
Maybe by this the stats updating would be faster.

An option for changing nickname !!!
Why ? A lot of players got clan tags in their name coz in the old patch there wasnt a prefix thing.Some players left a clan or joined a new one adn now their nick looks fucked up.

If there is no time to make a brand new map for PLA (city map) then just change MEC to PLA on Sharqi Peninsula...the name dosnt sounds like an MEC map.
By changing the enemy from MEC to PLA would solve the problem in secounds.MEC got Jalala,Masthuur,Karkand so its enough.

All ideas what i got now ^^
im_in_heaven
+27|6605
Anti Tank rockets damage needs to be increased. It shouldnt take 3-4 shots to kill armour. If your lucky youll get 2-3 shots off and thats if hes a noob in the armour.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6340|Graz, Austria
--A server side option to turn off air and ground vehicles independent of each other.
--Make the SF zipline crossbow a weapon that can actually do damage.
--Make the engineer's wrench a melee weapon (with very low damage though).

Last edited by globefish23 (2007-01-18 10:07:46)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6583|England

Oh this is an awesome thread. Hurricane you legend

I agree with a lot of whats been posted (chopper hitboxes, chopper TV bug, claymores, etc). Some others to add:

1) Fix the LGM missile bug. This is a common thing whereby the LGM crosshair disappears when you fire a missile, the lock is lost and the missile is fired off in a random direction. This always happens to me in the F15 on Clean Sweep. I cant vouch for the other bombers since I havent tried them yet

2) Fix the server loading info screen. How many times does it actually display the server name, IP, port and the servers logo? Very rarely. This seems like such a simple thing, that really should be addressed.

3) Provide a commander option for "squad leader, a vehicle drop is available" (similar to the uav/arty etc).

4) Fix the kit reporting made by servers. It is often incorrect, is not logging the time/kills properly and actually results in you unable to gain badges as a result (Ive only noticed it on SF so far).
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=55739 , http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=48766 or even here: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9015/goldmedal2fe6.jpg

5) Sort out the issue of the Sergeant Major of the Corps - does it still exist? If not then remove it and let us actually know. As far as I know, it wasnt "officially removed".

6) The assault kit gets 3 flashbangs in SF, yet in vanilla they only get 1 smoke? Give them 1 or 2 more smoke nades.

7) A request for more SF, EF and AF maps. Even one per booster would be nice, just something to help keep them going.

8) When scrolling through weapons on the kit selection menu, the shadows of the next weapon available should accuractly reflect what is next. It is currently incorrect.

9) Fix the bug where if you swap teams, the kit selection menu is invisible.

10) A minor thing...but change the RIBS so that every team doesnt have an M249 mounted on it - it really should be the RPK and Type 88 for MEC/PLA respectively.

11) If you are going to be changing the repair points, so that you get 2 per full repair - then the repair badge should be adjusted, i.e. back to 25 or even 30 repairs IAR for expert.

12) Additional awards/medals to be added to SF, EF and AF to help prolong their lifetime for the award orientated players.

13) Fix the issues with the MEC, MECSF and SEAL ribbons.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6547|Boston, MA
Here's a good idea:

The ability to filter OUT IO servers. There's the filter in button, but you can't filter them out. I think they should allow you to.
VANDULLIZER
+0|6353|United Kingdom, Derbyshire
TV guided missiles on dragon valley are difficult to use against 'high up' targets, so DICE should either edit the sky (brightness) or change the TV missiles crosshair colour
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6506|Gogledd Cymru

You shouldnae in crease the AT rockets Damage, here is a model posted on my clans website showing the damage given from stuff to a tank

Tank Damage Model
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6611|Las Vegas, NV USA
It'd be pretty sweet if there was a way for one squad leader to communicate to another squad leader over VOIP.  Is this option already in the game, and I'm missing it, or is it just not there?

Oberst-Moser wrote:

That being said, I'd have to say that A LOT of my teamkills can probably be attributed to pre-FF-OFF on mines and claymores, AND...  A large number of those teamkills resulted in a TK Punish that was unjustified.  All because some retard wasn't paying attention to the warning sign (I almost never put them in areas likely to hurt teammates).
could you imagine that there are people who run intentional in friendly mines just to punish this useless anti teamplay sniper???
WHAT?!  NO WAY!!  REALLY?!

Well, that's even more retarded than having a useless, anti-teamplay sniper!

PHEW!  After hearing that, I'm happy that I'm neither a anti-teamplay sniper, nor the retard that runs into the mine out of stupidity or carelessness, AND follows it up with a punish out of bitterness for my own ineptness.
VANDULLIZER
+0|6353|United Kingdom, Derbyshire

Mosh wrote:

great post! pla vs. usmc city map would be gorgeous!
it sure would, but i get bored of having the USMC on every single map... there should be PLA vs MEC maps
*InR* Winger
+46|6393|far away
Fix the problems with the laser guided. After the first magazine it gets fuc*ed.
No shots is being registrated and you cant get a shot or change camera angle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard