djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6362|Oregon
Has this come up before? Recently enough to have this deleted? The DO IT! I don't wanna be a nuisance!

Anyway

While writing some Localization files, i noticed

RECEIVE TARGETING ASSIST POINT
and
FIRE ON LASER PAINTED TARGET

now, i know there's a targeting assist point in 2142... but it seems unreliable
Laser Painting!?

It seems like DICE was going for something big with these two features. The whole "Spot a guy to your teammates is innovative enough, but giving points for it may have made it cooler (or more unbalanced... you decide)...

and laser painters... Targeting for Rockets by lasers? That seems logical, and may have actually been welcome as a way to balance vehicles and infantry more... But again... maybe not...

There are some other random things that DICE seems to have left in those files...

but, i'm probably saying things that EVERYONE knows! Anyway... Just... disregard me...
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6447|Melbourne, AUS
in bf1942 snipers had binoculars which could be supplied to mobile artillery for a strike. perhaps Dice was planning to have this in Bf2, but later scrapped it.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6786|San Antonio, Texas
There was a lot of cool things that DICE was going to put into BF2 and then never implemented them. I guess this is one of those things...
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6545|Adelaide, South Australia

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

There was a lot of cool things that DICE was going to put into BF2 and then never implemented them. I guess this is one of those things...
'tis true, there were many things that were left out.

I want my '107!

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-01-10 23:11:26)

Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6678
Laser painting in bf2 would have been cool. I want to see that in bf2.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6657|Finland

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

I want my '107!
Blackhawk rocket pods! GIMME!

Last edited by DonFck (2007-01-11 01:26:59)

I need around tree fiddy.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6552|Singapore
maybe the laser painter can be used to paint targets for the laser guided missile..

Last edited by jkohlc (2007-01-11 01:54:26)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6717|Devon, England
And rapel lines from the Black Hawk... Missiles on the Black Hawk...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6592|England

DonFck wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

I want my '107!

Apart from the corny speech, that was awesome! Laser painting...F15's, all on Mashtuur. Wow!
I did notice that the "MEC" were not only dressed differently, but had the SRAW and not the Eryx (or RPG as they called it in the film).
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6656|Washington, DC

Yeah the MEC looked like real fucking fighters like you see on TV, not this organized army crap. But DICE and EA got pushed around by lily-livered liberals and crybabies and made them professional, keeping the "Ragtag" look for BF2:SF.

BF2 was gonna be pwnage in a CD (or DVD). But EA rushed DICE, DICE got sloppy with coding, and we ended up with the current BF2.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6439|Michigan, USA

I started playing a good while after it came out, more exactly a little after Christmas 2005.  I can only imagine how awesome this game was pre-shitty patching.  I did notice though, that on one of the install cd's there's still an image of the blackhawk w/ missle pods, but did it ever have rappelling abilities?  Or did you just jump and parachute as you would today?
SmackDowN
+5|6495
Only parachute, but the miniguns on it were real pwnage
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6591|Area 51

maffiaw wrote:

in bf1942 snipers had binoculars which could be supplied to mobile artillery for a strike. perhaps Dice was planning to have this in Bf2, but later scrapped it.
Could be so..cuz I saw a thrailer in which a special ops guy laser designated a target and then the F-15 Strike Eagle came in to bomb..its somewhere on the EA site I believe..

EDIT: The vid is actually in this thread..

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-01-11 10:19:26)

Zodiaccup
+42|6572

Snake wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I want my '107!

Apart from the corny speech, that was awesome! Laser painting...F15's, all on Mashtuur.
It's not Mashtuur City. It's a map that never has been released, but i would love to play it.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6591|Area 51

Zodiaccup wrote:

Snake wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Apart from the corny speech, that was awesome! Laser painting...F15's, all on Mashtuur.
It's not Mashtuur City. It's a map that never has been released, but i would love to play it.
It does look alot like Mashtuur..cuz when the F-15 comes in you can see the same bridge in the background as the one in Mashtuur
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6592|England

It looks a lot like Mashtuur, but an older version of it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard