heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
and we were complaining about bf2142.

i just picked this game up for the ps3 yesterday and just could not believe the ad placement in this game. the logos are EVERYWHERE. text messages via t-mobile and auto zone store for example. EA just had no shame at all with this game.

it got me thinking: now what is the difference in ads between this game and gran turismo 4 (which i also own)? true, gt4 did have logos everywhere, but they all dealt with vehicles in one way or another. they also blended in much better, as if they were meant to be on the track. naturally, real rally cars will have logos plastered all over the sides. the ads never stood out because it seems that they were put there to add realism to the game, and not to sell you a phone. gt4 doesn't bother me at all with these logos, but nfs just annoys the hell outta me. i mean, to have ads all over the menus is a little much.

somehow EA managed to make these logos stick out like a sore thumb. the game is decent, and looks good, but i just found it so incredible how 'in your face' they were.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA
Since EA is making the money from the sponsers whose ad's are placed in the game, the game itself should be free to consumers, huh?

KInd of like watching your favorite telly show and having to sit through the commercials.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

That's why I didn't pay for it.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-01-02 12:19:54)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
mattrsch
Yeah, that thing I said
+18|6632|Ames, IA
yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, they also did the same thing in NFS Most Wanted, only the phone company was Cingular.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6757|San Antonio, Texas
God I HATE ads! They put them on your TV, I got TiVo. They put them on your radio, and I got XM radio. But now they are putting them in VIDEOGAMES!?! This is outrageous! Pretty soon they will put ads on your cell phone! People, we need to do something about this...
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6446

I don't really care abut them.... Also the game becomes more realistic with adds xD
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

God I HATE ads! They put them on your TV, I got TiVo. They put them on your radio, and I got XM radio. But now they are putting them in VIDEOGAMES!?! This is outrageous! Pretty soon they will put ads on your cell phone! People, we need to do something about this...
i wasn't complaining about the fact that ads were in the game. i was complaining about how blatant they were.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6757|San Antonio, Texas

heggs wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

i wasn't complaining about the fact that ads were in the game. i was complaining about how blatant they were.
Well, I'm complaning how there were ads in the game.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

heggs wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Well, I'm complaning how there were ads in the game.
sorry, thought you were being a dick.
mattrsch
Yeah, that thing I said
+18|6632|Ames, IA

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Sooner than you may think:
New York Times
autopilot
banned
+115|6345

Got a screenshot of it, just so I can see how bad it is?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
unfortunately not, but imagine a 'text message' coming in and a big fat T-mobile right on the top. as well as your 'checking out' at autozone.
autopilot
banned
+115|6345

Well, thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to get it for free if I ever get it...
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6693|UK
o shut up and stop bloody moaning
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51

haffeysucks wrote:

Hehe ..^^ Same here
Even so I saw a view but c''mon its a RACE GAME...who fuckin pays attention to the fuckin Billboards..I have better things to pay attention to..like teh road..

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-01-02 16:00:26)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
i said, it's in the fucking menus that bother me, i don't notice it when i'm driving, ass.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6421|Canuckistan

haffeysucks wrote:

^
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6790
One of the billboard adverts by the side of the road freaked me out at the weekend.  I was just following GPS, not racing, so I went back and made sure it was what I thought it was.  And it was.  It was simply FRANK in the style of:

http://www.talktofrank.com/home_html.aspx

Coincidentally my RL name is Frank and I work for the organisation that set up the website.  I never knew we were putting adverts in computer games though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard