Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
Holy Roman Empire is the best faction IMO.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6496|dunno
No venice is.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
Nah both wrong. Either Spain or England. Just for the sake of fun. The small ones are good but its realy anoying at the start when you have like 2 states.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

England. Quality archers FTW.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6798|Lithuania
Lithuania, imo.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
+5|6291
Holy Roman Empire
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6699|Germany

England and Venice / Milan
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616
Russian or byzantine I have not played the others.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6660|London, UK
I say Portugal

Knights of Portugal

Last edited by bullit (2007-01-13 10:24:09)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
lol just killed their king as the spanish within 8 turns. and they attacked me with a 2x larger army.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6660|London, UK

Vilham wrote:

lol just killed their king as the spanish within 8 turns. and they attacked me with a 2x larger army.
vilham if that was against portugal u mean

/waves fist

anyway tbh england are good to lol

https://i14.tinypic.com/2up4p76.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
Yeah against portugal, managed to wipe them out in the next 20 turns, so anoying two of their family were open to bribing as rebels, but first time i turned it down coz it was 36k for 2 family and 6 units, then I realised i might aswell but they wouldnt agree again! so I ended up sending 300 knights against them
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6365|The Gem Saloon
i prefer venice.
i would love to play as the timurids though. those elephants are sweet......excpet when they freak out.
MagiCandy
+18|6625
Turks are the best Muslim faction

Holy Roman is good, but the start point sucks
Umibozu_IT
+15|6618|Italy
england

venice has the best troops (heavy kickass infantry, armored) but fucked up territories and too many enemies

others are too boring, except the spaniard which in turn have a terrible starting economy
MagiCandy
+18|6625
killing the Aztecs was some the best fun I had

Cannons make people die!
Frotz
+15|6501|Sweden
I finished a long game with Venice, I went for economics (trade mostly) in the start, also did what the pope wanted except crusading in the beginning, instead I had a lot of priests just standing about. This made me the controller of the papal state very soon, had at least 6-7 cardinals for the first third of the game, then I had all the cardinals in my hand. Economics is the strong side of Venice though, along with its heavy infantry, for more than half the game I had around 100-200k florins available every turn.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
HRE ZweiHanders and Gothic Knights pwn all! Plus the hand-gunners are awesome.

But then again the Turmids have Elephant Artilary which means you are even more fucked than against bear cavalry.
MagiCandy
+18|6625
Teutonic Knights are better than Gothic if you upgrade them.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
HRE or France.  They both have very well-balanced armies and can smash all the other nub factions.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
https://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6342/medievaliify8.jpg
Link to Pic
Campaign Dif: Hard
Battle Dif: Hard

I also have 12 of the 13 cardinals, the Pope was a former priest and I have 6 separate armies attacking the Mongols. So you tell me which is best.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2007-01-14 21:32:57)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
That can be done with any country in the game. Lets stop this best faction thing because tbh. If you know how to use them they all kick ass. Atleast they do for me.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6359|New York

Frotz wrote:

I finished a long game with Venice, I went for economics (trade mostly) in the start, also did what the pope wanted except crusading in the beginning, instead I had a lot of priests just standing about. This made me the controller of the papal state very soon, had at least 6-7 cardinals for the first third of the game, then I had all the cardinals in my hand. Economics is the strong side of Venice though, along with its heavy infantry, for more than half the game I had around 100-200k florins available every turn.
you must have had a ton of diplomats all over the place. if i'm not mistaken, don't trade rights stop after a certain amount of turns?
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
Woo just finished taking all of spain, now im just gunna kill of the moors and the frenchies.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6618|Italy
tbh you can easily win the campaign with every faction. it's just a matter of who makes more money, who fights the less, who has more enemies, and so on.

For example, Venice is the richest faction as you can easily make your capital earn you 5000 fiorin per turn. however, every single region of yours is surrounded by enemies... and so on

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard