Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6696|England, GBR
F'kin über game.

I <3 it. Can't say much about the Caribbean / Duke It Out in DC add-ons as I didn't rate them much, but there were some damn sexy custom maps on here too.

Hope I'm not the only one who loved it.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
Duke 3D was kickass.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6330|Graz, Austria
Amazing game!
Back in school when a field trip got cancelled due to bad weather (in the morning only), instead of going home some friends and I stayed at school and played Duke3D over LAN the whole day.

I remember a map named something like "king of the hill" which had a tower/rock like structure in the middle with pipebombs and rpg launcher on top and was only reachable by a tricky jump'n'run section.
We had hours of fun.

The Holoduke utility was also great and something you never saw in any other games.
(Well, maybe the "world's most interesting bomb" from MDK.)
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6428|Norway
i think i stil have Duke Nukem 3D on a cd somewhere in my mess,it would be cool to find it and play it again for nostalgic reassons:D
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6509|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Ahh yes!! The good old games. Prepare yourself for total meltdonw.

https://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/941527980-00.jpg
https://aaa.opus-hosting.com/perso_Eleuse/lost/DN3D.jpg

|
\/
Half Life and Duke have something together
https://www.248am.com/images/hiresduke.jpg
|
\/
The awsome graphics
https://www.gel.ulaval.ca/~klein/duke3d/index_files/image002.jpg
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6757
it was a total classic! and was the first game I ever played online!!

was total havok though because I am sure everyone else put me were using hacks, and some server I joined would have the action speeded up so everyone was actually moving twice as fast. Took a while to get used to, but it was very hard to actually find a server to play on.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6509|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

theDude5B wrote:

it was a total classic! and was the first game I ever played online!!

was total havok though because I am sure everyone else put me were using hacks, and some server I joined would have the action speeded up so everyone was actually moving twice as fast. Took a while to get used to, but it was very hard to actually find a server to play on.
Same here +1
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6696|England, GBR
Just found it out... am going to install now!

BTW, did anyone see the Megadrive conversion (for Brazil apparantly) - but it's widely available in ROM format on the web, so chances are someone played it...

Nothing on the PC version, but still.

Also - did anyone remember hearing that if you went by a phone and dialled the number from inside the toilets (level 2 I think, in Episode 1) that something happened? (forgot what!)
ElMorte[OwP]
Expert Opportunity Misser
+9|6564|Bikini Bottom Germany
Shake it baby!

Wanna dance?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

I've played Duke 3D offline and over modem all the way through, and still have its prequels installed on an old PC.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6696|England, GBR
Anyone know any good sites for some maps? - There was one great one before, but I don't remember it's name and it's probably not online anymore!
Choclot
+21|6549
man duke nukem was so awsome it was my childhood game of choice lol i just got the demo on mac (coz i got a mac, yes i know shit but still playes games like call of duty 2) andi want to get the actualy game for some internet fun!
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6717|Sweden
Remember used to cry blood playing that game the graphics really hurt your eyes, and let spray for the sequal i heard some rumours it will hit us in the fall -07. "crosses fingers"
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6696|England, GBR

madmurre wrote:

Remember used to cry blood playing that game the graphics really hurt your eyes, and let spray for the sequal i heard some rumours it will hit us in the fall -07. "crosses fingers"
If that's DN: Forever... Fuck me, that's been in ""production"" almost as long as 'elite 4'
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Ahhh, I remember playing 3 way LANS on that game. 3 of us on Stadium, all flying round with jetpacks shooting at each other with rockets and chainguns. Awesome stuff
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6445|King Of The Islands

Wasn't DN3D banned in Germany for its 'violent content' and shit? I know some game was banned somewhere at around that time, and you just think to yourself when you look at them now 'wtf, I can't see shit. How can it be violent if I can't see shit?'

^ Hmm. A German seems to know the phrases. Guess it wasn't DN3D then.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6644|Wigan. Manchester. England.
OMFG!

That brings back some fucking awsome memories!!!!

I prefer these games compared to games these days, graphics means nothing to me!
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6850|Reykjavík, Iceland.

scottomus0 wrote:

OMFG!

That brings back some fucking awsome memories!!!!

I prefer these games compared to games these days, graphics means nothing to me!
Hear hear, Duke Nukem 3D was made with such passion, freshness and humour.

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum"

This guy deserves a medal!
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6766|San Antonio, Texas
Yeah, I wonder when Duke Nukem Forever is comming out... It was anounced when...1997?
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6644|Wigan. Manchester. England.
More like 3!!!

Can i get this game downloaded?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6757
Anyway to install the old game and have it running on modern day computers?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

scottomus0 wrote:

More like 3!!!

Can i get this game downloaded?
If it's abandonware, you can grab it from a legal abandonware site.

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Yeah, I wonder when Duke Nukem Forever is comming out... It was anounced when...1997?
It'll be done when it's done.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-19 03:47:06)

Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6696|England, GBR

theDude5B wrote:

Anyway to install the old game and have it running on modern day computers?
Something I couldn't live without: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/
UUD40
+8|6378|San Diego, CA
I loved that game way back when..
I never played any mods or online, but I did buy "Duke it out in DC" =]

I thought the graphics were the bomb when I started playing it.
Frotz
+15|6537|Sweden
Found the Duke 3d high resolution pack a way back, and started playing again after so many years

http://hrp.duke4.net/

Can't speak for this, as I have not confirmed that it's the same as I got, I just did a quick search. If it's the right one, then you won't have to care about having a "too good" computer, as the HRP will take care of the sound and  "the speed" all by itself. Hope it works well for you all

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard