Jodah3
+1|6740
This section has been lacking in the activity today, so here's a random complaint.

To be honest, I'm still amazed to see this, but it's still happening.  I'm sick and tired of seeing somebody compare the weapons in BF2 to real life weapons in every single random topic that mentions some gun.

In real life, it's the army's job to invent the unstoppable, FOTM gun that completely unbalances the tide of battle.

In EA's life, it's their job to invent guns for each kit that are as balanced in the overall game as possible.  Their only "realistic" thing about them is what they look like.

So stop with the fancy diagrams, links to manufacturers sites, etc etc, and post something that keeps me entertained at work.

Good day
Nexa
+2|6756
http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

should keep yer busy
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

Jodah3 wrote:

In real life, it's the army's job to invent the unstoppable, FOTM gun that completely unbalances the tide of battle.
FOTM?

btw US armies aren't looking for guns that kill but guns that 'seriously wound' the enemy. That's why they use sissy 5.56
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779

Coolbeano wrote:

Jodah3 wrote:

FOTM?

btw US armies aren't looking for guns that kill but guns that 'seriously wound' the enemy. That's why they use sissy 5.56
He didn't say anything about killing, though, did he?

And by the way, Jodah, I completely agree.  This annoys me too.

Especially with the damn M95 and how its supposed to be one-shot kill.

Last edited by DrDestruction (2005-12-01 11:00:37)

jools
+-1|6809|a galaxy far, far away....

Jodah3 wrote:

[snip]In real life, it's the army's job to invent the unstoppable, FOTM gun that completely unbalances the tide of battle.

In EA's life, it's their job to invent guns for each kit that are as balanced in the overall game as possible.  Their only "realistic" thing about them is what they look like.[snip]
Yet, BF2 weapons are all but balanced. *wink*
About the rest of the post, I kinda agree. People just have to live with it.
=DS=Unit92
+0|6742

Coolbeano wrote:

Jodah3 wrote:

FOTM?

I beleive he means Flavour fo the Month.

5.56 is actually quite good at "taking out" (as the good Reverend would say) people despite claims otherwise. The whole 5.56mm is used to maiming is false, although with current body armors it may be true despite intentions. The reason that Nato uses it as opposed to the 7.62mm rounds is because when they were doing weapons testing they were comparing apples and oranges. They pitted the "moderm 5.56mm semi-armor peircing round" against a standard 7.62mm ball cartridge "that has not been improved since its adoption in 1953."  If they had used a moderm NATO 7.62mm round they probably would have seen significant differences. The way they conducted the test it appeared as the the 5.56mm round had better penetration, lethality, speed and was lighter... how could you not want this super bullet in your gun?

Edit: oh yea, source http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ … 86/MVT.htm

Last edited by =DS=Unit92 (2005-12-02 07:23:14)

RDMC_old
+0|6737|Almere, Holland

DrDestruction wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

Jodah3 wrote:

FOTM?

He didn't say anything about killing, though, did he?

And by the way, Jodah, I completely agree.  This annoys me too.

Especially with the damn M95 and how its supposed to be one-shot kill.
head shot!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard