kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
Okay, I knew that title would attract your attention! This can only be done in Titan mode as well.. you need the Titans (big duh there) and a gunship for most of it.

YOU MAY NEED A JOYSTICK BECAUSE YOU NEED TO HOVER AT AROUND 60% IN THE GUNSHIP

The first thing is, play as Engineer - you can earn 88 points without it but a lot more if you are an Engineer (no unlocks needed).

At the start of the round, do all you can to get the gunship alone. I get it everytime as I have extremely fast loading times, so you may need to lower graphical settings to make it load quicker.

So.. let's get started on how to earn those points!

1. Now that you are in the gunship (alone preferably), fly over to the enemy titan. Destroy 1 (ONE) titan AA gun and a message will come up like "Titan Attack Score" - once this message goes away, do it to the next titan AA gun as well. You need to wait for this message to disappear first otherwise you sometimes don't get the point for it.

2. Once you've destroyed all 4, you'll be awarded "Titan Destruction Pin" worth 20. Add 8 for the points you've got from destroying the guns and that is 28. Engineers will whore the repair points (which you will do later) and repair them all, and you go back and repeat step 1!

You can only do this technique twice in a round, earning you a total of 56 points (will not show in game seeing as you get a pin etc) - any other time is just wasting time earning more points!

3. Alrighty, you've earned 56 points (will only show as 16 actually in game). Now, the enemy gunship no doubt realizes what you have done and says to him/her/itself, "that's a good idea! i'ma go do that too.."

And this is where repair comes in SO handy. You earn 2-4 points for repairing each broken titan aa gun if no one is on them (you won't get a repair point, but your score will go up by two) - There is a limit and I think it is 20 points maximum for this, so that brings you up to 68. I've had several stars for not having any kills or deaths but 68 teamwork.

There you go! An easy round earning you (over) 70 points!

Enjoy.

leetkyle (who will no doubt earn his next promotion today, as will you if you do this for long enough).

P.S - yes, this also gets your air time up for other badges!

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-01-05 07:04:41)

daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6591
Thats if all that goes to plan!

I find it easy to get over 70 points anyway, when I add any career points to it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
Rarely does it not go to plan for me. I get in quick and always get the chopper, and even earned myself a few kills

I find it hard to earn 70 unless I teamwork-whore.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6859|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Support on titan: Easily over 100 points.
Lost-Soul
+26|6525
and i was thinking i was going to be in game points...not career points
Darth_Rambo
+22|6723|Raleigh, NC
You actually don't even need the Gunship. On all Titan maps, except Verdun, there are AA guns at the enemy base. I fly over in the Transport, then jump in the AA guns and destroy the 4 Titan guns. I do this twice per round EVERYTIME I play a Titan map. I have around 160 Titan Destructor Pins. You are correct about waiting a few seconds between destroying each gun, same applies to repairing the Titan guns.

I, too, also repair my Titans guns anytime they are destroyed. You only get points for repairing them if they are completely destroyed. Merely repairing them from say 50% to 100% does not give you any points.

In-Game Points (approx)
Destroy 8 Titan Guns = 16 pts max
Repair   8 Titan Guns = 16 pts (not sure what the limit is if gun unoccupied)
                                            (unlimited if a teammate is using the gun you are repairing)

Last edited by Darth_Rambo (2007-01-05 07:03:15)

Richard2000
Banned
+39|6561|England
just go inside the cargo boxes
on a good round u will get 100+ points
300+ points if u include career points
and it still works in patch 1.10

Last edited by Richard2000 (2007-01-05 07:03:52)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
Yeah, I made a mistake! It's 2 points per AA gun not 1, so you can get even more. Gunship is handier as it is harder the for the enemy to get you down imo.
Master*
Banned
+416|6510|United States
70 "career" points is nothing, i thought you meant 70 global points now that would be significant.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6832|Belgium
The Titan Defense Pin is also 20 Points. So it's actually easier to earn those points by whoring the shit out of your own Titan..
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6590
Hell, I sometimes get ~75 global points in a round.  It's not that hard.
Mafia47
+27|6756|Chicago
i HATE people who take the gunship and just go straight for the titan guns...how about you use an AA gun for that or a pilum or anything else. Save the gunship for people who actually want to use it.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6859|Reykjavík, Iceland.
My best round ever when not counting badges was around 500 career points, tons of juicy combat efficiency pins, dist. combat efficiency pins, close quarter pins, titan defender pins, the list goes on and on and on and on.
XX-ifrit-XX
+3|6382|Somerset, England
70 career points really is nothing as many ppl have already said. I average about 120 personally. Although admittibly 56 pts of that is titan gun related. However ive been picking up loads of team points from taking silos recently. As soon as the shields are gone it seems that every1 goes for the silos ignoring the fact that there losing due to having no silos. Rich pickings for the 5-6 who stay on the ground.

138 titan destructor pins.

In terms of taking the gunship from the start i dont mind ppl doing it as long as there quick, it should only take a minute or 2 to take out the guns and then they can turn on the transports from an unexpected direction. AA guns are far more effective in my opinion tho.
Avantek
Banned
+7|6364|New York
Thats the worsk guide ever mostly for noobs. I get 100 career point easy I thought you mean in game points I always have about 50 points per round and not lower unless the other team gets owned quickly.
Avantek
Banned
+7|6364|New York
In fact I managed to get 4500 points in one round on my old account which was "AoWs-Avantek" look it up if you cant belive me. I got a ribbon worth 2000 points and 2 badges one for explosives 1000 and the other for titan defence 1000 plus all the titan defnce pins +20 and combat pins +5/+10 explosive pins+10 and two titan destruction pins +40.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6441|Browntown
Or you could sit in a vent hallway not moving an inch and get 300 points in pins and 56 kills just mowing down people who poke thier heads out, and avoid all this gunship crap all together.
TheGiantSE
+14|6487|Sweden
This sound boring....

I think I will stick to trying to kill enemies instead.... thats why I play....
Salgurdar
+6|6405|Melbourne, Australia
I don't think he was asking for people to come and say how omfgbbqleet you all believe you are, the guy's merely trying to help others. If you want to one-up him, come up with a better guide.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6690|Canberra, AUS
Fun > Points.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Master*
Banned
+416|6510|United States

Spark wrote:

Fun > Points.
Battlefield 2142 - Stats= Im gone back to BF2 without stats

Stats are a part of the game you would be taking out something big if you forgot about badges and points and rankings IMO.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6479|cuntshitlake

Spark wrote:

Fun > Points.
Points > Fun.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6708
I laugh at 70 career points. Right now my average career point score on titan mode (when I don't get a badge or ribbon) is 170-280
how to you ask?

Be in a proper squad and follow orders/give orders. Cap silos like a mad man. Then defend your own titan as support. If the enemy titan shield goes down, attack them, but still defend sometimes, so the enemy doesn't figure out a pattern in you.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-01-06 09:12:14)

sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6634|InGerLand

leetkyle wrote:

You need to wait for this message to disappear first otherwise you sometimes don't get the point for it.
erm are you sure?
as far as i know even if it doesn't say it at the time it still counts it when the round ends.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6659

defend/attack titan = 200+ career points easy and 70+ global.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard