[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6868|Honolulu, HI
Alright, here's the story.  Due to space constraints, my computer is a good 4 feet away from my keyboard and mouse.  Consequently, the mouse cord on my usual mouse is always stretched to within an inch of its life.  Tired of constantly standing around helpless as I replugged a yanked USB plug back into the back of my computer, I decided to try a wireless mouse.

Big mistake.  Huge mistake.  Colossal, Hindenburg-crashes-into-the-Titanic-which-ignites-the-Exxon-Valdez mistake.

I cannot for the life of me get the wireless mouse to respond even half as reliably as my old wired mouse.  It's sluggish as all hell, and very finicky--you can move the mouse the exact same way 5 times and have the cursor travel 5 different distances.  And worst of all, it has piss-poor reception.  The receiver is 1 foot away from the mouse.  One goddamn foot.  And yet a good 10% of the time, the cursor just sits there, oblivious to my frantic mouse-moving.  And by the time I'm mobile again, surprise, I'm dead.

All I know is it's the first time in BF2 history that my K/D sank to 1:10.  One round of that bullshit was all I could handle.

I'm off to the store first thing tomorrow to get a store credit for this piece of shit and buy a USB cable extender/router/anything else instead.  I should have known when even the Logitech G5 only comes in a corded version...Now I know why.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6682|Winterpeg, Canada
G5's got quite a long as cable as it is, get something to extend it and you'll be set.
siciliano732
+202|6789|New York
G7?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6860|California

Because wireless mice are heavy and the signal gets interrupted at times.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6721|Melbourne, Australia.
G5 has a fairly long cable...shop around for mouse which have long cables, i'm not a fan of wireless myself...

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2007-01-02 23:00:25)

Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6840|MoVal So-Cal
I don't know what retarded wireless mouse your using but my Logitech MX revolution works just fine. I don't have any problems with response (its actually better then my previous WIRED optical mouse) or reception.
If you did get this mouse then please realize that you need to have the receiver/charger un-obstructed by any objects on your desk as they will interfere with the signal. Now, If you bought a shitty one then that all on you.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6868|Honolulu, HI

Pernicious544 wrote:

I don't know what retarded wireless mouse your using but my Logitech MX revolution works just fine. I don't have any problems with response (its actually better then my previous WIRED optical mouse) or reception.
If you did get this mouse then please realize that you need to have the receiver/charger un-obstructed by any objects on your desk as they will interfere with the signal. Now, If you bought a shitty one then that all on you.
Ugh, you have a point there.  Truth be told it's a Microsoft wireless optical mouse (insert eye-roll here).

Wasn't cheap, certainly no match for a Logitech, but considering the alternative (going back to wired) I may just spring for a better wireless mouse.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6724|Finland
My wireless has worked nicely for the last 3 years, I have noting to complain. I have wireless keyboard, and joystick too.
GuestHead
+2|6760
If you had a G5 and liked it....get a G7.  Exactly the same with the exception of the gripper surfaces.  Where the G5 is all grippy and nice, the G7 is smooth and slippery.  Other than that, exact same mouse.  My friend has one and I haven't heard a single complaint. 
PS.  Microshaft mice track like a herpes ridden hooker in south detroit.  I had a really nice keyboard/mouse set from them (still use the keyboard) and it made sniping damn near impossible.  I literally couldn't aim at certain points on the screen cause the mouse wasn't sensitive enough to track the movement properly.  Never mind the fact that touching the scroll wheel resulted in all of my weapons flying past me so fast I had no idea which it would end up on.  I had to use a key to switch weapons.   No fun.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6675|Edmonton Alberta
i have a wireless mouse and i have had no trouble with it at all
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6530|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Maybe just that mouse had a fucked reciver.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6666|Singapore
i heard that wireless mouse has a lag between the mouse and the computer and theres a delay whenever you do a action like click or move the mouse...is it true?
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6530|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
only if its a no name shitass brand
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6686|Doncaster, UK

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

The receiver is 1 foot away from the mouse.  One goddamn foot.  And yet a good 10% of the time, the cursor just sits there, oblivious to my frantic mouse-moving.  And by the time I'm mobile again, surprise, I'm dead.
If I remember correctly wireless devices always say something along the lines of "receiver should be a minimum of {insert distance here} away from the device". You may have your receiver too close. Try moving it away somewhere. It's wireless, it doesn't need to be in line of sight of the mouse!
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6467|Australia
Your wired mouse was only four feet from your PC, and the cable was stretched?

My Razer has a cord legnth of 7 feet, and I think the Logitechs do as well. Four feet seems too short for a mouse.....
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6767|Warlord

Jbrar wrote:

G5's got quite a long as cable as it is, get something to extend it and you'll be set.
G5's cord is plenty long enough. It's about a hand's width longer than my armspan, which makes it a good few inches over 6'.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6640|so randum
get a logitech mx1000, not had any problems,and i find it much more precise than my old wired mouse. pretty cheap too, you can pick em up for £40 in England
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
PFC Eva[75thR]
+2|6464|Stafford, UK
Yeah dude what is wrong with the G7?
Mad Ad
+178|6651|England, UK
the reason why theres no wireless G5 is because the wireless version is called the G7
arnica
+18|6820|Sydney

stryyker wrote:

the signal gets interrupted at times.
right on!!!!!
dubbs
+105|6772|Lexington, KY
Here is how to solve your issue.

http://www.usbgear.com/USB-Extension.html
SuperRoach
+3|6795
lame.

Fast RF puts the g7 and other good wireless mice on the same level. Interference is possible, but not by having a lot of the same mice at a lan or whatnot.

I'm sick of hearing bs going Wireless doesn't match wired.

It is true they are heavier due to the battery pack in them, and for the g7's poor/average batt life. But its always on vs the mx1000 being raised and switching off.

Research it up next time.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6725|Seattle
get a razer diamondback, 7 ft cable, and its dope.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6725|Seattle
get a razer diamondback, 7 ft cable, and its dope.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6648|Bournemouth, South England
I use the Razer Diamondback Chameleon. The cable is a little short, so I found a 1.5 metre USB extension lead in my local PC store, cost around £4. Bargain!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard