deadlikeme667
+5|6181|MI
thats not necessarily true, with jets like these, before they could stall they would reach thinner atmosphere which in turn would allow them to increase their speed even more, eventually making them uncontrollable. what the top speed near the ground, like 1200 max? at those altitudes you go like 3000 right? also, i don't think one bullet should destroy them, but maybe a grenade, or yeah like you said an engineer.

Last edited by deadlikeme667 (2007-06-23 17:58:48)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6458|Chicago, IL

deadlikeme667 wrote:

thats not necessarily true, with jets like these, before they could stall they would reach thinner atmosphere which in turn would allow them to increase their speed even more, eventually making them uncontrollable. what the top speed near the ground, like 1200 max? at those altitudes you go like 3000 right?
Umm, less oxygen at those altitudes would kill the engine, and you'd stall. 

But the real flight cieling of a fighter is certainly higher than 1200m.
deadlikeme667
+5|6181|MI
lol, oh right, good point :p
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6458|Chicago, IL

deadlikeme667 wrote:

lol, oh right, good point :p
or not, I'm looking at my sig and noticing that the pilot is wearing a flight mask, so they can operate at highish altitudes, but i doubt it has much of an effect on the speed, since the decreased air resistance would be offset by lower engine performance.

Now that thats over, let's get this thread back on track.....
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6689|Middle of nowhere

S.Lythberg wrote:

deadlikeme667 wrote:

thats not necessarily true, with jets like these, before they could stall they would reach thinner atmosphere which in turn would allow them to increase their speed even more, eventually making them uncontrollable. what the top speed near the ground, like 1200 max? at those altitudes you go like 3000 right?

lol, it's actually 800m

i WISH it was 1200m

oh, and i think that if they don't make Claymores able to be destroyed with grenades, then you should give the Engineers a point for disarming them, same with AT mines.  I mean, if i'm behind a claymore now, i don't feel any obligation to be open as i disarm a claymore b/c there's really no point, let some other fool run into it for all i care, but if there were points involved....

yes i'm a point whore
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6458|Chicago, IL

genius_man16 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

deadlikeme667 wrote:

lol, it's actually 800m

i WISH it was 1200m

oh, and i think that if they don't make Claymores able to be destroyed with grenades, then you should give the Engineers a point for disarming them, same with AT mines.  I mean, if i'm behind a claymore now, i don't feel any obligation to be open as i disarm a claymore b/c there's really no point, let some other fool run into it for all i care, but if there were points involved....

yes i'm a point whore
Good ideas, but you can disarm friendly mines too, so people might will abuse...
If EA can cet their act together and make it so you only get points for enemy mines, then I'm all for it.
There should also be some points involved for forcing an enemy pilot to bail.  you did technically kill the jet, and it will actually be even longer before it is back up in the air, so i think some sort of pointage should be in order.
deadlikeme667
+5|6181|MI

yes i'm a point whore
no it;s not even wether you're a point whore or not, especially if you genuinely do not want that claywhore to get kills on your friends, it's a great idea. you would also see much more engineer action in no vehicle maps, i hate coming up against nothing but claywhores (snipers), medics, and spec-ops guys in every single no vehicle match. a little variation would be nice ya know? my cousin also pointed out or suggested timed claymores where they have a specific amount of time before they go off like 30 secs or something, which is a good idea too.

Last edited by deadlikeme667 (2007-06-23 20:13:06)

I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I
+12|6382|Ohio
My personal fav when it comes to flying jets is getting to high, throttling down the engines, start coming back down, only to have the jet flip and go another 300 higher without any engines.  In other words needs fixed.

Timed clays prolly wont work so well.  Think about having the timer run out only to have an entire squad of friendlies run by, and all of the instant punishing that would happen.  Speaking of which they need to make it so that if you are forgiven for a tk you don't lose points like in v1.3.  Clays on the other hand need a detonator like spec ops or a trip wire.  They shouldn't blow up when you are running up to it from 30ft away.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6735|Doncaster, England
I've just thought of this and I haven't read any other posts, so if it's already been said, sorry...

I would like to see infantry only with cars.
No mounted guns on them, just a car.

I like playing infantry, but I get sick of all the running around.

This would also make the engineer kit useful again, for those who like it, even though I'm not one of them
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6523|Gold Coast
New gun sounds. Im sick of hearing the AK, M16 or any other pansy gun go off with 'put put'. I want "BANG BANG". And it to sound realistic.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Fly51
+1|6166|France
The most important thing for me "disable the different sounds like : need a medic, need ammo, enemy car spotted etc..." ppl love spamming all the time, that's really annoying.. by the way i just need a command to do that in the sound tab, with gun sound ON / OFF, vehicle sound ON / OFF etc... like that, you can disable or not every sound.

Another thing, they should do something about the stats padding, I mean if somebody got too many points during a certain time (like 1 kill each 2 seconds during 30 seconds for example, no one can do that except cheating), you should get auto kicked, of if someone get killed like 20 times in 30 seconds, auto ban. I dunno actually what they could do about that, i don't work for EA, but they should think about that, when I'm commander, I see sometimes hidden ppl making anything. So right now, without stats, it's useless ^^

If one of you get killed, revived, killed, don't cry, just leave the server and come back, like that you won't give any points.
K1ngSc0rp10n_
+0|6667

Fly51 wrote:

Another thing, they should do something about the stats padding, I mean if somebody got too many points during a certain time (like 1 kill each 2 seconds during 30 seconds for example, no one can do that except cheating), you should get auto kicked, of if someone get killed like 20 times in 30 seconds, auto ban. I dunno actually what they could do about that, i don't work for EA, but they should think about that, when I'm commander, I see sometimes hidden ppl making anything. So right now, without stats, it's useless ^^
You want to solve Stat-Padding, but your Favorite Victim is somebody you killed 63 times.......... Irony?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6570|Hungary

KuSTaV wrote:

New gun sounds. Im sick of hearing the AK, M16 or any other pansy gun go off with 'put put'. I want "BANG BANG". And it to sound realistic.
Hell yeah the minigun from the black hawk should have the sound from UT 2004 and also more power.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6735|Doncaster, England

K1ngSc0rp10n_ wrote:

Fly51 wrote:

You want to solve Stat-Padding, but your Favorite Victim is somebody you killed 63 times.......... Irony?
That's easily done. Look at mine, I did it in a chopper on Sharqi, empty server.
He is in my clan and I am his top victim too.
All we did was battle in the choppers all round.

Edit: That didn't make sense, I raped him as MEC. Then he did the same.

Last edited by jamesb (2007-06-24 05:59:25)

K1ngSc0rp10n_
+0|6667

jamesb wrote:

That's easily done. Look at mine, I did it in a chopper on Sharqi, empty server.
He is in my clan and I am his top victim too.
All we did was battle in the choppers all round.

Edit: That didn't make sense, I raped him as MEC. Then he did the same.
If this is true, then you're big exception... Major part of these Worst enemies with 30+ kills are (IMO) Stat-Padders..
Fly51
+1|6166|France
lol.. it's really not that hard, you probably didn't play enough to be good. These days, i play on a jalalabad inf only 24 slots, and i'm able to kill the same guy more than 30 times only in a whole part only using the M95...  don't you ?
Topgun_leader
+0|6178|Behind my computer | Holland
- sometimes if you lay down on the ground and want to stand up, your character lays down again (likely the same ass the sniper rifle bug)
K1ngSc0rp10n_
+0|6667
...able to kill a noob unable to run/somebody, who is somewhere behind a rock and still got revived, or a guy, who can own whole squad? it's a little bit different..
I don't play sniper, but medic, I want to help my team, not to shoot people, who don't see me, and run, when they're approaching..
Fly51
+1|6166|France
yeah I understand that, this is the only way to get a lot of points without killing anybody ^^
bove027
+0|6452|Utrecht, Holland
Got a problem that when during the loading of a map when I press ALt-tab, and alt-tab back again, that after the loading is complete I get a map overview that won't go away :S

Only solution is swapping between the desktop and BF2 again...
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6410|6 feet under

bove027 wrote:

Got a problem that when during the loading of a map when I press ALt-tab, and alt-tab back again, that after the loading is complete I get a map overview that won't go away :S

Only solution is swapping between the desktop and BF2 again...
that was never supported by EA. essentially do it at your own risk
I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I
+12|6382|Ohio
DO NOT DO IT WHILE LOADING ONTO A SERVER!  As long as the map is loaded it's fine to alt-tab.  If the map is still loading you run the risk of getting a solid gray screen when you hit "join game".  Then you have to exit the game and join the server all over again.
PsychoKillers
Walking Sniper, Hidden Claymore
+11|6615
If someone can submit this one for me: Make the MG36 slightly more accurate that the RPK-74 is right now and reduce the accuracy on the RPK-74.
StarvinMarvin
+7|6166
here's a good one: give the F-35B better evasive capabilities against missiles, and bring down some of the J-10's ability.  my god the F-35B can't avoid anything once flares are gone, and even with flares it sometimes gets hit.
Suicidal
+20|6520

jamesb wrote:

I've just thought of this and I haven't read any other posts, so if it's already been said, sorry...

I would like to see infantry only with cars.
No mounted guns on them, just a car.

I like playing infantry, but I get sick of all the running around.

This would also make the engineer kit useful again, for those who like it, even though I'm not one of them
This would absolutely ruin IO.

You'd have noobs queing up to get the jeep so they can go on a road kill rampage.

Total shite idea, sorry mate.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard