THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra
i was just playing on ghost town, was up top of tower with a claymore down when  guy in my squad came climbing up and ask me to get the claymore out of the way...
i thought he wanted me to blow it up so i got out a grenade but he wasnt going back down ladder. anyway i went over to clymore and thought maybe you can pick them back up and i just didnt know about that. so i pressed and held down "G" and while doing that he climbed up and over the claymore to my level!!!

is this new or am i just the worlds slowest sniper to realise this?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6844
the very 1st I have heard of this.
section9
+9|6854|USA
News to me
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6854|-
Most likely a fluke.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6762|The Netherlands
LoL was thinking about it with History class.
what if you could pick up a claymore with G.
certainly going to test it should be cool
007hutchy
+2|6795
Gonna have to try this tonight
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6752|Houston, TX
I've found glitches in setting mines near the tops of ladders.  If the mine is set in the wrong position(usually too close), it can be bypassed be the climber.  I've climbed past a mine set by a teammate and by enemies.  It's like the trigger-area was too close to the ladder and when I climbed up I somehow "missed" the kill zone. I've killed two VERY suprised snipers this way.  I've found that setting my mines at least 3 feet back from the top of the ladder ensures the kill zone cone (lol) covers the ladder exit area.

Last edited by Kung Jew (2005-11-28 07:44:11)

Throwawaymoniker
+0|6760
How did you get close enough to it to even possibly pick it up without *BOOM*?
TrevorP
+0|6800
I assume we was on the other side
THA
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra

Throwawaymoniker wrote:

How did you get close enough to it to even possibly pick it up without *BOOM*?
well it was top of ladder so i wasnt infront of it.
divided
Clear!
+3|6780
Engineers can wrench claymores back up.  Lollerpiez.
Blankwindow
+1|6732
since you were a sniper and no engineer it was probably that you just had the claymore to close to the ladder so asmentioned before it did not trigger the claymore.
nelson496
+3|6792
How can the engineer defuse a claymore? Wouldn't he blow up when he gets too close to the claymore!?!?!?
AFKGarycoleman
+0|6736
If I'm not mistaking in BF1942 engies could pickup mines that way.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

I've often proceeded slowly up a starcase to check if a claymore is at the top. When there is one, i'm out of the kill zone, but can still defuse it, even though I'm in front of it. Now THAT was a surprised Sniper.

What made you decide to press G?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
THA
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra

Tyferra wrote:

I've often proceeded slowly up a starcase to check if a claymore is at the top. When there is one, i'm out of the kill zone, but can still defuse it, even though I'm in front of it. Now THAT was a surprised Sniper.

What made you decide to press G?
because when he said to move it i pulled out a grenade to blow it but he didnt move down the ladder to avoid the blast so i thought maybe you can pick them up.
Blankwindow
+1|6732
You can't currently pick them up but you should be able. Considering that their is only two main ways claymore are detonated one by tripwire. (think of the scene near the end of S.W.A.T.) then their is remote detonation by clacker. (it's a little handheld thing that you squeeze and it blows the claymore.) their is a third which is an offshoot of the tripwire. it uses a motion sensor and works the same as clacker only instead of human person pressing the button the sener trigger it. This last is very rare though.

The last is what most games with claymore use funnily enough.

Anyway in any of the three setups an experiences soldier would be able to disarm his/her own claymore since it just requires putting a pin or disarming the sensor neaither which are very complicated. BUt they didn't/haven't coded that in as of yet.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6785
sometimes claymores take sometime to activate, like 10 secs or even 15, or the claymore was there more time than that?
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6770

nelson496 wrote:

How can the engineer defuse a claymore? Wouldn't he blow up when he gets too close to the claymore!?!?!?
kill zone cone

har har that rhymes >.<
Guruz
Sir
+20|6845|government yard in trenchtown.
And remember, if the ladder isnt very high, you can always throw a grenade onto the top end of the ladder and the claymore will blow up and you'll have a safe climb
Done that numerous times.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6850|Bryan/College Station, TX
Engineers can disarm Claymores if they can get close enough to use their wrench on it. However the problem on ladders is that you can't use any tool or weapon. So disarming a claymore that is poise to blowup a ladder traveler isn't possible. I wish it was. I would be killing many more snipers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Gotham
+3|6739

nelson496 wrote:

Claymores are directional so as long as your behind it you wont trip it.

The real ones have FRONT TOWARD ENEMY written in big bold letters on the front just incase you forget.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6762|The Netherlands
these have that tekst aswell someone put a claymore in my face lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard