autopilot
banned
+115|6318

People play other games, get over it.
This is a guide to becoming a better player in CS:S.

First I'd like to say that I'm not the best but these are some things to consider when playing.

Secondly, Never call yourself 1337! People who call themselves 1337, are actually the ones who are not 1337!

Anyways.
When it comes to CS, everybody has a different tactic (even the good people). Yes, you can watch them and try to copy their tactic, but if you want to be very good, you have to make your own. Remember these are just tips, from my own experience. This is not a guarantee that these tips will make you "1337", but rather some pointers for you to make your own style.

Single shot vs. Spray
This is not just a discussion about the the aim. If you shoot single shot, like BANG! (wait 1-2 seconds), BANG! Your aim becomes very good. If you spray (shoot wildly), your aim will become bad to say the least. I recommend single shot, with your own tactic of course. The idea is that you let your weapon rest a little before you shoot, your aim improves. Of course this is not for all situations. In very close quarter combat, spraying is much more effective, but only if you can spray in the right way.

Spraying
You walk around a corner and suddenly you are face to face with an enemy. It's all about reflexes, so you push your mouse button as hard as you can, it seems like the enemy is very slow and only shoots a couple of times. You die!

What went wrong?
To things, one of each.
The match was based almost on pure luck, no-one could see who was going to hit first...
In a situation like that it is crucial to keep concentrated, and think. To just shoot randomly and hope for the best is not that effective! First, don't sit down, you're just making yourself an easier victim. Secondly, jumping is good, but not so much that you can't aim... Aim at his face with a good spray and you will have good chances of winning most of the time.

Sit or stand?
This is one thing where both alternatives have good and bad sides.
Sit: When you sit you will automatically have better aim. But at the same time you turn yourself into an easier target, because your head covers most of your body, and get shot in the head (only once) your dead.
Stand: When you stand, walk or run you have the worst aim. Many people think, that when you stand up, your aim is totally screwed, but it is actually not like that. Your shots will still be able to hit at a very long distance. You are harder to hit, because much more of you is visible (I know it sounds strange). But most importantly; you can get away quicker.

Camping:
In CS, move yourself! Always! Yes, you can camp a little for short periods of time, longer if you are a sniper, but move yourself... Standing still will only turn you into an easy target... To camp. (Stand/sit in one place) can also make a person that you killed once, come back to the same spot again, but this time prepared!

When you move:
To run is a good idea, but stop behind safe places (a box, or around a corner). This way you can be sure no-one is following you in their sights. And, if you get shot at, don't hide, shoot back. You rarely have time to hide before you get killed.

And remember!
Always shoot at the enemy's head!

Some tips for all beginners:

[*]Don't throw flash for no reason
[*]Don't throw flash when you know people on your own team get blinded by it
[*]If you die, don't accuse of cheats. There are people out there that are very good.
[*]Don't listen to music when playing.
[*]Don't use your mic, if you are playing a clan match!
[*]The mouse and keyboard don't have anything to do with you dying,
[*]If FF (Friendly Fire) is on, don't shoot your team-mates
[*]Never say in the chat what you are doing next round.
[*]Pay attention to the screen; Radar, who is killed, how much hp (health points) you have left, and that you have enough ammo!
[*]If you press TAB, you can see who is left and how many
[*]And don't be a kamikaze, it doesn't work that well...
[/list]
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland

autopilot wrote:

Never call yourself 1337! People who call themselves 1337, are actually the ones who are not 1337!
you just shut up right there.
autopilot
banned
+115|6318

leetkyle wrote:

autopilot wrote:

Never call yourself 1337! People who call themselves 1337, are actually the ones who are not 1337!
you just shut up right there.
I'm so fucking 1337 right now. I've got the biggest 1337 you ever seen, it's so hard!

No offense but players who go around "I'm so fucking 1337 compared to all you noobs, this map just sucks" tend to be less 1337
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Yayz, a guide! And don't call yourself 1337
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6516|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

autopilot wrote:

# Don't use your mic, if you are playing a clan match!
I'm sorry but... what?!
I've played well over 500 clan matches/mixes in CSS, and there is no way you can win a match really without good teamwork/communication. That's the difference between BF2 and CSS, CSS is more tactically based with more or less even chances for each team, where as BF2 is more of a solo ownage whore fest :p ( although i like both games as much as each other, i'm not critisicing ).

Pretty simple guide though, but good for new playes non-the-less.
I would of mentioned something about stealth being the main tactic, you will never ever be able to take down 4 or more people in CS simply by fire-power ( unless they are nublets completly. )
It's all about knowing the map, using your common sense and intuition to know where enemies will be.
autopilot
banned
+115|6318

[TP~Bravo]Wiggy wrote:

autopilot wrote:

# Don't use your mic, if you are playing a clan match!
I'm sorry but... what?!
I've played well over 500 clan matches/mixes in CSS, and there is no way you can win a match really without good teamwork/communication. That's the difference between BF2 and CSS, CSS is more tactically based with more or less even chances for each team, where as BF2 is more of a solo ownage whore fest :p ( although i like both games as much as each other, i'm not critisicing ).

Pretty simple guide though, but good for new playes non-the-less.
I would of mentioned something about stealth being the main tactic, you will never ever be able to take down 4 or more people in CS simply by fire-power ( unless they are nublets completly. )
It's all about knowing the map, using your common sense and intuition to know where enemies will be.
Think I messed that up, supposed to be don't use a mic unless it's a clan match. Just annoying with people talking while you are trying to hear bullets fly by
Umibozu_IT
+15|6618|Italy
it's been 1,5 yrs since i left css but... when running & shooting, try to release the forward key, the shots accuracy is istantly increased. i know this because in my former clan there was a guy who was really good, he was able to headshot you with scout (270 in 1 hit) even whilst running, turned out he was using macros to release all the movements buttons while he was firing..

also don't run backward whilst shooting, your bullets will go just everywhere, even in another server.

that said, css is crap, and i still can't figure out why i played it for over a year.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6503|Cardiff
the best way to be good at cs is to have played since 1.4b or possibly longer its been so long since i started i cant even remember what version it was now. i think it was about 7/8 years ago maybe? lol anyway ive found bf2 is more tactical (IO at least) if ur playing scrims coz there are way more permutations.
autopilot
banned
+115|6318

[THE] comben wrote:

the best way to be good at cs is to have played since 1.4b or possibly longer its been so long since i started i cant even remember what version it was now. i think it was about 7/8 years ago maybe? lol anyway ive found bf2 is more tactical (IO at least) if ur playing scrims coz there are way more permutations.
It's all personal preferance basically, I have played a lot more CS:S recently because my connection is shit and that does affect my score in BF2 and 2142, I lag. However CS is nice to my connection for some reason

it's been 1,5 yrs since i left css but... when running & shooting, try to release the forward key, the shots accuracy is istantly increased. i know this because in my former clan there was a guy who was really good, he was able to headshot you with scout (270 in 1 hit) even whilst running, turned out he was using macros to release all the movements buttons while he was firing..

also don't run backward whilst shooting, your bullets will go just everywhere, even in another server.

that said, css is crap, and i still can't figure out why i played it for over a year.
Thanks for the tips, I'll add them in tommorow
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

It's all personal preferance basically, I have played a lot more CS:S recently because my connection is shit and that does affect my score in BF2 and 2142, I lag. However CS is nice to my connection for some reason
Only score matters, right?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
autopilot
banned
+115|6318

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Only score matters, right?
Yuhuh, by score I mean I have problems reviving, resupplying, repairing teamates, and killling enemys.
Entertayner
+826|6541

autopilot wrote:

[/list]
Lies! I once knifed a whole team on dust2, rushing them.. Ahh, good times
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6319|Belfast
my name is Delta Force Commando +KC+ in CS:S (ino ITS SOOO GAY!!!) and i suck and my excuse is that
i too used to bf2
br4vo.f0xtrot
+1|6540

Entertayner wrote:

autopilot wrote:

[/list]
That was a 1v1 match right? haha
Entertayner
+826|6541

br4vo.f0xtrot wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

autopilot wrote:

[/list]
That was a 1v1 match right? haha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

No.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada
i might be stupid asking that but whats a 1337 ?

Last edited by Andoura (2007-01-23 23:50:48)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

autopilot wrote:

Some tips for all beginners:

• Don't throw flash for no reason
  • Don't throw flash when you know people on your own team get blinded by it
  • If you die, don't accuse of cheats. There are people out there that are very good.
  • Don't listen to music when playing.
  • Don't use your mic, if you are playing a clan match!
  • The mouse and keyboard don't have anything to do with you dying,
  • If FF (Friendly Fire) is on, don't shoot your team-mates
  • Never say in the chat what you are doing next round.
  • Pay attention to the screen; Radar, who is killed, how much hp (health points) you have left, and that you have enough ammo!
  • If you press TAB, you can see who is left and how many
  • And don't be a kamikaze, it doesn't work that well...
  • Agreed, unless it's a good guess.
  • Agreed, unless you want to be a prick.
  • And there are some people who do cheat.
  • Now hold on a second...I've listened to music as a CS noob, and it didn't hurt anything.
  • Use some sort of external program for automatic mic communication with your buddies.
  • They could, if they're breaking apart.
  • See 2.
  • Unless you know you can completely mislead the other team by neither doing what you suggest, nor its complete opposite.
  • Standard BF2 rules.
  • Yup.
  • It can if you take out over half of the opposing team.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard