Poll

Do you hate rap?

yes59%59% - 232
nah40%40% - 158
Total: 390
lord_tyler_486
+54|6752|Upper Franconia
Lets see how many people on these forums really HATE rap. This is just about HATING RAP, nothing else. If you just "don't like" it, you don't automatically HATE it, keep that in mind.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6534|Valhalla
I'm a very big fan of Rap/Hip hop
Uncle Mombassa
+13|6327|Mombassa
hurray for the rap
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
i hate raps sang by...erm...African Americans but i kinda like rap sang by chinese...it is just soo different...esp jay chou
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6649|Norway
I listen to old school hip hop sometimes, but i think most of the rap/hip hop suck balls these days. I mean, really, really suck, like world idol or black eyed peas suck

Last edited by Fredrik (2007-01-04 07:52:19)

jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

no. I like Public Enemy in the 8th grade and I have liked it ever since.

I like Rap, not club music (i.e. I don't like things like Black Rob - Like WOE!)

I think it is a legitimate form of music (no im not a wigger).

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-01-04 07:53:06)

Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6649|Norway

jsnipy wrote:

no. I like Public Enemy in the 8th grade and I have liked it ever since.

I think it is a legitimate form of music (no im not a wigger).
Yes, that is good music !
Master*
Banned
+416|6495|United States
you have to understand who the majority of people are in this forum, I dont think they are gonna like rap because they look at rap as the opposite of what they listen to.

jkohlc wrote:

i hate raps sang by...erm...African Americans but i kinda like rap sang by chinese...it is just soo different...esp jay chou
people like this make my stomach turn

But my opinion is there is unmeaningful rap that glorifies the gun, sex, money, drug lifestyles some idiots are living and is just plain stupid, then there is good rap that has postive meaning. Then theres the problem of if the music it self sounds good or bad and not what it means. But there is good rap music out there people just look at the negative aspects of some rap songs and hate the whole thing.

Last edited by Masterstyle (2007-01-04 07:58:25)

Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6756|Hell, p.o box 666

Actually I dont like all this chart stuff like 50cent, g-unit, new snoop stuff, etc etc.

I´ve listend to some 2Pac, Dre, Snoop when they way under Deathrow... Also some Master P and the rest of his label was included.

I became sick of all those stupid songs, kids, biatches, braggin, gangstacrap when even my 12years old cousin listened to those guys.

Public Enemy is still one of the best bands, the rest, naaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6549|UK

Gets on my nerves after a while, how many times can u listen to a 'song' about some guy and his homies with guns, sex and drugs, FS SOMETHING NEW PEOPLE.  Gets boring, yet I must be in the minority cause it is big buissiness

Martyn
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

I'm not a fan of rap, but I absolutely hate anyone who calls rap 'music'.
weasel_thingo
+74|6326
to put it simply yes
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6756|Hell, p.o box 666

Bell wrote:

Gets on my nerves after a while, how many times can u listen to a 'song' about some guy and his homies with guns, sex and drugs, FS SOMETHING NEW PEOPLE.  Gets boring, yet I must be in the minority cause it is big buissiness

Martyn
yep, I agree here!
Dwit
+34|6510

weasel_thingo wrote:

to put it simply yes
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore

Masterstyle wrote:

you have to understand who the majority of people are in this forum, I dont think they are gonna like rap because they look at rap as the opposite of what they listen to.

jkohlc wrote:

people like this make my stomach turn

But my opinion is there is unmeaningful rap that glorifies the gun, sex, money, drug lifestyles some idiots are living and is just plain stupid, then there is good rap that has postive meaning. Then theres the problem of if the music it self sounds good or bad and not what it means. But there is good rap music out there people just look at the negative aspects of some rap songs and hate the whole thing.
bleh...his rap dont talk about gun, sex, money and/or drugs...it usually talk about romance and some random stuff...but not those...look it up for the lyrics and translations
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6546|Doncaster, UK
It depends really, what constitutes rap? Do Rage Against The Machine "rap"?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Fuck rap

METAL FTW!
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6626|Gold Coast, Australia
I only like the Hilltop Hoods (Nosebleed Section)
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.
I dont like mainstream rap, but some is alright, so i say no....
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

It's pretty much just talking about drugs, sex, and getting shot.

Not really singing at all, and all the songs sound the same.
acidkiller187
+123|6630
There are some songs that I will listen to, but very "FEW".
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6741|OctoLand
Yeah old skl stuff like the D-O DOUBLE G.
I know fucking karate
Microwave
_
+515|6655|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Yes, I hate rap.

- - - - -

I hate the way rappers think they are musicians and have talent (I admit, I'm sure some do) but the generalization is that they can talk into a mic for prolonged periods of time which isn't either of the above.

I feel cheated that they are living a good life (from the money) where as real musicians (people who play instruments, sing well) do not get the appreciation they  deserve.

I understand that some people enjoy listening to someone talking over a backing track but I think that the people who actually play in that backing track should at least half of the money: and that's forgetting about the appreciation and praise.

N.B. I am not saying that most musicians want money because I'm sure that most (me included) play for enjoyment, however I do think they need to be recognized more.

Last edited by james@alienware (2007-01-04 15:07:46)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys
LOL rap isnt music. Its a beat with a guy talking into the mic cursing as much as he can. Retarded. And i hate those people who have there bigass speakers in their cars who blast it at 500 decibles thinking there cool.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

LOL rap isnt music. Its a beat with a guy talking into the mic cursing as much as he can. Retarded. And i hate those people who have there bigass speakers in their cars who blast it at 500 decibles thinking there cool.
I like rap, but I hate the rolling noise machines.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard