thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6315
i have been playing 2142 for almost a week.. got every unlock for the recon class.

the lambert carbine has an awsome rate of fire but after a few short bursts , the target is not dead.

back in BF2, a few shots with a g36c will kill anyone dead.

it seems to me that the accuracy of some of these weapons really suck compared to bf2.

then i play assault and the same thing happens.

its like i have to spray and pray just to get a kill. Bf2 spray and pray does not work for jack.

if this is 2142, weapons have to be deadly accurate, not deadly horrible misses like i get
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6457|UK
Nah, ur jus rubbish.
Slickfish
+24|6624
I haven't found that much difference to be honest.

The Lambert kills just as fast as say the M4 in bf2.

Maybe you will just have to learn how to fire the weapons in 2142, like the lmg's feels weird them getting better the more they are fired.

The thing im happy about is there's no G36 medic ownage weapon, the closest thing is the Voss, but thats not stupidly over powered.
Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6660
I've found that weapons are fine, accuracy is decent, but its the power of the weapons that has been slightly reduced - it takes more hits to bring infantry down depending where you hit, than in BF2.  But it doesnt really take much longer to drop them using say an assault rifle because of the better accuracy - at least in my opinion
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6535|Valhalla

[[[@lph@]]]_Templar wrote:

Nah, ur jus rubbish.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

loonitic wrote:

Nah, ur jus rubbish.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

thebestshooter wrote:

i have been playing 2142 for almost a week.. got every unlock for the recon class.

the lambert carbine has an awsome rate of fire but after a few short bursts , the target is not dead.

it seems to me that the accuracy of some of these weapons really suck compared to bf2.

its like i have to spray and pray just to get a kill. Bf2 spray and pray does not work for jack.

if this is 2142, weapons have to be deadly accurate, not deadly horrible misses like i get
The Lambert gets more accurate on full auto spray, bursts hit nothing
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6535|Valhalla
also if you think the Lambert is not accurate you can always use the stabilizer with it when using the scope
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6315

DeathUnlimited wrote:

thebestshooter wrote:

well in that case since you are pro at this game than i am, that means two things.

1) the whole game is built on a spray and pray idea.
2) if i spray 27/30 rounds just to get one kill, thats noo good. that is not efficient. that means i will be swaping lambert clips in a middle of a firefight.. and most support people dont give you ammo unless you kiss their ass.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

thebestshooter wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

well in that case since you are pro at this game than i am, that means two things.

1) the whole game is built on a spray and pray idea.
2) if i spray 27/30 rounds just to get one kill, thats noo good. that is not efficient. that means i will be swaping lambert clips in a middle of a firefight.. and most support people dont give you ammo unless you kiss their ass.
Yes I am pro, the best player in the universe so hear my advice: Spray, run, reload, bunnyhop, spray, run etc etc and ye shall get 'em.

time                 kills     deaths  k/d     shots    accuracy
Lambert Carbine:     02d 01h 03m    2604    468    5.56    15710    21.20 %

DeathUnlimited has spoken.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2007-01-12 09:30:05)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
kinglufc
+6|6489
The rate of fire is exremelyy fast what you mean to say is that the power behind the bullets suck, the accuracy is good, but there again the power of the bullets aren't powerfull enough. In other cases like the Voss... now theres a gun to play with, accurate and powerfull, plus your a medic for them extra team points which are now worht more
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6351
sorry to say this but ur a newb... i use burst and kill ppl like mad, forget BF2 this is totally different... practice makes perfect... GO PRACTICE!!!
Zefar
+116|6650|Sweden
I find the weapons to be pretty accurate in BF2142. Maybe you just aim bad.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6696|UK

Nah, ur jus rubbish.
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6683
http://bf2142medieval.ytmnd.com/ <---------You are the guy on the right.
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6815|Moore, OK
Headshots are always great. If you're aim isn't that great, then try aiming for your target's upper chest or neck. After a quick burst, the recoil will bring the rifle's aim up, going for their head.

Last edited by Dizik (2007-01-12 11:30:44)

Burpman01
+1|6607
I have a better accuracy in BF2142 (27.5%) than BF2 (22%)....the weapons are realy great in BF2142...but if u think they make less damage, that's maybe because the armor u wear are better too!!!!
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6351
i have an accuracy of 25.32% which is pretty good for the Battlefield series, esp. since i play Assault... you just need to become more familiar with the guns... PRACTICE!!!
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6619|InGerLand
i actually agree with thebestshooter a bit
when standing the weapons seem less accurate
but they seem more accurate prone or crouched
apart from the support guns when its reversed
though it doesn't really matter go practice and learn to adjust to it
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

I agree with you bestshooter.

That's why I play BF2 more than 2142.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6406|NSW, Australia

i find with the assult class its better to shot in bursts of 2 that way i usally get kill pretty fast
Magius5.0
+106|6382|UMass Amherst
Average Accuracy: 29.7%, bitches.  And that's with over 10,000 kills, and spraying like a mad-man with the Support guns.  (Of course, I'm also a sniper junkie, and love the Baur H-AR) Anyone who says the guns aren't accurate can kiss my ass; you just need to learn to to aim, burst, and keep a cool head.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys
mod pls delete thread. If EA see's this its curtains for a non nerfed game.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6345|Cali
Yes i agree some 2142 guns are Un-accurite.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land
the main thing is...

you can't go prone in a firefight anymore, you ahve to kneel or stay standing.  going prone makes your accuracy drop down to pretty much nothing for a good 2 or 3 seconds+

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard