iceman785
+93|6673|Alaska, mother fucker.
This friday im planning on buying AF and EF to broaden my experience with BF2 and make the game a bit more interesting and fun, but are they both worth buying? or is it just a waste of 20 bucks?
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6406|NSW, Australia

meh its just $20
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6796|Barrington, RI
ask Phrozenbot
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6403|Alberta, Canada
I got the deluxe pack, with both AF + EF for $25 Canadian at a future shop.

For a first impression, I think it was a good $25 spent. It's got 6 new maps to play with, many new vehicles, and the fun-to-play EU forces.
I think the maps are of good quality. They AF maps are very large, and take place in farm fields, on a highway, and in the evening with Americans vs Chinese.

In my opinion, it's worth a buy.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

=ST6=SewerMaster wrote:

ask Phrozenbot
Lol. I say, yes! Only if you really want to play something new.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6371|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Ya I'd definitely get it if you have the $20, it's worth it although I think AF kinda gets old after awhile (but still fun) & EF doesn't really have that many servers.
I mean it's 20 bucks, that's like what....one decent dinner out?
cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.
I spent 20 dollars on the boosters, and I haven't touched EF except for a local server to look at 2 out of the 3 maps. I don't think I got ripped off. Armored Fury is awesome.
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6841|UK
£12 for both.. Spend near / over 50h between them.. not much you can do with 12 quid and that many hours
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6479
Its a good change from vanilla BF and SF.  Tarraba Quarry rocks!
iceman785
+93|6673|Alaska, mother fucker.
thanks for the good feed back guys, looks like ill be buying em both cant wait to buy and play with you guys
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6841|UK
I personally wont be playing AF anymore..

Got my ribbon and didnt enjoy them maps at all.. EF Great Wall is superb.. Better than many BF2 and SF maps
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria
AF:
I quite like the maps and already got the ribbon.
It's a pity though that they added the muscle car on Midnight Sun only. It would have fit wonderfully on Road Rage to speed along the highways.
And sometimes I wished I couldhave the Littlebird on the standard BF2 maps too...

EF:
At first I didn't like Great Wall, but now I see that it is a quite tactical map. You can't just rush from one flag to the next, because if you lose both flags inside the fortification, you can quickly be pushed back outside and have to fight through the bottlenecks of the 2 only entrances entrances.
Without air support and the enemy on the higher ground this can be hell.

Also, the European Army has quite good weapons and vehicles. It's a pity you can't use them (and their whole army) on other maps (except for the P90 and the L96A1, which are tier 2 unlocks). Or that there are not more than those 3 maps, respectively.
Another drawback is that there are no 64 player map versions in EF.

But all in all these two booster packs are totally worth their money. (I even bought them before SF.)

If Dice/EA should ever release something for BF2, I think they should make free, additional maps that are playable with the EF & AF army and vehicles respectively (in combination with the standard BF2 stuff).
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6383|California
Go for it, I bought them for $14.95 + free shipping over at www.amazon.com ~ AF & EF are great.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

ncc6206 wrote:

Tarraba Quarry rocks!
Of all the things, I never thought Id hear that said. Ever.

AF rocks. Littlebird + me = serious rape. Got my heli medal with it the other day
And, of course, the loading music!

And as much as I hate to admit it, it is better than EF simply because EF has degenrated into a load of twats who all teamswitch to EU every round, making MEC or PLA wins on the booster quite rare.
It is very frustrating and annoying.

Both boosters are vehicle heavy, so if you are an IO pussy/fanatic/stat freak - dont get them.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Snake wrote:

ncc6206 wrote:

Tarraba Quarry rocks!
Of all the things, I never thought Id hear that said. Ever.

AF rocks. Littlebird + me = serious rape. Got my heli medal with it the other day
And, of course, the loading music!

And as much as I hate to admit it, it is better than EF simply because EF has degenrated into a load of twats who all teamswitch to EU every round, making MEC or PLA wins on the booster quite rare.
It is very frustrating and annoying.

Both boosters are vehicle heavy, so if you are an IO pussy/fanatic/stat freak - dont get them.
The loading music is available without the booster pack.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6557|Brisbane, Aus

i bought the booster pack collection but i haven't seen an AF or EF server in AUS for months

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard