Deadstick
Banned
+10|6479|Ohio
Wouldnt it be nice to see Stalingrad, or even Dust Bowl in BF2? El Alamein would be crazy fun too!!!!

The guys from my clan was thinking back to the Desert Combat days and was thinking about how kewl it would be to see those maps in BF2.

Any DC stories out there?
srog72
+12|6779|Michigan
El Alamein exist but its unranked and doesnt have ac
130...........i have Berlin, bocage, gazala and El Alamein

Last edited by srog72 (2007-01-15 17:41:56)

Deadstick
Banned
+10|6479|Ohio

srog72 wrote:

El Alamein exist but its unranked and doesnt have ac
No kidding? Where would we find it?
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6668|Canada
The POE2 Singleplayer mod has one battlefield 1942 map that I can't quite remember the name of, but as srog said, El Alamein is out there too.
srog72
+12|6779|Michigan
srog72
+12|6779|Michigan
let me know if you guys get a server going with these map packs
Deadstick
Banned
+10|6479|Ohio
You bet!
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6583|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
mmmm 1942 was good times... some al khafji docks and some basrah's edge would be great for infantry maps... id like to see something like the DC No Fly Zone, a huge airmap where the objective was to destroy various installations
srog72
+12|6779|Michigan
I think that al khafji docks and  basrah's nights is out there somewhere, I dont know if basrah's edge has been redone
XISIX
+116|6638
Sigh. ....

Co-worker showed  BF2 ages ago.

Bought BF 1942 for Mac OSX + ran DC & FH mods.

Definite wild times playing Capture the Flag.
Can't remember name of DC map with river running East/West through middle but definitely remember
firefights back + forth.

Kinda miss the handheld mortar you could set up.  Adjusting trajectories.

Know different development team but hope new DC mod for BF2 lives up to original.
GR34
+215|6568|ALBERTA> CANADA
THEY NEED TO REMAKE 1942 BUT WHITH THE dx10 STUFF I HOPE THEY DO THINS IN AT LEAST 2 YEARS I KNOW I WOULD BUY A 1942 REMAKE WITH RANKS AND UNLOCKS BUT  DONT WANT TO HAVE TO UNLOCK THE BAR OR THE M1 OR THE TOMPSON OR THE M1A1 CARBINE THOWS GUNS PWN ALL IN MY MIND! UNLOCKS WILL BE LIKE STEN GUN AND BREN LMG AND MABY A PROTOTYPE RIFLE AT THE TIME OR RIFLE NADES AS UNLOCK
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6542|Adelaide, South Australia

GR34 wrote:

THEY NEED TO REMAKE 1942 BUT WHITH THE dx10 STUFF I HOPE THEY DO THINS IN AT LEAST 2 YEARS I KNOW I WOULD BUY A 1942 REMAKE WITH RANKS AND UNLOCKS BUT  DONT WANT TO HAVE TO UNLOCK THE BAR OR THE M1 OR THE TOMPSON OR THE M1A1 CARBINE THOWS GUNS PWN ALL IN MY MIND! UNLOCKS WILL BE LIKE STEN GUN AND BREN LMG AND MABY A PROTOTYPE RIFLE AT THE TIME OR RIFLE NADES AS UNLOCK
https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/882bgBlack.jpg
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6686|under there hayousaidunderwear

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

GR34 wrote:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/N … gBlack.jpg
qft, the caps locks hurts my eyes enough.  But the lack of punctuation and spelling makes it even worse!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6653|Washington, DC

GR34 wrote:

YOU THINK THEY SHOULD REMAKE 1942? THAT IS A LOAD OF MALAKRAKRKARI I WILL SUE YOUR ASS OFF HEH EVER HEARD OF A LITTLE THING CALLED EA MONOPOLY ACT 4 OF 2??//??? THATS RIGTH AS*HAT YOU CAN BE STEALIN OUR IDEA JUST CAUSE WE HAVE THE 2142 I MEAN JUST BECAUSE OUR CEO HAS A BIT OF A BLACK FACE WHAT THE F*CK MAN WHAT KIND OF WORLD ANYWAY THIS IS THE DEAL YOU SHUT IT AND DEAL OR ELSE WE WILL SUE YOU YOU SEE DO YOU SEE I BET YOU DO THATRS WHY OK WE LIVE IN A WORLD CONTROL BY THE GOVERNMENT AND WE ARE THE CIA WE CREATED THE CIA WE ARE THE CIA SO DONT YOU DARE STEAL OUR IDEAS OR WE WILL HAVE YOUR INTERNETS REVOKED AND DESTROYED OK WE DONT REALLY WANT TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF WINNING OK WE DONT WE DONT WE DONT

In all seriousness though, Basra's Edge, Al Khafji Docks, Weapons Bunker (was that the name?), Twin Rivers, Desert Shield, El Al DC, Bocage DC, Gazala DC, Dust Bowl, and URBAN SIEGE were the best ever. Too bad nobody ever played Medina Ridge, Inshallah Valley, or Operation Bragg.

Oh fuck, and of course the almighty No Fly Zone maps. Holy shit, the DC devs are gods compared to DICE...
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6532|Los Angeles, California
Oh god I love No Fly Zone...

I want my F-14 and my Harrier back please. Especially the Harrier in Urban siege with the cluster bombs... that was crazy pwnage.
pasngr
+50|6668
Remember in DC (and 1942 also??) when your guy would start screaming if you didn't open your parachute right away?

And I agree, no fly zone rocked.
ikc-god
+1|6679
i have 12 map from 1942 for bf2 and u can get it at http://files.filefront.com/PoE2+SP+Mapp … einfo.html
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6428|NSW, Australia

SuperSlowYo wrote:

mmmm 1942 was good times... some al khafji docks and some basrah's edge would be great for infantry maps... id like to see something like the DC No Fly Zone, a huge airmap where the objective was to destroy various installations
that map was awsome.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6385|Vancouver
I've given up BF2, at least for a while, to return to BF1942 and Forgotten Hope. It's actually much more of a relief- I prefer the game. Perhaps the thing that kept me on BF2 was the statistics, the overwhelming need to get better...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard