thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6316
i have seen many people bash this rifle like pounding beef with a sledgehammer.

there are more good things about this rifle than bad.

what i like about the zeller
1) a very nice powerful bang to it when fired
2) can take out explosives.
3) can kill almost any enemy soldier with one shot even at full health.
4) get this rifle+ enhanced zoom+ stabilizer...... headshots like mad.

what sucks about the zeller:
1) 3 damn stupid rounds per clip
2) long reload time
3) that red tint in the scope especially when you are in a map where there is snow or yellow background that causes a blurry image..YIKES>
4) i get nice kills over extreme long ranges.

other comments:
1) go for headshots with this rifle as much as you can.. 3 rounds per clip does not leave you with a large amount of error to miss targets.
2) people say that a non head shot kill on someone with full health takes two rounds. i say that is bull. i mean if the damn gun has 3 rounds per clip, man it better knock people flat on their back 1/2 the time when i connect with a well placed chest shot.
4) im suprised that this zeller does not allow you to do what the M95 of BF2 does, kill people in a cockpit of a plane or a jeep.

current accuracy with the zeller. 65%
accuracy with a park 52 or moretti ... 40%
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Snipers are smurftacular!
Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6661

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Snipers are smurftacular!
They can also be smurflicious when combined with the squad leaders spawn bacon and scrambled eggs, Yummy!
Fear_ofthe_Dark
+2|6389
3) that red tint in the scope especially when you are in a map where there is snow or yellow background that causes a blurry image..YIKES>

more like staring into a piece of red-orange paper
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

it really sucks
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
kinglufc
+6|6489
that gun actually does own...
im around 70% with the zeller
I too don't like the red background, it just 'gets in the way'
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6352
i really dont play sniper much anymore... i use rockets to fuck up enemy snipers or acouple shots with the baur ... but the zellar is still my favorite sniper rifle because it sways less than the standard guns do + it does a shit load of damage... heck after you get hit by the zellar their really fucked up... almost anything can kill them, lol even falling off a 5 foot hill...

Last edited by IsaacLeavitt (2007-01-12 09:34:13)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

Zeller is a pointless gun, end of. Minute scope, horrible tinted red colour, 3 round clip, still a 2 shots kill (unless they dont use body armor which is about 1 in 55000 people) loud enough to give you away on another server, draws a huge white line right to your head when you fire it (so many people dont realise this)

"can kill almost any enemy soldier with one shot even at full health." Wrong. (unless its in the head in which case they all do that)

"get this rifle+ enhanced zoom+ stabilizer...... headshots like mad." It's no different to the other rifles zoom and stabilizer you just see less with the Zeller 'coz its tiny.

"sways less than the standard guns do" no it doesn't

"it does a shit load of damage... heck after you get hit by the zellar their really fucked up..." if your not hitting the head why are you sniping?
sneeky_fluff
+1|6499
Doesn't it just come down to personal preference regarding sniper rifles..... The difference in damage is pretty much circumstantial as to be of use.

Different scope and scope colour
Less rounds in the mag with a damage pip
Thats pretty much it for differences

All in all I prefer to Zeller, for some reason I find it easier to aim, hit and kill with. Although this most likely has no basis in objective truth I just like the 'feel' of the gun.
Brasso
+1,549|6631

The Zeller's ok, just hate the small clip and the red scope.  The thing I hate about it most though is that it's so noisy.  It's a great sound, but very conspicuous.

Park 52 Ratio - 13:1
Accuracy - 46.65%

Morreti SR4 Ratio - 7.12:1
Accuracy - 43.89%
--------------------
Zeller-H Ratio - 1.56:1
Accuracy - 50.22%

You decide which is better.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

Fear_ofthe_Dark wrote:

I say it again, as I have mentioned it quite a lot in this forum before.

If you want the rifle scope to be clear in the middle, you have to set your graphics level to HIGH.

example
https://img89.imageshack.us/img89/965/screen039xq7.jpg
l41e
+677|6649

StormEye wrote:

Fear_ofthe_Dark wrote:

If you want the rifle scope to be clear in the middle, you have to set your graphics level to HIGH.

example
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/965/screen039xq7.jpg
1. There are about 5053024j03024343 graphics options that you can set to high.
2. Not all of us could set our settings to high if we wanted to.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6828|Australia

thebestshooter wrote:

3) can kill almost any enemy soldier with one shot even at full health.
no. That is only the case if the target is wearing light armor not the heavy, and who wears light? More players wear the Heavy over the light.
The "shoot explosives" is the only real benefit to the weapon. Otherwise keep your 5 shots and go the standard weapons.

Like bf2 the standard guns are better.
si-cat
+0|6321|UK
the scope still sucks on certain maps even with graphics on high
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6494|Russia
Actually you can take out drivers/gunners in jeeps with Zeller (and with any other weapon as well). Just aim properly.

But not drivers in transport. :-(
motherdear
+25|6652|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)

StormEye wrote:

Fear_ofthe_Dark wrote:

example
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/965/screen039xq7.jpg
you actually just have to raise your texture to high and you get rid of that damn tint.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore
i prefer the stock sniper rifles over the zeller..i just hate the 3 round clip..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard