PhoenixTril
+0|6751|Canada
Hi, everyone.

Tonight, I've been trying to play BF2142, and it won't let me. I've joined three different servers a total of sixteen times. One server, I joined eight times, and each time the same thing happened. I timed it; after between 1:30 and 3:00 of play, averaging 2:00, the server disconnects me with a 'your connection has been lost' message.

Punkbuster is updated. It's not a physical connectivity problem on my end, because I've been playing other online games, like HL2 and Eve, Teamspeak, on and off all day. Not so much as a hiccup. This is repetetive, and recurring. I do not have any choppiness or lag before I disconnect. I'm just driving or walking, and it pauses with no 'there is a problem with your connection' message, and then I'm disconnected.

Why is this happening? Is it fixable, or am I just not playing 2142 tonight?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6735|England. Stoke
I only had the game for about 4 days but I ain't had any problems until today. I been getting the exact same problem as you have for no apparent reason (it just started doing it). Tried several different servers same thing after a few minutes play I lose connection, anyone got any ideas?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6773|The United Center
Heh, and it begins again...
PhoenixTril
+0|6751|Canada

coke wrote:

I only had the game for about 4 days but I ain't had any problems until today. I been getting the exact same problem as you have for no apparent reason (it just started doing it). Tried several different servers same thing after a few minutes play I lose connection, anyone got any ideas?
I've actually had good luck changing the processor affinity, since I have a dual-core system. I can play for hours on end with no problems on any server, if I do that. Downside is, you have to do this every time you run the game.

Control-Alt-Delete, and when task manager comes up, go to the 'processes' tab. Then, find BF2142.exe in the list, right click it, 'set affinity', and then uncheck all the boxes except CPU0. (Usually just CPU1 is checked and the rest are grayed out.)

I have no idea what a solution might be, if you're using a single core. This is a dual-core AMD AM2 system I'm running.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6735|England. Stoke
Played tonight with seemingly no problems. And yes I am running single core. And yes ThomasMorgan you are an unhelpful idiot.

Last edited by coke (2007-01-17 16:59:09)

SmackDowN
+5|6496
Might also be a cdkey issue, maybe you installed it at a friends house trying to play at the same time as you. Hapenned to me before on bf2, nothing about the cdkey in the disconnect message, I had to figure it out...

Might also be something with your router or firewall.
PhoenixTril
+0|6751|Canada
Good thoughts, but negative on both counts. Happens when the firewall's off, and I've never used this login anywhere else. Might work for Coke, though.

Processor affinity seems to have done the trick for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard