Poll

Should claymores disappear immediately after the sniper dies?

Yes39%39% - 76
No60%60% - 115
Total: 191
im_in_heaven
+27|6601
Im tired of running into a guys claymore 10 mins after i kill the guy. I think they should disappear right after you kill the sniper. Claymores were basically designed to protect the sniper not "get kills". How do you feel?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6358|Twyford, UK
Stuff like that oughtta be persistent; stays there until tripped. That, or they all go off when you die.

If you're sick of tripping over claymores, stop playing infantry only.
im_in_heaven
+27|6601

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Stuff like that oughtta be persistent; stays there until tripped. That, or they all go off when you die.

Do you think claymores only exist in IO? Also, if claymroes remain then c4 should remain there to be used again where it was placed

Last edited by im_in_heaven (2007-01-08 19:33:29)

Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6663|Keyboard
This should apply also to support, engys and medics because the same thing happens with them; they die and the thrown things still remain around (ammo, mines and heals).
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6396|California
Why should they disappear? It would be unrealistic, ok, motion sensored claymores are a bit unrealistic because none have been made, but why should they? It's all part of the game, either way its not changing . It's as if you were an engineer, repair some random vehicle and then it explodes because you died .

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2007-01-08 19:34:21)

jsnipy
+3,276|6535|...

im_in_heaven wrote:

...Claymores were basically designed to protect the sniper not "get kills". How do you feel?
Is that what they were designed for? How do you know?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6358|Twyford, UK

im_in_heaven wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Do you think claymores only exist in IO? Also, if claymroes remain then c4 should remain there to be used again where it was placed
No, but I know I don't trip over the damn things all the time on vehicle maps. Too busy being run over by tanks, falling off buildings, and pitching a tent for my PKM in case it rains.
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6396|California
I like Claymores, even if I run into them constantly, you just have to be careful, its all part of the fun in the game.
aLi3nZ
+138|6519|New Zealand
Claymores should be destroyed by artillery, grenades, GL, C4, AT Rocket but should not disappear when the player has died.
im_in_heaven
+27|6601
anotehr peave is that claymroe are way to random. Sometimes they dont blow up until yoru clcose other times they blow up when yoru 30 meters from it. Also if someone else trips and your around them it off it has a much bigger radius as well.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6358|Twyford, UK
I still want to see dead snipers go up in a cloud of smoke and ball bearings...

I also think I should be able to use disarmed mines as a melee weapon. Nothing says 'I hate you' like being brained with your own mine!
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6380|Cali

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I still want to see dead snipers go up in a cloud of smoke and ball bearings...

I also think I should be able to use disarmed mines as a melee weapon. Nothing says 'I hate you' like being brained with your own mine!
im_in_heaven
+27|6601
87 views 12 votes . Lets see these votes
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6543|Boston, MA

aLi3nZ wrote:

Claymores should be destroyed by artillery, grenades, GL, C4, AT Rocket but should not disappear when the player has died.
Yes!
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6416|Alberta, Canada

aLi3nZ wrote:

Clays should be destroyed by explosions again. That was much beter.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6358|Twyford, UK
Yes, then you could create huge chain reactions crossing the map, to be triggered with but a single grenade.
Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6343|Toronto Canada
me their ok i guess, i just hate when you see it their and try your hardest to avoid it and it goes off anyways
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6665
Thats the fun of a good sniper leaving a nasty little suprise for bunny hopping MG armed infantry to run into later. I always get a chuckle after i nail the dude that just killed me.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
demois411
+1|6378
If you want to get rid of clays then just use a wrench so you can take them out along with c4 and at mines.
Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6343|Toronto Canada

demois411 wrote:

If you want to get rid of clays then just use a wrench so you can take them out along with c4 and at mines.
you kidding me right? do you get points for it?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6532|Adelaide, South Australia

Claymores/Mines/C4 hang around as long as the kit pack does. It gives other players time to pick up the kit and use the items, like when a guy puts C4 on a tank but gets killed, you pick up his kit and detonate the C4.

I think its fine the way it is.
demois411
+1|6378

Robbie77 wrote:

demois411 wrote:

you kidding me right? do you get points for it?
Nope.

Its easy too, just take a wrench and place it over a clay and start clicking on the mouse and in a few min. its gone. Did it to a couple of my mates and they became really pissed.

Funny thing is, I learned it from a engineer on single player who took out my clays then I just started lmao.

I would record it but I don't have fraps or any of those other video recording programs.

+1 karma to anyone who records and uploads it on youtube.

Last edited by demois411 (2007-01-08 20:14:07)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6675|USA

aLi3nZ wrote:

Claymores should be destroyed by grenades
mines too.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6694|Disaster Free Zone
Mines/Clays should have FF ON like every other thing in the game. Makes snipers think twice before "spamming".
Marinejuana
local
+415|6598|Seattle

aLi3nZ wrote:

yep.

but i personally wouldnt care if they unrealitically just disappeared with the sniper. I really don't care about realism (otherwise we might have to sit 8 hours bleeding to death rather than respawning in 15 seconds). claymores are just too easy to use, u could nerf them however u want in my opinion. id like it if they only killed at maybe .25 of their current range, while anything else just brings u to half health. then the claymores would only be especially effective for snipers defending their roof, etc, which is a more legitimate use of them if u ask me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard