stef10
+173|6490|Denmark
Well, I just been at the R6 forums to see what they say about the game. When I read the different topics about R6 to Xbox 360, I saw that many people are experiencing a very serious problem with the Xbox 360.
A guy was upset, that he had bought some new games, and after a while his Xbox 360 started to make funny noises. He then took the disc out and saw, that it actually was beginning to melt, and was extremely hot.
After some time he saw some serious cracks in the middle of the disc. After some time he got the game replaced, but the issue still occurs with his other games. Then a guy pointed him to a topic at the official xbox forum.

It looks like some people think, that the problem comes when taking the disc out of the case. They say that could make the cracks. Well at the last page a guy says, that it is inside the xbox 360 it happens. Well, a lot of owners are complaining and the problem seems to stick to them.

There are some links below, and I advise you to read the last page, because that is where they find the juicy stuff.

Link to R6 topic.

Link to Xbox forum.

There may occur a error with the last link. Go to about half down on the upper link and you find the link to
the forum.

So maybe you should reconsider about buying a Xbox 360

Last edited by stef10 (2007-01-10 08:44:51)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6396|New York
that sucks, nothing is worse than dropping money on something like this and having it crap out on you. i have a ps3, and i just hope it doesn't develop something similar, because it gets pretty hot when i play. i keep it out in the ambient air and upright, so hopefully nothing will happen like this.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
stef10
+173|6490|Denmark
Well, it is definently not the case, but it could very well be cheap plactic dics or just rally bad hardware. I am planning on buying the PS3.

But remember if you see any cracks after taking the dics out, then you may be fucked.
stef10
+173|6490|Denmark
Never buy a Xbox 360. Buy a PS3
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK
Never buy a console. Buy an ownage PC.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6402|The Gem Saloon
glad i saved my money for a new PC before i hopped on the new console bandwagon......
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Incorrect.
Microsoft has just released the second version of the Xbox 360, fixing every problem that was caused in the first one.
Simple answer to why this is happening. Bad manufacturing and design.
The new one is faster, quieter, and will last longer.
But it is a bummer I got the one before this 2nd version.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6421|Michigan, USA

Vilham wrote:

Never buy a console. Buy an ownage PC.
Oh, if only I had some extra cash, and were able to make my dream come true!  (Imagine lots of ram and numerous nVidias, quite possibly in sli)
stef10
+173|6490|Denmark
Buy a pc. Your are more than welcome to use all of your cash on that.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6658|Keyboard
Never trust MicroShit
stef10
+173|6490|Denmark
Only trust Sony.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

stef10 wrote:

Only trust Sony.
Really?
So why is it that they have delayed the PS3 several times now. And now everyone is complaining it is dissapointing and not worth the money.
On top of that, the US governemnt dissallowed them from using their first PS3 chip as it was "too powerful and could be used for different circmustances"

All 3 major companies are untrustworthy ( nintendo, microsoft, sony ). Fact.
stef10
+173|6490|Denmark

Zimmer wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Only trust Sony.
Really?
So why is it that they have delayed the PS3 several times now. And now everyone is complaining it is dissapointing and not worth the money.
On top of that, the US governemnt dissallowed them from using their first PS3 chip as it was "too powerful and could be used for different circmustances"

hmmmmm. Okay. You win.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6396|New York

Zimmer wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Only trust Sony.
Really?

zimmer is correct. all three are shit. it's a matter of picking your favorite out of the shit heap.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
zero_x830
+5|6432|Netherlands
thats why xbox 360 got cheaper so soon :S
stef10
+173|6490|Denmark

zero_x830 wrote:

thats why xbox 360 got cheaper so soon :S
Yep, it is kind of cheap.

But damn I want a console to play games on not a computer, because that is going to make me poor.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-01-10 10:31:20)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Well, then go for the 360.
The new version should be coming out soon. And once it does all the problems will go. Hopefully.
Also, GTA4 is coming out on it, and it will have exclusive content for the xbox as it works on LIVE. Which in the PS3 it wont.
And remember Halo 3.
£550 for a PS3? No chance.
And the Wii gets tedious and fails at action games and shooters.

And I know you are having problems with the 360, but OVERALL, it is the best console. Too bad they are poorly manufactured.
You could wait around 5 years till the PS3 prices drop and then buy it, but by that times new Xboxes will be out.
It is up to you, personally I would just stick with the 360 and hope everything gets fixed.

Or you could just give up and stick with your PC. Which I will not do.
liquix
+51|6462|Peoples Republic of Portland
The xbox 360 is not a perfect machine, but the problem usually lies in the hands of the owner. Most individuals do not consider heat dissipation or ventilation when placing their xbox in their home. This leads to someone jamming a 360 right on top of a cable box inside a cramped entertainment center. I know most people would not consider placing their high performance gaming computer inside a poorly ventilated box, so why should you think the xbox is any different. It really stinks that this happened; for that person I would recommend the xbox 360 intercooler, since he is having heat problems.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

liquix wrote:

The xbox 360 is not a perfect machine, but the problem usually lies in the hands of the owner. Most individuals do not consider heat dissipation or ventilation when placing their xbox in their home. This leads to someone jamming a 360 right on top of a cable box inside a cramped entertainment center. I know most people would not consider placing their high performance gaming computer inside a poorly ventilated box, so why should you think the xbox is any different. It really stinks that this happened; for that person I would recommend the xbox 360 intercooler, since he is having heat problems.
NO!
Have you even read the news on that?
It takes so much power from the Xbox itself that the fuse and back of the xbox starts to melt. And the thing makes only the slightest of temperature differences.
Also, once you have put it on, you have just voided your warranty - not the best idea for a faulty Xbox.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6654|Nova Scotia
I got my 360 in September '06 and haven't had a problem yet, and I play it like crazy.
Liquix - is there an actual MS intercooler, or just they Nyco/Intec Intercooler?  I hear the Nyco causes more problems than it solves.

A lot of times people are putting their consoles vertical, as well, which really, (in my opinion) despite what MS, Sony or anyone else says, is not a good idea.  Moving the console with a disc in it is also a bad call.

If you're going to go PS3, wait a year for the problems to be worked out and some sweet games to be released.
Rumors of MGS5 showing up on the 360 abound.  Some other usually PS only title is supposedly coming to the 360 but damned if I remember what it is...

All in all, go with whatever you want, just treat it well.

edit: Zimmer's post right above mine is what I was thinking about the intercooler....just buy a 10 dollar fan and point it at your console

Last edited by Rygar (2007-01-10 10:47:18)

stef10
+173|6490|Denmark
Come on. Everybody says that the ps3 is gonna be much better than the Xbox 360. That is a fact.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6473|Melbourne - Home of Football

Zimmer wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Only trust Sony.
Really?
So why is it that they have delayed the PS3 several times now.
They delayed the release of the PS3 to the worldwide market because of production problem in manufacturing the diode used in reading Blu-Ray discs, the same piece of hardware also used in Blu-ray players. It has nothing to do with the quality of the PS3, and everything to do with the inevitable problems of creating new technology.
golgoj4
+51|6782|North Hollywood

Zimmer wrote:

Well, then go for the 360.
The new version should be coming out soon. And once it does all the problems will go. Hopefully.
Also, GTA4 is coming out on it, and it will have exclusive content for the xbox as it works on LIVE. Which in the PS3 it wont.
And remember Halo 3.
£550 for a PS3? No chance.
And the Wii gets tedious and fails at action games and shooters.

And I know you are having problems with the 360, but OVERALL, it is the best console. Too bad they are poorly manufactured.
You could wait around 5 years till the PS3 prices drop and then buy it, but by that times new Xboxes will be out.
It is up to you, personally I would just stick with the 360 and hope everything gets fixed.

Or you could just give up and stick with your PC. Which I will not do.
If you find the wii tedious, maybe you need to actually use it...

um....GTA4 is also coming out on PS3...do you think Sony is going to be left out of the 'exclusive' market? Also, did you confirm it will be useless with the ps3 online system?

I remember halo 1 & 2. the only cool thing about halo 3 was the trailer. Try a real shooter like Half Life then come and tell me that halo isn't the Joel Shumacher version of an fps game.

i would rather buy a ps3 and get a blu ray player as opposed to buy a 360 and get um...a regular drive. Microshit will charge me for the add'ons happily. Which, by the time I would be done, its almost the same price as a ps3!

I can add a different drive to the interior of my ps3 with a sata connection...but i would be stuck with the 360 20 gigs...

I don't know how you determined the 360 to be the best, but considering your logic it would say your just a Microsoft fanboy. Who doesnt know anything about game development. I'm still trying to figure out what your basis of comparison is...

Lol @ 'stick with it and hope it gets fixed'. Im no fan of sony as i use more of their professional products and they tend to be very fascist in the way they do business. But I can look past my prejudice and make an informed decision...but then people who actually believe what u said are the reason Microsoft makes money.
liquix
+51|6462|Peoples Republic of Portland

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Only trust Sony.
Really?
So why is it that they have delayed the PS3 several times now.
They delayed the release of the PS3 to the worldwide market because of production problem in manufacturing the diode used in reading Blu-Ray discs, the same piece of hardware also used in Blu-ray players. It has nothing to do with the quality of the PS3, and everything to do with the inevitable problems of creating new technology.
I concur J_aero. People who don't understand materials and processes, or production in any form are the lead whiners when a delay comes. If people would rather sony threw the ps3 out the door as soon as they had a single working model....well they would be whining a lot more because of unreliable machines. Maybe next time you whiners invest hundreds of millions into a product you can throw your money away till your hearts content.
zero_x830
+5|6432|Netherlands
people in the xbox forums giving so much possible reason of why the discs break:
The xbox spins it to fast so it gets hot and it breaks
the new cases (dvd holders) are to wide in the grip center
the DVD's are hot inside the xbox and outside they get cooler to fast and they break
the DVD's are made of bad batch of plastic
It's just some certain games
and much much more

and when you mail MS they say something like:
Many of our users have these kinds of problems lately,
keep in mind to push the center of the DVD holder when you get you dvd out/ put your dvd in.

and i see people in the forums there that let there xbox be repaired, but if MS claims there in no problem with the console..... why would they replace it then? It doesn't make sense (maybe because you have the right to get a new one, i thought)

And DVDs get replaced once by most shops and no one told about replacement from the Internet.
so some people had fun for 2 weeks and others more but wasted like 160 euro or dollars or whatever..
thats kinda shit..

if you are rich  you can keep buying the game again, and again, and again, but you won't be rich anymore after a while then...

And some people call the help lines and the had said they had put their dvd not in the boxes but in those plastic/paper thing holders (don't remember name) so that i couldn't be the boxes and then MS employee says something like: I can't help you with that..

Omg is Microsoft even trying to solve the problem that thousands of people suddenly have broken DVDs or are they gonna keep telling that people (including people that have been using games for like 20+ years)(i been playing games on the computer since i was 7 or 9 and as far as i know i only broke 1 CD because i was angry and couldn't get my CD into the box so i got aggressive and pushed it in with some... gentle power) need to be more careful with their DVDs

and i got like 20-30 CD/DVD that failed while burning games on it or that the file itself was false and i wasted a CD/DVD on it but i would love to warm up one and then hold it out of my roof window and see what happens

in short: there is something really wrong with the Xbox360 and/or DVDs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard