jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6541|Singapore
how about a shotgun shell to the face?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6545|Boston, MA
I love how everybody argues on these forums All this guy is trying to show is what gun does the most damage the quickest. He already said accuracy doesn't go into account and all that other stuff. Then people come in saying stuff like, "Who cares?! AK-101 FTW!!!!1!! LOLOLOL" Also when people argue about their favorite guns. "No, the G36e is the best!" "No, the AK-101 is far more superior" blah blah blah.... Jeez, people need to learn to not be so defensive about a gun THEY use in a video game. If other people like one gun more, let them use it. Why should you care? If you're really using the better gun, it'll just mean an easier target for you.

Anyways, +1 to the creator of the chart for the work.

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2007-01-06 08:07:03)

lord_tyler_486
+54|6767|Upper Franconia

Kamikaze17 wrote:

i still love my G36C
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6515|Valley of the Dragons
M95
Madiz
is back
+26|6771
G36K is full auto too and G36K is the best i think.
https://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/Madiz991/signa.jpg
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6505|Menlo Park, CA
Interesting post! I was surprised about a few guns!

But the G36E is still the gun that I feel is downright dominant! I just wreck people with that particular gun as opposed to the others! Anyway it does come down to the way you use the gun I suppose. . . . .

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-01-06 13:24:39)

power9787
+10|6596
this scale iS WRONG
BULLETS comes in one and a bullet that can't fire a 1/3 round
and g36e and m16 are the same in amount of time to kill excluding accruacy
even if g36e does 2 more dmg and it still needs 4to5shots to kill it would take 0.266to0.333secs to kill just liek the m16
by the way three shot burst doesn't actually fire at900rpm done a short pause between every shot
the scale is wrong and it amount of time to kill is actually measured how many hit per second and amount oif hit in order to kill
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6721|67.222.138.85
The G36C has indeed been nerfed, I think it was 1.12 or maybe 1.2, it used to be a frickin laser, like, no joke. You aim at something and it hit it, period.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6754|Comber, Northern Ireland
Yer Mwah!!!
Pisacis
+1|6397|UK
Again San4 impresses with a rare thing on a videogame forum: INSIGHT. If I see you coming ingame there's a dozen reasons I'll be running in the opposite direction.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6478|meh-land

power9787 wrote:

this scale iS WRONG
BULLETS comes in one and a bullet that can't fire a 1/3 round
and g36e and m16 are the same in amount of time to kill excluding accruacy
even if g36e does 2 more dmg and it still needs 4to5shots to kill it would take 0.266to0.333secs to kill just liek the m16
by the way three shot burst doesn't actually fire at900rpm done a short pause between every shot
the scale is wrong and it amount of time to kill is actually measured how many hit per second and amount oif hit in order to kill
incorrect.  Burst is fired at 900 RPM, and you can achieve that only by macros.  Full automatic is at 600 RPM

you are also wrong about your first point.  The G36E does more damage, and although against fresh enemies it is equal with the M16, it has an advantage against slightly injured opponents.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6436|California, US
G36C at the bottom?
Well, I guess that would be true but I like own with that gun so it aint on the bottom of my list. And yes, the G3 is a really good gun. The only thing I don't like about it is it only has a 20 round capacity.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6345|teh alien spaceshit
But you kinda have to look at the accuracy factor here. I mean you are gonna have a better chance of hitting a target 50 yds away with a g36c than a g3. So, although the g36 is at the lowest, in the game, it will be superior due to it's accuracy.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6791|UK

san4 wrote:

Two words: G3.
https://i1.tinypic.com/s3d5y8.jpg
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6605|Reisterstown, MD

AK101 + headshot = instanta death.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6600|Seattle
This is VERY useful info, don't underestimate it.

in case anybody is still wondering, i can almost guarantee you that by repeatedly clicking u can get the full 900 rounds per minute (or something arbitrarily less than that) with the m16 and g36e. This is a large part of why these guns own. i am now kicking myself for not screenshotting one of the times in-game that i have been asked "marine, how do u get the m16 with full auto?"

On top of accuracy in general, there is another important consideration. "time to live." this is the amount of time it takes after stopping for the sights to 'close' and for your accuracy to maximize. it is:
                                                                                                                                         vvvvvvvvvv
1.0 seconds for the LMGs, the SCAR-H, F2000, all sniper rifles, the FAMAS, G36K, SCAR-L and THE G36E.
                                                                                                                                         ^^^^^^^^
0.5 seconds - ak101, ak47, m16, l85, g3, mp5, pp-19, type 85, m4, qbz-97, ak-74u, hk53a3, g36c

0.3 seconds - pistols

0.15 - all shotguns

i got all that information from this file. it also contains data on the amount of time it takes to kill armored and unarmored targets that is fairly similar to what u have posted in this thread, and just about anything else ud want to know about the infantry weapons (no AT or GL).

http://shormanm.home.mchsi.com/weapon-chart-1.22.JPG

The G36E isn't the ultimate pwner???????

In skilled hands, the m16 or AK have the potential to deal accurate damage faster than the g36e. Isnt it funny how people complain about a gun that isnt actually better? the g36e just rewards slow careful shooters (noobs). if u play as fast as possible with the g36e, it will randomly come up with crap accuracy when u need it most. u can come closer to trusting an ak, m16, mp5, or m4 to lands its very first shots in the moment of a spin-around snap shot.  sure if the g36e hit, it would probably kill faster, but if u move first your bullets will land, while the g36e noob fails to keep up with you. hence, using the g36e holds u back from a faster and more effective rate of play. On the other hand the L85 builds skill because it forces u to aim more carefully due to crap accuracy while encouraging full speed play.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-01-06 20:37:50)

d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6468|Ontario, Canada
all your evidence is useless without accuracy.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
DisasterMaster
+5|6418|(0,0,0)
He's talking about maximum efficiency. From what he said, while the G36E gets maximum accuracy in 1 second, its counterpart the M16 gets maximum accuracy in 0.5 seconds. POTENTIALLY, the M16 can be used more efficiently then the G36E because it reaches optimal accuracy before the G36E.

In practice, G36E>M16 in terms of effectiveness. However, M16>G36E in terms of it's potential.

It's like the Sniper Rifle V. Assault Rifle. The Sniper rifle has HUGE potential, put it in the hands of an aimbot cheater, and only vehicles are taking him down. In reality, not quite true.

The G36E isn't the ultimate pwner???????
The G3 is.

Last edited by DisasterMaster (2007-01-06 20:49:35)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6600|Seattle

d4rkst4r wrote:

thats dumb. accuracy per minute and damage per minute are the factors involved. neither one has any use without the other. the simple topic of accuracy has been discussed a million times, and most people can put the weapons in order in terms of accuracy off the tops of their head. the same thing goes for damage. despite their central importance, many people leave out the variable of time (damage and accuracy rates) when choosing a weapon. for a game that is heavily driven by reflexes, how fast things can be accomplished is probably more important than whether they can be accomplished under ideal, slow conditions. so actually your evidence "would be useless" except u provided none.

Another thing to be considered when practically evaluating weapons is their accuracy deviation while moving. the same amount is added whether it is strafing or forward/backward, however it is additive if you are strafing and running forward at the same time so avoid it. the link i posted above indicates that the l96 and m24 are significantly better at this than other sniper rifles. this explains why those guns completely own the competition and is probably why i gave up sniping while motionless long ago. its much better to hide behind a hill crest and run around randomly pronespaming at people so they can never get clear shots while u eventually land your frantic ones.

i wont go into the details of that for the rest of the weapons but if ur interested check it out.
DisasterMaster
+5|6418|(0,0,0)
^^
That is why I'm weirdly better with an M16. I've alwas thought It was the mental thought of "YOUR USING A NOOB GUN" causing me to play more carelessly.
shadowcell_01
How 'bout dem Cowboys?
+45|6559|Flower Mound, TX
ak101 pwns nubs to hell and back. Also i hear the knife kills in one stab when your kills decide to register.
Mad Ad
+178|6525|England, UK

Marinejuana wrote:

by repeatedly clicking u can get the full 900 rounds per minute (or something arbitrarily less than that) with the m16 and g36e.
I beg to differ, its not possible, there is a built in pause preventing macro abuse.

The book ROF of both weapons is 15 rounds/sec (900/60) so 30 rounds should take 2 seconds but it actually takes 2.8 seconds (+/- 0.1s) to fully discharge a clip of 30 from either weapon, thats with the button being pressed faster than physically possible.

So out of the leftover time, split over 10 bursts thats 80ms pause per burst.  Or another way if we add the pauses per shots its an adjusted ROF of 643 rpm. (1000/(80ms+(3*66.667ms)/3)x60
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6544|Belgium

Kamikaze17 wrote:

i still love my G36C
Sniper rifles kill the fastest, its instant when you score a headshot
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6363|Belfast
in real life the pkm is alot faster in firing! missed that 1 EA
{vX-op3}~ThunderKiss
+1|6336|Classified
I always do better with the G36C for some reason. That's funny it got nerfed though, cuz they did that to the G36K in Ravenshield too. Something about the G36 gun family in games that always pwns. For close quarters urban combat and small maps I like the auto shotty though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard